How to Walk with the Wind (6.1)

Races Glyphs Talents Gemming Reforging and Professions Class Synergy and Addons Macros

Creating and replying to topics is restricted until you link a Battle.net account with a valid World of Warcraft character.
  • Please log in to reply
287 replies to this topic

#281 Arbecas

Arbecas
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0/.

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:24 AM

I was wondering how viable WW monks are in low rating casual arenas ? I know that pretty mutch everything is viable on this level, but I still wonder how hard it would be to win in low rating. (For a low-rated, new and not that great player).

Because I started playing not so long ago and It's only after leveling a monk that I realised that everyone is saying that WW are bad :s. But I really like the play style of the WW and I think BrM is kinda boring to play.

#282 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/1/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2735
  • 3v3: 3041
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 768

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:00 AM

View PostArbecas, on 12 February 2015 - 04:24 AM, said:

I was wondering how viable WW monks are in low rating casual arenas ? I know that pretty mutch everything is viable on this level, but I still wonder how hard it would be to win in low rating. (For a low-rated, new and not that great player).

Because I started playing not so long ago and It's only after leveling a monk that I realised that everyone is saying that WW are bad :s. But I really like the play style of the WW and I think BrM is kinda boring to play.

It will be much harder than almost any other class you could play tbh. Doing damage and getting kills isn't hard but as a casual player with a casual healer surviving will probably seem near impossible.

#283 Arbecas

Arbecas
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0/.

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:15 AM

I see, thanks for the reply

I hope they fix this soon :(

#284 eltwentyone

eltwentyone

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:11 PM

Started playing my monk, what is the setup to kill healers?

get tiger brew stacks how much? paralysis->cap->then hurricane strike?

#285 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/1/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2735
  • 3v3: 3041
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 768

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:20 PM

I updated the guide to adjust for changes in my opinion and the game.

Things that were changed:
  • Removed the "In and Outs" of Warlord of Draenor because we should all be up to date on those changes by now.
  • Added information on the return of Glyph of Blackout Kick
  • Updated Talents, a lot of them are preference now whether you want to play Chi Explosion, HS, or Serenity, along with Xuen vs. Torpedo, Celerity vs. Tiger's Lust, and Chi Wave vs. Chi Burst. All are good talents and there is no right choice between a lot of them except maybe Xuen and Torpedo, Torpedo is pretty good now.
  • Updated Enchants and Stat priority to adjust for the Chi Explosion build.
  • Added a list of viable monk comps.
  • Removed video of Charging Ox Wave seeing how it no longer bases whether it stuns or not when you shot it rather than when it actually hits the player.

And that's basically it, sorry I can't give you a decisive answer on what you should do a lot of the time because from what I've seen there are plenty of comps, specs, builds, and individual talents that work just fine.

Take whatever you enjoy the most and have fun in arena.

Other than Chi Torpedo, I hated that shit but since it is actually good I got over it and got used to it. Hopefully in a couple seasons we can take RJW again.

Have a good day.

#286 MrSlammin

MrSlammin
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/1/0/2/0

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:01 PM

I just have to ask since there's so many monks using 2h all of a sudden.
Some say 2h is better and others say its personal preference and from looking at the 3s ladder eu/us, it seems to be mixed between 2h and 1h.

SO Is there an actual reason of going 2H over 1h or vice versa like against/in a certain comp/situation/etc?

#287 Divinitum

Divinitum
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2255
  • 3v3: 2406
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1781
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:52 AM

[quote name='MrSlammin' timestamp='1426806070' post='4402494']
I just have to ask since there's so many monks using 2h all of a sudden.
Some say 2h is better and others say its personal preference and from looking at the 3s ladder eu/us, it seems to be mixed between 2h and 1h.

SO Is there an actual reason of going 2H over 1h or vice versa like against/in a certain comp/situation/etc?
[/quote]
See this post of mine from a while ago.

Everything stated there is still true. Only difference is that the damage increase of using 2h over DW is now greater than 1% (not more than 2% though) due to the Tiger Strikes hotfix at the beginning of 6.1

2% seems to make enough difference to warrant the use of 2hs over DW, while not having to deal any double enchant proc RNG.

Edited by Divinitum, 20 March 2015 - 02:56 AM.

#288 MrSlammin

MrSlammin
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/1/0/2/0

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:22 PM

The passive stats does seem to be a bigger difference then i first thought.
Not sure whether i can learn to love 2h tho, im quite fond of my fistweapons :mellow:

Any thoughts on what the damage increase of an extra/more uptime of enchant is?

Creating and replying to topics is restricted until you link a Battle.net account with a valid World of Warcraft character.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

<