Vynieh
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2124

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

So I just leveled up my hunter to 90 and started the endless arena farm to catch up in gear and I noticed something. Every time I try to fear a Feral Druid with Scare Beast it says "Invalid target". Shouldn't you be able to fear Feral Druids as they are classified as Beasts while they are in forms or am I missing something? Does anyone else has the same problem as me? It works on Shaman's Ghost Wolf btw.

#2 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

View PostVynieh, on 21 June 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

So I just leveled up my hunter to 90 and started the endless arena farm to catch up in gear and I noticed something. Every time I try to fear a Feral Druid with Scare Beast it says "Invalid target". Shouldn't you be able to fear Feral Druids as they are classified as Beasts while they are in forms or am I missing something? Does anyone else has the same problem as me? It works on Shaman's Ghost Wolf btw.

Any druid with 5 braincells can shift out while ur casting it they can shift while trapped or stunned also. obviously if they shift into caster form it does not fear them.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#3 Casun

Casun
  • Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

Heard of shapeshifting before?

#4 Vynieh

Vynieh
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

I don't think you guys got my point. I simply CAN'T start casting it vs Feral Druids since it says "Invalid target" WHILE they are in Cat Form. I'm not retarded, I know they can shapeshift out of it while I'm casting but this isn't my problem.

#5 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 1/1/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2283
  • 3v3: 2654
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:15 PM

On live? Still works.
www.twitch.tv/hiddenstalkeeu

#6 amaixliu

amaixliu
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/1/1/0/2

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

never had this problem on live

#7 Vynieh

Vynieh
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

Nvm, it works, I had just fucked up my macro by writing "party1" instead of "mouseover".

#8 KILLATON

KILLATON
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1734
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostDagin, on 21 June 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

Any druid with 5 braincells can shift out while ur casting it they can shift while trapped or stunned also. obviously if they shift into caster form it does not fear them.

This is why we counter ferals, everytime my healer gets CC'd i can just spam scare beast.
I cant even imagine how frustrating it must be.
Posted Image

#9 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 1910

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostRaphner, on 24 June 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

This is why we counter ferals, everytime my healer gets CC'd i can just spam scare beast.
I cant even imagine how frustrating it must be.

I haven't seen a feral over 1500 get Hit by Scare Beast in a very long while, in arena at least. They can kick, clone, bash, main, pounce (if Incarnation is up) or just shift out of cat (no matter what CC you put them into prior to this).

Since most feral teams tunnel Hunters anyway, i'm really curious how you manage to do that.

Edited by GrieverZ, 24 June 2013 - 07:34 PM.

#10 matidiaolo

matidiaolo
  • Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:33 AM

Ever hear of gladiatorlossa? Try fearing a druid out of it..

#11 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostCasun, on 21 June 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

Heard of shapeshifting before?

Constructive post, thanks for gracing us with your knowledge.

#12 KILLATON

KILLATON
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostGrieverZ, on 24 June 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

I haven't seen a feral over 1500 get Hit by Scare Beast in a very long while, in arena at least. They can kick, clone, bash, main, pounce (if Incarnation is up) or just shift out of cat (no matter what CC you put them into prior to this).

Since most feral teams tunnel Hunters anyway, i'm really curious how you manage to do that.

They have to use ALL abilitys to counter scare beast, and in the end shapeshift.
They dont have room to actually do any damage on a hunter, thats my point.
They CC themselfs :)
Posted Image

#13 Capers

Capers
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination 0/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1509
  • LocationFlorida, U.S

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

View PostRaphner, on 25 June 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

They have to use ALL abilitys to counter scare beast, and in the end shapeshift.
They dont have room to actually do any damage on a hunter, thats my point.
They CC themselfs :)

This is what I don't get about the people who just say "JUST DO X" yeah basically using half of your shit to counter one ability is stupid. Scare beast to ferals is as retarded (more-so in my opinion) as faerie fire is to rogues. It's like telling a rogue to cloak just so he can vanish with a 40 second faerie fire on. Yes it's preventable, but it's still annoying as fuck and outdated. If anything, they should make ferals immune to scare beast, but allow them to get polyed. It allows mages to actually peel ferals, while making a much nicer quality of life change for fearls Just make it feral only if it would fuck over resto. Call it something like "One with the Forest" and make some lore reason that ferals are so in tune with cat/bear form, they are considered human. Fear fucks over ferals more than other classes because they run so fast away from their target. Having to spam every global to shift it is annoying. The hunter might not be doing much damage (the pet still is though,) but if you just spam fear while your healer or partner is in danger, it makes up for it.
Posted Image

#14 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

Oops doublepost.

Edited by GrieverZ, 26 June 2013 - 05:58 AM.

#15 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostCapers, on 25 June 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

This is what I don't get about the people who just say "JUST DO X" yeah basically using half of your shit to counter one ability is stupid. Scare beast to ferals is as retarded (more-so in my opinion) as faerie fire is to rogues. It's like telling a rogue to cloak just so he can vanish with a 40 second faerie fire on. Yes it's preventable, but it's still annoying as fuck and outdated. If anything, they should make ferals immune to scare beast, but allow them to get polyed. Just make it feral only if it would fuck over resto. Fear fucks over ferals more than other classes because they run so fast away from their target. Having to spam every global to shift it is annoying. The hunter might not be doing much damage (the pet still is though,) but if you just spam fear while your healer or partner is in danger, it makes up for it.

I never implied you need to use all of that to counter a single scare beast. I just listed every single option. Btw, if you want to spam scare beast to force the druid to "cc" himself by powershifting, you realise you don't do any damage/pressure during that time either while his bleeds are still ticking.

The idea that we "counter" ferals with such a gimicky ability is laughable at best.

@ Above : My pet does jack as MM.

View Postmatidiaolo, on 25 June 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

Ever hear of gladiatorlossa? Try fearing a druid out of it..

I never, and will never, use that addon. Best way to never improve your situational awareness, ever.

Edited by GrieverZ, 25 June 2013 - 05:54 PM.

#16 Blexone

Blexone
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Arcane 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1679
  • 3v3: 2152
  • RBG: 192

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

Just deal with it like evereybody else deals with polys/roots! You can even avoid it my yourself easily... really dont see any reason to complain about it, it even has a cast time.

Edited by Blexone, 25 June 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#17 KILLATON

KILLATON
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

View PostGrieverZ, on 25 June 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

I never implied you need to use all of that to counter a single scare beast. I just listed every single option. Btw, if you want to spam scare beast to force the druid to "cc" himself by powershifting, you realise you don't do any damage/pressure during that time either?

Idk, doesn't sound like the most efficient way to deal with ferals specially since they usually roll with another melee and most feral comps simply tunnel vision hunters because of their unpeelable damage and our shit survivability so even if you "counter" the feral by spamming scare beast, his partner will still shit on you.

The idea that we "counter" ferals with such a gimicky ability is laughable at best.

@ Above : My pet does jack as MM.

"you realise you don't do any damage/pressure during that time either?"

The feral clones your healer, all you have to do i spam scare beast  :)
Posted Image

#18 Niosa

Niosa
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 0/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2098
  • 3v3: 2207
  • 5v5: 2194

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

View PostRaphner, on 25 June 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

The feral clones your healer, all you have to do i spam scare beast   :)
Trading a 1.5s cast for a GCD doesn't sound like an efficient trade, but maybe that's just me... I just feel like there are so many other things you can do to a feral and the target he is peeling, and you should only try to fear the feral occasionally to prevent making it obvious and making him expect it 24/7.

You can either:
Spamdispell the feral while dealing damage, get the swiftness buff or at least try to.
Dps the feral (they're actually kinda squishy and can get put in a bad spot if kited around).
Root the feral (this will make him shift, more or less creating the same effect as casting Scare beast does).
And of course Scare Beast.

Don't get me wrong, using SB is perfectly fine and you should do this. But "spamming" it is questionable, it leaves you vulnerable and makes you predictable which won't make you create or remove any pressure.

It's kind of similar to the mind games you play against a Disc when scattering him. Just do it when he doesn't expect it or when he's berserking, and do it consistently but not often enough to become obvious.

edit: Typo.

Edited by Niosa, 25 June 2013 - 09:19 PM.

Posted Image

#19 KILLATON

KILLATON
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

View PostNiosa, on 25 June 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

Trading a 1.5s cast for a GCD doesn't sound like an efficient trade, but maybe that's just me... I just feel like there are so many other things you can do to a feral and the target he is peeling, and you should only try to fear the feral occasionally to prevent making it obvious and making him expect it 24/7.

You can either:
Spamdispell the feral while dealing damage, get the swiftness buff or at least try to.
Dps the feral (they're actually kinda squishy and can get put in a bad spot if kited around).
Root the feral (this will make him shift, more or less creating the same effect as casting Scare beast does).

Don't get me wrong, using SB is perfectly fine and you should do this. But "spamming" it is questionable, it leaves you vulnerable and makes you predictable which won't make you create or remove any pressure.

It's kind of similar to the mind games you play against a Disc when scattering him. Just do it when he doesn't expect it or when he's berserking, and do it consistently but not often enough to become obvious.

I'm sorry but your post makes no sense, get that damage to stop instantly or deterrence.
Ofc, it's situational in the end. But in a 2s game when my healer is CCed i usually just spam scarebeast.
In order to stop me they use:
Bash
Pounce
Pummel
Clone sometimes

and in the end shapeshift.

Dmg during this phase? Next to none.

Edited by Raphner, 26 June 2013 - 10:52 AM.

Posted Image

#20 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

View PostNiosa, on 25 June 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

You can either:

Just to clarify, shifting roots does not produce the same affect as casting scare beast.  To shift roots, you don't even come out of form (macro that puts you right back in form) so you only use a single global (which you're probably regenerating energy during).  To shift scare beast you come out of form for a couple of seconds and then use a global to go back into form when the cast is over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<