How to Walk with the Wind (6.1)

Races Glyphs Talents Gemming Reforging and Professions Class Synergy and Addons Macros

• Please log in to reply
332 replies to this topic

#321 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/1/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2735
  • 3v3: 3041
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 768

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:39 PM

View PostShunai, on 21 November 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

Is this updated for 6.2.3?

no

#322 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:38 AM

Hello there all, decided to try out WW, got some few questions I could not hope to be answered ingame (since there's almost zero good WWs - in EU).

1.) Stats/Gear:
with 6.2.3 is your stat priority still Versa > Haste > Mastery? Is dropping setbonuses still an option vs some comps? Is staff still the best to use? (because the weapon speed)

2.) Glyphs/Talents:
I kind of feel using FoF and Para glyphs mandatory and either choose between Karma and Touch of Death. Opinions? As of talents, is Chi Wave and Rushing Jade Wind viable?

3.) Rotation / Bursting:
I get that our most hitting abilities are FoF, Chi Explosion and Chi Torpedo (and Chi Burst?). So I have multiple questions:
- What to prioritize in ideal situations (Tiger Strikes, Trinket buff, Rising Kick buff and Tiger Palm buffs up, Tigereye Ready,  FoF/Explo/Torpedo ready and no cc incoming for like the next 4 gcds)
- What is the priority regarding buffs (like prioritizing Trinket buff over Tigereye or should I ever FoF without RSKick or Tiger Strikes buff etc)
- What is the priority regarding abilities if say I have a limited time window to burst? Of course its obvious that if I need to peel I would blow FoF or use Torpedo for mobility but say, would there be a situation where I would let a Combo point overlap / extended max energy situation to happen? In short, how should I manage my cooldowns?
- When should I use Storm Earth and Fire - if ever? Outside burst? Hitting pets/healer while dps-ing other targets? Only to prevent drinking?

Thanks for any advise / answer

#323 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 14 December 2015 - 02:20 PM

Also 3 more questions:

1.) Are these two tricks still working - Transcendence teleport on a clone and turning while rolling?

2.) Is Legsweep and Ox Wave (still) dodgeable an parryable (remember Legsweep was in MoP)?

3.) When in a teamfight in RBGs is Rushing Jade Wind more useful than Chi Torpedo? Also when being on kill target/harassing healers should I spread dmg on the other healers via Storm Earth and Fire or should only do that while not bursting or should not use it at all (except for interrupt mounting up, drinking, capping etc).

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2445
  • 3v3: 2109
  • 5v5: 1737
  • RBG: 958
  • LocationAustria

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:08 PM

View Postzenton, on 14 December 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

Also 3 more questions:

1.) Are these two tricks still working - Transcendence teleport on a clone and turning while rolling?

2.) Is Legsweep and Ox Wave (still) dodgeable an parryable (remember Legsweep was in MoP)?

3.) When in a teamfight in RBGs is Rushing Jade Wind more useful than Chi Torpedo? Also when being on kill target/harassing healers should I spread dmg on the other healers via Storm Earth and Fire or should only do that while not bursting or should not use it at all (except for interrupt mounting up, drinking, capping etc).

I can answer these.

1. they hotfixed that porting in the first season of MoP afaik. and turning while rolling only used to work if you botted I think? not sure tho but everyone plays Chi Torpedo anyways now. (jump+use it for maximum burst without missplacing yourself)

2. Yes

3.good luck getting into any rbg group without knowing someone who is nice and gives you a spot in their group and if I actually get in I mostly just defend something (the trick to not get sap into trinket into blind capped is to play xuen or just get a clone out as fast as possible.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#325 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:22 PM

Thx for answer, so it seems it is still best to Paralyze before stun if you want to be sure it lands.

Sad to hear about no Teleport on clones, was fun. : /

I'm also trying the Torpedo jump thing but for some reason it doesn't work in instances / battleground, but I can manage it to work outdoors. Any advice/info here?..

As for rbgs, I'm luck to have 2 possible teams and an alt-semi pug so I could get a shot to enter as WW.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationAustria

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:29 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=JuSgTFLIDOk at 1:30 he explains it pretty well :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#327 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:42 PM

Thanks for vid!

But.. I still don't understand. It doesn't seem to work in arenas and battlegrounds.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationAustria

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:45 PM

http://gfycat.com/WebbedFrankCicada works pretty well for me, and I'm playing with high ping (90+)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#329 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:47 PM

I've figured it out at last it seems..

In outdoor, I can jump after I used Torpedo.
In arena I have to press them at the same time. I guess it has to do something with the fact that I'm in Hungary.

Thanks for the help, by the way.

Any opionions on the other questions?

#330 Ahmopasa

Ahmopasa
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1436
  • 3v3: 671
  • RBG: 1332

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:06 PM

I have apologize to ask if asked but I need help.
So, I have 4 set bonus combined with rare and epic items only from season 3. Today I got new season 3 epic, but I have already season 3 rare. If I equip epic one, I am going to lose 4 set bonus.

What I am going to ask is that the epic worth to equip ? Is the benefit that comes with replacing rare with epic bigger than using rare and 4-set bonus ?

I hope I could tell you what I meant.

Again, if asked before, delete my topic gladly.

Thanks in advance.
-Hi There!..

#331 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/1/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2735
  • 3v3: 3041
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 768

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:29 PM

View PostAhmopasa, on 15 December 2015 - 08:06 PM, said:

I have apologize to ask if asked but I need help.
So, I have 4 set bonus combined with rare and epic items only from season 3. Today I got new season 3 epic, but I have already season 3 rare. If I equip epic one, I am going to lose 4 set bonus.

What I am going to ask is that the epic worth to equip ? Is the benefit that comes with replacing rare with epic bigger than using rare and 4-set bonus ?

I hope I could tell you what I meant.

Again, if asked before, delete my topic gladly.

Thanks in advance.

keep4set

#332 Laptop

Laptop
  • Members

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:48 PM

A big thanks to my old pal, Balance. He is contributing to our lovely community, 'the Junks' and is always welcome to go mini golfing with me.

#333 Tapion

Tapion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:37 PM

Weapons: Mark of the Frostwolf or Mark of Warsong (Chi Explosion)

Perhaps I made a mistake while running the numbers or maybe simulationcraft is inaccurate but is the above really accurate?

My numbers show Mark of the Frostwolf only pulls ahead of Mark of Warsong when using Serenity,  Its a minor difference either way but I was just curious if anyone else had similar findings.

(aka: Mark of the Frostwolf (Serenity) or Mark of Warsong (Chi Explosion or Hurricane Strike)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<