aiba
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2428

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:30 PM

Warrior: Posted Image Shield Wall and Posted Image Spell Reflection no longer require shields.
Hamstring off gcd.

full notes:
http://www.wowhead.c...dated-june-20th

Edited by aiba, 20 June 2013 - 11:32 PM.

#2 Manakuski

Manakuski
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1940
  • 3v3: 2109

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

Changes we've long awaited. We still need more utility though.

#3 Badzurem

Badzurem
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1144

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:58 AM

time to test thunderclap damage

#4 Fatbelly

Fatbelly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 2008
  • 3v3: 2579
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2091

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

View PostManakuski, on 20 June 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

Your for dumbing down the game? RIP changing stances 2013
www.twitch.tv/fatbellyx/old

#5 Oakenwynd

Oakenwynd
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Protection 0/1/2/1/1/2

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:06 AM

View PostManakuski, on 20 June 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

#6 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:13 AM

View PostFatbelly, on 21 June 2013 - 04:00 AM, said:

Your for dumbing down the game? RIP changing stances 2013
Yes it is considered dumbing down the game when instead of pressing the ability itself you have to press a macro that activates it.

Very skillful.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#7 Drevi

Drevi
  • Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:33 AM

View PostBraindance, on 21 June 2013 - 04:13 AM, said:

Yes it is considered dumbing down the game when instead of pressing the ability itself you have to press a macro that activates it.

Very skillful.

Pressing the skill 1 time = dumb
Pressing 1 time to weapon swap then another time to activate = skill

#8 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:45 AM

View PostDrevi, on 21 June 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

Pressing the skill 1 time = dumb
Pressing 1 time to weapon swap then another time to activate = skill
Huge skill man. Same thing as pressing MS twice instead of once

wow

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#9 dRUSERN

dRUSERN
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

I agree with both of you. More engaging, skillful shield play would be awesome! sad to "move away" from that.

at the same time the current shieldplay is not engaging, skillful, it's nothing else than in the way of playing basicly

#10 Vexxius

Vexxius
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1692
  • 3v3: 2432
  • RBG: 383
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

Jizzed in my pants. Just a little bit.

#11 Doctor M

Doctor M
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/0/1/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 2087
  • 3v3: 2535
  • 5v5: 2218
  • RBG: 2308

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:40 PM

The thunderclap buff: 50% increased damage and the 50% damage and cooldown increase glyph might come in handy, can someone on PTR try it out and maybe print some results on PvP targets.

Pretty please ;)

View PostEsiwdeer, on 29 June 2014 - 10:58 PM, said:

But look how fucking dumb it was like, a bot could Drain Mana just like a bot could play Hunter ATM.

#12 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 384

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

View PostDoctor M, on 21 June 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

The thunderclap buff: 50% increased damage and the 50% damage and cooldown increase glyph might come in handy, can someone on PTR try it out and maybe print some results on PvP targets.

Pretty please ;)

Sadly, these changes are not on the current PTR build. So will have to wait for the next one(hopefully). But with the rage reduction as well, and if you use the glyph, it should be quite a good option to use on CD/spread bleeds constantly(it should hit decently harder than an OP on a crit). There is also the buff to Sweeping Strikes... Which is actually quite big. Warriors could have potentially fairly good spread/cleave pressure next patch. I like it.

As for all the other changes, they are amazing. Very nice QoL stuff. And Reposte will add a negative to just training the warrior 100%(assuming it isn't just protection spec only. Doesn't seem like it in the most recent notes). And the hamstring change is amazing. Absolutely amazing.
Posted Image
All credit goes to Beldam for this (amazing) meme.

#13 Euerfeldi

Euerfeldi
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Norgannon
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/2/1/0

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

Riposte will be added only for tankspeccs :/
But overall awesome changes.

#14 Badzurem

Badzurem
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1144

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostEuerfeldi, on 21 June 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

Riposte will be added only for tankspeccs :/
But overall awesome changes.

I don't think that's true. It got moved from protection in earlier patch notes, to general.

#15 kazuhmeer

kazuhmeer
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2148
  • RBG: 1849

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:46 PM

warriors were already the easiest class to play in the entire game, now its just being dumbed down EVEN MORE.  

the ability literally has SHIELD in the fucking name, SHIELD WALL?  how does that work without a shield?

this stupid ass homogenization of classes is pathetic.  

i could kind of deal with stance dancing dieeing (not really im still mad about it) but this so stupid.  abilities off the gcd just lower the skill cap even more, and i guess writing reflect macros is to hard so idiots like braindance complain nonstop and dumb down warriors even more then they are.

in the same token shields dont actually do anything, i dont think armor is even a stat anymore.  you would think with how much sword/board handicaps warriors from playing the game at all while trained they would take almost no damage, but it just isnt the case.  

this class is fucking dead.  i have more fun on my mage at 2.2k dieing to hunters and ele's then playing this stupid shit.

#16 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 384

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:00 AM

View Postkazuhmeer, on 21 June 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

warriors were already the easiest class to play in the entire game, now its just being dumbed down EVEN MORE.  

the ability literally has SHIELD in the fucking name, SHIELD WALL?  how does that work without a shield?

i could kind of deal with stance dancing dieeing (not really im still mad about it) but this so stupid.  abilities off the gcd just lower the skill cap even more, and i guess writing reflect macros is to hard so idiots like braindance complain nonstop and dumb down warriors even more then they are.

in the same token shields dont actually do anything, i dont think armor is even a stat anymore.  you would think with how much sword/board handicaps warriors from playing the game at all while trained they would take almost no damage, but it just isnt the case.  

this class is fucking dead.  i have more fun on my mage at 2.2k dieing to hunters and ele's then playing this stupid shit.

I can't tell if you're serious or...

Shields add nothing to the class. Absolutely nothing. It's a cool idea, and worked when we had other abilities that could be used with shields, but that is no longer the case.

As well, I don't think you thought out this post(obv it's a rage post) if you think removing the shield requirement "dumbs" down the class. The only thing they do is cause loss of rage(reset swing timers when swapping), lowers our damage by a HUGE amount and adds clunky-ness to the class. Do you really think having a macro that swaps to a B&S when you press SW or SR adds to the class? You don't even think about the weapon swap. It just happens.

In order for shields to work and not just hold the class back they would have to be redesigned for specs that need to swap to them(kind of like blizzards most recent idea about them). Which isn't likely going to happen before a new xpac.

I also kind of disagree about Stance Dancing. It's still in the game... you just do it less and it's for a damage bonus or a damage reduction(try making use of Zerker Stance..it's actually quite good).

Edited by Deonto, 22 June 2013 - 02:07 AM.

Posted Image
All credit goes to Beldam for this (amazing) meme.

#17 Drevi

Drevi
  • Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:20 AM

Anyone calling the reflec/wall changes "dumbing down the class" doesn't understand the difference between real sword and board gameplay that died in cataclysm (sblock, sslam dispels, revenge spam) and having a skill that you need to macro and press twice to activate.

The same goes for stance dance. Real stance dance is changing stances because of the situation, not pressing disarm button twice before it goes off.  

Unless creating (or googling) a macro is something you consider skill. Then yeah, RIP warrior skill this class is dumb  /cancelsub

#18 dRUSERN

dRUSERN
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

I get what you are saying, but it's either this, or nothing until det next expansion pack. These are bandaids until they do something next expansion pack or something I guess, and it is fixing some broken shit (but I agree, in the wrong way in the long run).

I will take it.

#19 Durial

Durial
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:
  • LocationEngland, London

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

There's an animation of a few shields which animate around your body when activating shield wall. It's a mythological world, so when shield wall is activated without a shield, you can pretend that the animation of the shields are in fact the reason as to why we take reduced less damage! Yey, go imagination :D  

But then where the fuck is the wall? We must equip wall to use ability too :s

How to shield wall without wall ???

I guess you're right, I can't get past this one

Edited by Durial, 22 June 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#20 KyrpyoSwag

KyrpyoSwag
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/1/2

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

love these changes, even though they are making warriors more ezmode,
try reflecting a poly/hex out of other cc with 230ms
australia ftw

0 user(s) are reading this topic