- Eternal Flame initial healing has been reduced by 30%.
- Sacred Shield (Old) has been renamed to Holy Shield and is no longer a talent. Holy Shield is a Protection Paladin ability learned at level 85.
- Sacred Shield (New)
- Holy: When the Paladin or their Beacon of Light target falls below 30% health, that target gains a Sacred Shield absorbing damage equal to 30% of their maximum health. Sacred Shield can only occur once every 2 minutes.
- Protection, Retribution: When the Paladin falls below 30% health, they gain a Sacred Shield absorbing damage equal to 30% of their maximum health. Sacred Shield can only occur once every 2 minutes.
- Mastery: Illuminated Healing no longer activates from periodic healing effects.
- Divine Plea no longer reduces the amount of healing done by 50%
- Selfless Healer stacks now also work on Divine Light in addition to Flash of Light.
- Bastion of Glory will now apply Selfless Healer bonus to healing to the casting Paladin as well as other targets and consume all stacks of Bastion of Glory in the process.
The Eternal Flame change is an absolute huge nerf, plus the mastery change (which will be another nerf to Eternal Flame).
I was okay with all of that because I figured "well, maybe Sacred Shield will be better". But, the Sacred Shield change is a huge nerf. Right now, Sacred Shield absorbs around ~33K damage every 5 seconds. Under the new talent, Sacred Shield will absorb ~130K damage every 2 minutes. That's quite a difference.
Now, we haven't really gotten a blue response yet to clarify whether or not Sacred Shield is just getting an additional effect or if it is being replaced; if it IS getting replaced, we're screwed.
We also have the Selfless Healer change, but honestly, it's just trash for holy paladins because holy paladins will have no HoTs/shields in between crowd control we get caught in.
So we get to choose between a severely nerfed Eternal Flame, a Sacred Shield that is completely useless, and a spell that will leave us with no HoT/absorb
What happened to holy paladins getting some sort of CC break tool? Hell, on an unrelated note (which sort of impacts us), what happened to shaman's Tremor totem/totemic restoration being removed/redesigned?
I've been pushing and poking Blizzard to get a response... nothing.
Edited by Zilea, 21 June 2013 - 09:10 AM.