How to Walk with the Wind (6.0.3)

Races Glyphs Talents Gemming Reforging and Professions Class Synergy and Addons Macros

Creating and replying to topics is restricted until you link a Battle.net account with a valid World of Warcraft character.
  • Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#261 MrSlammin

MrSlammin
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/1/0/2/0

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:43 PM

Quick question, for stat priority, it says versatility is king but then it says multistrike for enchants.
is there a specific reason for this? why not versatility enchants?

#262 augiddin

augiddin
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1724
  • 3v3: 2352
  • 5v5: 1152
  • RBG: 1915

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:58 PM

View PostMrSlammin, on 19 January 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

Quick question, for stat priority, it says versatility is king but then it says multistrike for enchants.
use versa enchants, probably just missed it.

#263 hazythe4saken1

hazythe4saken1
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1370
  • 3v3: 384

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:08 PM

can you link me that change pls?

It's on the front page of MMO Champion atm.  I can't link url's yet otherwise I would.

#264 hazythe4saken1

hazythe4saken1
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1370
  • 3v3: 384

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:10 PM

Spell Changes

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
Companions
  • Bone Serpent Name Changed from Pet Template to Bone Serpent. Instant. Battle Pet. Instant.
  • Slithershock Elver Name Changed from Pet Template to Slithershock Elver. Instant. Battle Pet. Instant.
  • Young Talbuk Name Changed from Pet Template to Young Talbuk. Instant. Battle Pet. Instant.
Item Set Bonuses

#265 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/1/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2735
  • 3v3: 3041
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 768

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:18 AM

View PostMrSlammin, on 19 January 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

yeah at the time i wrote this i didnt realize they had versa enchants, will fix now

#266 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:29 PM

A few questions for balance :

1) When do you use energizing brew ? Should I macro it with tigereye brew to benefit from the nice 15% multistrike bonus during burst ?

2) Against what kind of arena comps freedom roll glyph is better than para glyph ? Also, do you go para or freedom roll in rbg ?

3) Do you think the floating butterfly glyph could be useful against classes that are hard to stun like dk or mages ?

4) I Noticed that the 2h has more stats than 2x1h. Is 2h better than 2x1h ?.

5) I remember that chi burst hits where really strong in MoP, is it still the case ?

6) Will you go for the 4p set bonus in 6.1 or will you go for the highest amount of vers/ms/crit possible ? :

Posted Image

7) If I understand well, ww/sp/healer is your favorite 3s comp but what are the other viable 3s comps ? Btw, what is the best healer for ww ?

8) In it's current state do you think ww is rank one viable ? Would you recommend ppl to play ww in arenas or is it a frustrating experience ?

Thanks in advance for your reply,
Regards.

Posted Image

#267 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:49 PM

View Postglonglon, on 24 January 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

A few questions for balance :

1) When do you use energizing brew ? Should I macro it with tigereye brew to benefit from the nice 15% multistrike bonus during burst ?

2) Against what kind of arena comps freedom roll glyph is better than para glyph ? Also, do you go para or freedom roll in rbg ?

3) Do you think the floating butterfly glyph could be useful against classes that are hard to stun like dk or mages ?

4) I Noticed that the 2h has more stats than 2x1h. Is 2h better than 2x1h ?.

5) I remember that chi burst hits where really strong in MoP, is it still the case ?

6) Will you go for the 4p set bonus in 6.1 or will you go for the highest amount of vers/ms/crit possible ? :

Posted Image

7) If I understand well, ww/sp/healer is your favorite 3s comp but what are the other viable 3s comps ? Btw, what is the best healer for ww ?

8) In it's current state do you think ww is rank one viable ? Would you recommend ppl to play ww in arenas or is it a frustrating experience ?

Regards.

1. Don't macro it, use it when you have uptime, won't be getting CC'd, and need energy.

2. I take freedom roll where being able to get out of slows will be more beneficial than getting full paralysis, E.G. Monk TSG, I can only para the DK who has several outs, so freedom roll will be more beneficial because if I am out of a slow everytime I roll/FSK I will get some distance on them which will lead me to take less damage than I would have prevented in a 4s incap. Hope that makes sense, and when I take para glyph is like vs. Godcomp where freedom roll may help me get to my target better, but it won't help me live as much.

3. no

4. no

5. no (possibly in 6.1 but casting is really bad for ww since we still get pushed back, it can be kicked, and our haste is significantly lower than what it was in S15)

6. 4 set

7. I got like 2680 with WW DK Hpal, but so far those are really the only 2 viable comps I've played. Best healer is same as any class, resto druid.

8. I will end up getting R1 this season so I guess it is R1 viable, but only a few of the best WW's are going to get it this season, so if a monk didn't get it last season where it was infinitely easier, chances are they won't be getting it this season.

hope that helps

#268 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:04 AM

Thanks for your reply Balance, it was very helpful :)

I have a few remaining questions if It doesn't bother you :

1. What is the minimum amount of tigereye brew stacks required for decent burst ? Should I always wait for 10 stacks or can I do decent burst in the opener with only 5-6 stacks ?

2. Do you monitor and wait for your trinket proc before popping tigereye brew ? Do you always wait for your 1mn on use trinket before using tigereye brew ?

3. Is it wrong to macro xuen with tigereye brew ? When do you pop the pet ?

4. About burst, how do you burst ? Since FoF is the hardest hitting ability I guess it's something like pin down the target with leg sweep > consume brew stacks + on use trinket > FoF ?

5. Your thoughts about the hurricane strikes 25% dmg buff in 6.1 ? Will it become a thing ?

6. Will you use the returning minor blackout kick glyph in 6.1 ?

7. If I do 3s with a dk, should he go asphyxiate or chillblains ?

8. What are the viable 2s comps for ww ?

Regards.

Posted Image

#269 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:13 AM

View Postglonglon, on 25 January 2015 - 12:04 AM, said:

Thanks for your reply Balance, it was very helpful :)

I have a few remaining questions if It doesn't bother you :

1. What is the minimum amount of tigereye brew stacks required for decent burst ? Should I always wait for 10 stacks or can I do decent burst in the opener with only 5-6 stacks ?

2. Do you monitor and wait for your trinket proc before popping tigereye brew ? Do you always wait for your 1mn on use trinket before using tigereye brew ?

3. Is it wrong to macro xuen with tigereye brew ? When do you pop the pet ?

4. About burst, how do you burst ? Since FoF is the hardest hitting ability I guess it's something like pin down the target with leg sweep > consume brew stacks + on use trinket > FoF ?

5. Your thoughts about the hurricane strikes 25% dmg buff in 6.1 ? Will it become a thing ?

6. Will you use the returning minor blackout kick glyph in 6.1 ?

7. If I do 3s with a dk, should he go asphyxiate or chillblains ?

8. What are the viable 2s comps for ww ?

Regards.

1. 5-6 fine

2. nope

3. no, pop at start of game after CC goes out, macro pet move to do avoid CC breaks

4. do that

5. prob not

6. yes

7. it varies

8. priest ww rdruid ww

#270 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:17 AM

Thanks again for your reply :)

Very last questions about kill targets & comps strategy, what healers are viable kill targets in 3s for ww monks ? I guess It's good to tunnel rshams & disc priests until they die but I should avoid tunneling rdruids, mw monks & hpally ? Am I right ?

vs godcomp : I guess sp is the best kill target even if poly/clones are quite annoying. Am I right ?

vs rld/rls : I guess you train lock ? Are locks good targets to train this xpac ?

vs ret/hunt/disc : I think ret is the best kill target due to the way of how selfless healer works. Correct ?

vs rmp/rmd : Do you go for the enemy healer or the tanky mage ? Maybe try to catch the rogue offguard in a leg sweep with no feint buff up is a good idea ?

vs turbocleave (enhance/warrior/healer) : Do you train enhance even if they are tanky or do you go for the enemy healer ?

vs kfc : Are hunters viable kill targets with their strong selfheals and frozen ammo kiting or do you go for the enemy healer ?

vs tsg : Well dk & warriors are hard to kill, I guess your only hope of winning is to go for the enemy healer ? Am I right ? Must be tough :(

I promise I'll stop annoying you after that :)

Posted Image

#271 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:35 AM

View Postglonglon, on 25 January 2015 - 02:17 AM, said:

Thanks again for your reply :)

Very last questions about kill targets & comps strategy, what healers are viable kill targets in 3s for ww monks ? I guess It's good to tunnel rshams & disc priests until they die but I should avoid tunneling rdruids, mw monks & hpally ? Am I right ?

vs godcomp : I guess sp is the best kill target even if poly/clones are quite annoying. Am I right ?

vs rld/rls : I guess you train lock ? Are locks good targets to train this xpac ?

vs ret/hunt/disc : I think ret is the best kill target due to the way of how selfless healer works. Correct ?

vs rmp/rmd : Do you go for the enemy healer or the tanky mage ? Maybe try to catch the rogue offguard in a leg sweep with no feint buff up is a good idea ?

vs turbocleave (enhance/warrior/healer) : Do you train enhance even if they are tanky or do you go for the enemy healer ?

vs kfc : Are hunters viable kill targets with their strong selfheals and frozen ammo kiting or do you go for the enemy healer ?

vs tsg : Well dk & warriors are hard to kill, I guess your only hope of winning is to go for the enemy healer ? Am I right ? Must be tough :(

I promise I'll stop annoying you after that :)

for ww sp 90% of ur kills will be healers

for ww dk vs those

godcomp mostly priest

rld lock, swap to druid

rls shaman

ret hunt d- disc

rmp  - disc

rmd - mage rogue druid, swaps

kfc - if rsham kfc sham, if not hunter possible swaps to druid

tsg - healer :( ruff game

#272 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:52 PM

I see, thanks for your help :)

Posted Image

#273 MrSlammin

MrSlammin
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication

Posted Yesterday, 03:44 PM

With our 4piece being changed, do you think this will make our mastery become a more important stat?

#274 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance

Posted Yesterday, 09:34 PM

View PostMrSlammin, on 26 January 2015 - 03:44 PM, said:

With our 4piece being changed, do you think this will make our mastery become a more important stat?

No, mastery is so bad it's actually cringe worthy.

People just look at it as the whole number, 30-40% it is? Not sure.

But in reality, if we sacrifice all of our multistrike, crit, versa, etc. for it we are noticeably losing out on damage to gain what we essentially cannot see.

I'm not sure if these numbers are accurate or not but let's say if we did do that we'd gain 10% mastery. That means we would get 2 stacks instead of 1 every 10 times out of 100 we consume 4 chi, which is 1 out of 10 times we consume 4 chi, so let's clean this math up a bit.

1 extra stack per 40 chi.

40 chi is 20 jabs which we have to spend them on so add in like 15 blackout kicks / rising sun kicks and 5 tiger palms.

so that's 1 extra stack every 40 globals.

Compare that to the damage we lose and it is not worth it. ESPECIALLY since I believe our 4 set is going to be for the most part worthless.

Look back at your arena games and just think what percentage of the game did you actually have Tigereye Brew consumed. It will be low.

Now take that low number and think, when I consumed my Tigereye Brew, was I in need of help defensive wise? No.

Unless you are trying to go for counter pressure, when you consume Tigereye Brew it will be when you can safely go offensive, and that's not even taking into account that most of the time when you consume Tigereye Brew you will CC the other team or use your Leg Sweeps / Fists of Fury to stun them.

So when we actually have that damage reduction that we monks desperately need, we don't really need it.

That is why we will not take mastery, and that is why monks will still be the garbage's garbage in 6.1.

Hope I made that make sense.

#275 MrSlammin

MrSlammin
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication

Posted Today, 03:12 PM

on paper it actually looked like a possible second fortifying brewlike defensive but i didn't expect our mastery to be this bad.
such a shame, but thanks for the answer

#276 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted Today, 03:19 PM

Hello Balance,

I know you already told me that 2x1h is better than 2h but could you explain why ?

According to pveboyz, with the way of the monk passive change, 2h is 1-2% better than 2x1h at same ilvl.

The only advantage of 2x1h is the double enchants but is it enough to make a difference ?

Regards.

Posted Image

Creating and replying to topics is restricted until you link a Battle.net account with a valid World of Warcraft character.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

<