• Curse Sites
Help

How to Walk with the Wind (5.4.7)

Races Glyphs Talents Gemming Reforging and Professions Class Synergy and Addons Macros

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#141 Tapion

Tapion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

Sorry to ask this but i've been on a pve server playing with my wife and its not very easy to find opponents to really test with.  I want to know how much trouble should I be having killing a healer?  Like for example I ended up in a situation where I was trying to kill a mistweaver 1v1 and it was like mission impossible.  Is it really that difficult or am I doing something wrong?

I have been playing arena just for points with a shadow priest.  The priest said hes new to pvp and i'm ok with that but im confused on what I should be doing in comps with warrior & healers.  Warriors tear him apart something awful should I be dedicating more effort into attempting to keep a warrior off him?

#142 RippedLife

RippedLife
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2216
  • 3v3: 2226
  • 5v5: 1737
  • RBG: 958
  • LocationAustria

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:25 PM

mistweavers actually die really fast IMO cause they have no passive dmg reduc. just try to proc the stun passive and then restun with brew and enjoy your 110k chi burst into 100k FoF into 190k RSK

o wait forgot peels :c

I got Dragon Roar'd by a Warrior in Ashran and it knocked me through the floor then made me DC for 10 minutes.

I didn't submit a bug though, with the state of Warriors throughout MoP it wouldn't surprise me if it was intended.

#143 Tapion

Tapion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:57 PM

View PostRippedLife, on 24 April 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

mistweavers actually die really fast IMO cause they have no passive dmg reduc. just try to proc the stun passive and then restun with brew and enjoy your 110k chi burst into 100k FoF into 190k RSK

o wait forgot peels :c

Well they got that stun passive that you mentioned so first stun every 10 seconds they dont have to worry about,  they have their chi torpedo, they have their standard trinket, nimble brew for another stun breaker, life cacoon,  2 disarms, instant cc every 15 seconds.  Are you talking a 2+ person burst?  I'm talking about just me,  should I be able to kill a mistweaver healer by myself in a realstic time frame?

Edit: To clarify a little more i've basically been out of the pvp game since wotlk was introduced.  I considered druids to be a pain to kill in s4 but seems to be that most healers are a pain now.  I am pretty good at coming up with strategies myself but i'm having trouble measuring the scales of power since ive been gone for so long and dont have top players to duel against to get an idea of a classes capabilities.

#144 ninjagobear

ninjagobear
  • Members

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

Oh Great 1, more questions...

1) you think it'll be a good idea to have a mouse over macro for ToD? because it won't trigger unless it is useable right? so seems like the best way to use it especially for a novice like myself and maybe some high level players too.

2) sometimes but more often then i want, my ToK doesn't apply. im positive its off cooldown and im spamming the key but no work. maybe i have to be still? I dunno.

3) also i could swear my jabs just don't reach or don't connect often to certain classes. maybe i'm trying to be all fluid in moving like a ninja so i move out of range or maybe im not suppose to move and attack i dunno but i have new g600 mouse and mechanical keyboard and im like postiive im hitting buttons.

4) I feel like to break 1300 you have to be more then a casual arena gamer? all gear aside and great teammates i feel like what make you so good is you communicate and have a vast understanding of all classes. Is there anything you can think of that a novice like me should focus on to break 1600?

#145 Tapion

Tapion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:22 PM

View Postninjagobear, on 24 April 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

2) sometimes but more often then i want, my ToK doesn't apply. im positive its off cooldown and im spamming the key but no work. maybe i have to be still? I dunno.

I've actually had that happen 2-3 times to me, I thought it was just me screwing up some how but it does seem to only happen with ToK.  I have the glyph and they are within 20 yards of me.

#146 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance
  • 2v2: 2373
  • 3v3: 3017
  • 5v5: 2329
  • RBG: 2193

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

View Postninjagobear, on 24 April 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

Oh Great 1, more questions...

1) you think it'll be a good idea to have a mouse over macro for ToD? because it won't trigger unless it is useable right? so seems like the best way to use it especially for a novice like myself and maybe some high level players too.

3) also i could swear my jabs just don't reach or don't connect often to certain classes. maybe i'm trying to be all fluid in moving like a ninja so i move out of range or maybe im not suppose to move and attack i dunno but i have new g600 mouse and mechanical keyboard and im like postiive im hitting buttons.

4) I feel like to break 1300 you have to be more then a casual arena gamer? all gear aside and great teammates i feel like what make you so good is you communicate and have a vast understanding of all classes. Is there anything you can think of that a novice like me should focus on to break 1600?

Don't use mouseover touch of death, just use the macro I listed in the guide.

Make sure you are facing your target when using Touch of Karma, you need to be; in range, facing them, out of CC (excluding roots), and have them targeted.

Monks get hurt by lag pretty hard, if you're having trouble reaching someone make sure you have disable up and if you still have trouble just use the disable root to make them stop.

This is Mists of Pandaria, if you can do a lot if not maximum damage output you other skills can lack and you can still get a good rating. So just make sure you're doing a lot of damage and let that carry you to higher ratings.

#147 Darthgnoe

Darthgnoe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2415
  • 3v3: 2523
  • 5v5: 2040
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

View PostTapion, on 24 April 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:

Well they got that stun passive that you mentioned so first stun every 10 seconds they dont have to worry about,  they have their chi torpedo, they have their standard trinket, nimble brew for another stun breaker, life cacoon,  2 disarms, instant cc every 15 seconds.  Are you talking a 2+ person burst?  I'm talking about just me,  should I be able to kill a mistweaver healer by myself in a realstic time frame?

Edit: To clarify a little more i've basically been out of the pvp game since wotlk was introduced.  I considered druids to be a pain to kill in s4 but seems to be that most healers are a pain now.  I am pretty good at coming up with strategies myself but i'm having trouble measuring the scales of power since ive been gone for so long and dont have top players to duel against to get an idea of a classes capabilities.

You can solo mistweavers if they're unaware and don't use cds or of they waste them.

I do it like this, para into leg sweep, the time that demat procs I use to put up Rjw and stacks, Rsk chi wave into FoF and they die in that drd FoF without cds..

#148 Tapion

Tapion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:27 PM

I some how missed the chi brew part of the guide.  I boosted as a MW and used the wowhead talent calculator I didnt realize the tiger brew part of it until after a few battles vs other monks.  Its much easier now that I can dish out damage from the start.

#149 ninjagobear

ninjagobear
  • Members

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

what is the best way to fight a warrior? I can beat pretty much and warrior and dk in a duel rated less than 1800. But at 1800 i think i keep losing to them cause I can't get them below 30% health as well.

for example the warrior  their 1st move is to always charge and stun me then go all HAM on me. i try to paralysis them at the start so if they stun me they cant attack at least. if I don't pull that off i use my brew and i save my trinket for when they fear me. cause they'll fear me when i use karma. maybe i'm not disarming them fast enough? or maybe i'm applying disable at the wrong time because don't they have this immune shield thing where i cant do anything to them for like 6 seconds? they also have more stuns then i can break which is annoying.

in combat during a duel when is the best time to heal and not to heal and using your different types of brew? even in arena i always use my 2x chi brew right away to get some chi to get tiger palm and rsk debuff going. I try to save my FoF so i can chain it with my burst.

#150 shackalackin

shackalackin
  • Members

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

Definitely use Karma when he pops all his cd's, if he fears you you can either trinket it to stay offensive depending on the situation or you can sit there and eat it because his major offensive cd's will be going to waste too. If he opens with a charge-->stun-->ham mode then use your brew as opposed to your trinket so if he tries to restun or fear the duration will be diminished. In a duel I'd probably save disarm for when he pops retal (die by the sword, whatever) so you can hit him. Ideally you'll line up a stun at the end of the disarm duration. Also recommend starting the fight with 10stacks already, if everyone else gets to start a duel with full cd's I don't see why monks cant. Try to land kills in the usual leg sweep-->tiger eye--damage-->fists combo. Paralyze early so when you really need it later you'll have a real one (since they'll just berserk rage the first one you throw at them. Probably use your 20%dmg 20% life brew whenever you're taking damage but don't have karma available, just know that health is gonna drop off eventually so watch yourself. Healing just kind of depends on the situation. If you're losing or you won't be able to use any real cd's and the warrior doesn't have all his gap closers you might be able to kite away and get some heals off. Can always start a duel with your port down and throw three orbs on top of it so you can port and eat those at any point in the match when needed.

#151 Dendrophob

Dendrophob
  • Members
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

Good job, +rep

#152 caffetin

caffetin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1649
  • 3v3: 1836
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSerbia/Belgrade

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:48 PM

Realy nice guide, just got back after some time and lvling monk, real refreshment to the game.
Cornix cornici oculos non effodiet.
Twitch : http://www.twitch.tv/caffetine
Lizzard care (srb) : http://spinoses.wix....kaygeckobeograd

#153 Xiko

Xiko
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1472
  • 3v3: 1831

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:59 AM

roll & spinning fire blossom while selfhealing + maybe fists of fury glyphe,
thats it

#154 RippedLife

RippedLife
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationAustria

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:12 PM

in a priest/monk mirror match, who would you guys go for?

I got Dragon Roar'd by a Warrior in Ashran and it knocked me through the floor then made me DC for 10 minutes.

I didn't submit a bug though, with the state of Warriors throughout MoP it wouldn't surprise me if it was intended.

#155 Tapion

Tapion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:53 PM

Think i'd go for the monk,  I dont think the monk would allow me to kill the priest.

#156 shackalackin

shackalackin
  • Members

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:08 PM

I prefer going for the priest because monk vs monk with healer battles is kinda lame. Extremely rng fights (who parries what) and if the healer ends up being cc'ed then it's pretty easy for a monk to run away (even from another monk) as long as they save at least trinket or brew to get out of a stun. But like the previous dude said, it seems like most monks I run into are perfectly content on sitting me the entire time practically forcing you to sit them in return.

#157 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance
  • 2v2: 2373
  • 3v3: 3017
  • 5v5: 2329
  • RBG: 2193

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:06 AM

I always try to see if the other monk is okay with a healer training battle, but if they're being gay and sitting on you, you don't really have a choice other than to go monk, you could try priest again when dampening is in but yeah.

#158 shackalackin

shackalackin
  • Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:05 AM

Something I've been asking myself lately: so for my burst in 2's I do the whole leg sweep-->FoF stun lock thing with some kicks and whatnot in between/after. What I'm curious about though is when I initially pop my brews I RJW and then chi wave prior to the leg sweep. I figure the RJW should definitely be a part of this burst phase (even occasionally throwing out a second one prior to FoF), but with the brew damage modifier do you think it's worth the extra global to hit chi wave? When you're up close it definitely bounces back and forth/ends pretty quick, but I've never paid a ton of attention to just how hard it hits on pvp targets. Using that extra global prior to leg sweeping also occasionally screws me in that it gives the target that same amount of time to gap the leg sweep or hit me with a cc.

Thoughts, Balance? Maybe just use chi wave with brews for the extra healing when also needed?

#159 RippedLife

RippedLife
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationAustria

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:07 AM

afaik it benefits from the brew effect so it is worth kinda? guess it also depends on the situation (how much energy/chi you already have).

#160 Tapion

Tapion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:21 AM

I use chiwave in my kill combo....what else do you use in those 5 seconds?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

<