• Curse Sites
Help

How to Walk with the Wind (5.4.7)

Races Glyphs Talents Gemming Reforging and Professions Class Synergy and Addons Macros

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#141 Tapion

Tapion
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted Yesterday, 11:10 AM

Sorry to ask this but i've been on a pve server playing with my wife and its not very easy to find opponents to really test with.  I want to know how much trouble should I be having killing a healer?  Like for example I ended up in a situation where I was trying to kill a mistweaver 1v1 and it was like mission impossible.  Is it really that difficult or am I doing something wrong?

I have been playing arena just for points with a shadow priest.  The priest said hes new to pvp and i'm ok with that but im confused on what I should be doing in comps with warrior & healers.  Warriors tear him apart something awful should I be dedicating more effort into attempting to keep a warrior off him?

#142 RippedLife

RippedLife
  • Members

Posted Yesterday, 12:25 PM

mistweavers actually die really fast IMO cause they have no passive dmg reduc. just try to proc the stun passive and then restun with brew and enjoy your 110k chi burst into 100k FoF into 190k RSK

o wait forgot peels :c

#143 Tapion

Tapion
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted Yesterday, 12:57 PM

View PostRippedLife, on 24 April 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

mistweavers actually die really fast IMO cause they have no passive dmg reduc. just try to proc the stun passive and then restun with brew and enjoy your 110k chi burst into 100k FoF into 190k RSK

o wait forgot peels :c

Well they got that stun passive that you mentioned so first stun every 10 seconds they dont have to worry about,  they have their chi torpedo, they have their standard trinket, nimble brew for another stun breaker, life cacoon,  2 disarms, instant cc every 15 seconds.  Are you talking a 2+ person burst?  I'm talking about just me,  should I be able to kill a mistweaver healer by myself in a realstic time frame?

Edit: To clarify a little more i've basically been out of the pvp game since wotlk was introduced.  I considered druids to be a pain to kill in s4 but seems to be that most healers are a pain now.  I am pretty good at coming up with strategies myself but i'm having trouble measuring the scales of power since ive been gone for so long and dont have top players to duel against to get an idea of a classes capabilities.

#144 ninjagobear

ninjagobear
  • Members

Posted Yesterday, 08:14 PM

Oh Great 1, more questions...

1) you think it'll be a good idea to have a mouse over macro for ToD? because it won't trigger unless it is useable right? so seems like the best way to use it especially for a novice like myself and maybe some high level players too.

2) sometimes but more often then i want, my ToK doesn't apply. im positive its off cooldown and im spamming the key but no work. maybe i have to be still? I dunno.

3) also i could swear my jabs just don't reach or don't connect often to certain classes. maybe i'm trying to be all fluid in moving like a ninja so i move out of range or maybe im not suppose to move and attack i dunno but i have new g600 mouse and mechanical keyboard and im like postiive im hitting buttons.

4) I feel like to break 1300 you have to be more then a casual arena gamer? all gear aside and great teammates i feel like what make you so good is you communicate and have a vast understanding of all classes. Is there anything you can think of that a novice like me should focus on to break 1600?

#145 Tapion

Tapion
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted Yesterday, 08:22 PM

View Postninjagobear, on 24 April 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

2) sometimes but more often then i want, my ToK doesn't apply. im positive its off cooldown and im spamming the key but no work. maybe i have to be still? I dunno.

I've actually had that happen 2-3 times to me, I thought it was just me screwing up some how but it does seem to only happen with ToK.  I have the glyph and they are within 20 yards of me.

#146 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2017
  • 3v3: 2594
  • 5v5: 2061
  • RBG: 1956

Posted Yesterday, 09:37 PM

View Postninjagobear, on 24 April 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

Oh Great 1, more questions...

1) you think it'll be a good idea to have a mouse over macro for ToD? because it won't trigger unless it is useable right? so seems like the best way to use it especially for a novice like myself and maybe some high level players too.

3) also i could swear my jabs just don't reach or don't connect often to certain classes. maybe i'm trying to be all fluid in moving like a ninja so i move out of range or maybe im not suppose to move and attack i dunno but i have new g600 mouse and mechanical keyboard and im like postiive im hitting buttons.

4) I feel like to break 1300 you have to be more then a casual arena gamer? all gear aside and great teammates i feel like what make you so good is you communicate and have a vast understanding of all classes. Is there anything you can think of that a novice like me should focus on to break 1600?

Don't use mouseover touch of death, just use the macro I listed in the guide.

Make sure you are facing your target when using Touch of Karma, you need to be; in range, facing them, out of CC (excluding roots), and have them targeted.

Monks get hurt by lag pretty hard, if you're having trouble reaching someone make sure you have disable up and if you still have trouble just use the disable root to make them stop.

This is Mists of Pandaria, if you can do a lot if not maximum damage output you other skills can lack and you can still get a good rating. So just make sure you're doing a lot of damage and let that carry you to higher ratings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<