amaixliu
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/1/1/0/2

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

View PostHofflerand, on 20 June 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

What does nature spell even mean? Is the debuff being changed from physical to poison instead of magic, or what?
it's being changed from physical to nature, which IS a type of magic, meaning it'll be dispellable

Is an extra BM every 5 min that large a DPS increase in PvE?
yes it is, you line it up with rabid aand your rppm trinkets and shit and it is a pretty big DPS increase

#22 Sabyth

Sabyth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Uldaman
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:43 PM

What does nature spell even mean? Is the debuff being changed from physical to poison instead of magic, or what?

Is an extra BM every 5 min that large a DPS increase in PvE?
Yeah, it's probably dispellable now. And it's not just an extra BM every 5 min. PvE players see it as 20 seconds of BM which fits nicely into proc trinkets, pre-pot, Heroism, etc. so it's a decent nerf.

#23 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

Still think the biggest issue with hunter damage is not the amount but that it's incredibly hard to avoid. MM actually hits harder than BM outside of Stampede (not sure after the hotfix about Stampede) but as the Hunter and not the pet does the damage it's easier to LoS it. So this is a very good change and most hunters probably enjoy playing MM over BM anyways. With the damage buffs however MM will hit very hard and as Woundman said MM + combat rogue (even with KS nerfs) will be very strong due to the Aimed Shot +  Tricks + PotW into KS + Blades burst will force a lot of cds or kill low armor targets if Combat Insight is at three stacks.

Woundman has some really good ideas about rogue changes and I hope to see them public soon.

#24 Miluu

Miluu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2501
  • 3v3: 2400
  • RBG: 2178

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

holy shield baseline for hpallys as well. :) healing still sucks

#25 Hofflerand

Hofflerand
  • Junkies
  • LocationNY

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:13 AM

View Postamaixliu, on 20 June 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

it's being changed from physical to nature, which IS a type of magic, meaning it'll be dispellable
Yea, it just sounds odd to me because there's no reason to say nature. It's not as if you can lock a hunter out of his nature school. I'm sure you guys are right and the root is simply being changed to a magic debuff.

View PostSabyth, on 20 June 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

And it's not just an extra BM every 5 min. PvE players see it as 20 seconds of BM which fits nicely into proc trinkets, pre-pot, Heroism, etc. so it's a decent nerf.
That's true.

#26 amaixliu

amaixliu
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:43 AM

View PostHofflerand, on 21 June 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

Yea, it just sounds odd to me because there's no reason to say nature. It's not as if you can lock a hunter out of his nature school. I'm sure you guys are right and the root is simply being changed to a magic debuff.
doesn't have anything to do with lockouts since it's not a cast, it just means that when a debuff is not physical, then it belongs to a school of magic, and nature makes the most sense here

it's along the same lines as serpent sting doing nature damage so its debuff belongs to nature

#27 Hofflerand

Hofflerand
  • Junkies
  • LocationNY

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:03 AM

View Postamaixliu, on 21 June 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

doesn't have anything to do with lockouts since it's not a cast, it just means that when a debuff is not physical, then it belongs to a school of magic, and nature makes the most sense here

it's along the same lines as serpent sting doing nature damage so its debuff belongs to nature
Serpent Sting does nature damage and is a poison debuff rather than a magic debuff. Often when a spell school is nature its dispel type is poison. That said, this isn't important in the grand scheme of things and I agree it'd make more sense if the root turns out to be a magic debuff -- then all healers could choose to dispel it.

Edited by Hofflerand, 21 June 2013 - 10:08 AM.

#28 amaixliu

amaixliu
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:07 AM

oh yeah you're right

sorry i don't know what i was thinking

i'm still pretty sure it'll be a magic debuff though

#29 Enyalius

Enyalius
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/1
  • LocationNORWAY YO

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:14 AM

View PostBraindance, on 20 June 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

• Shield Wall no longer requires a shield. If the Warrior does not have a shield equipped, it will show a visual of an equipped shield.      
  • Spell Reflection no longer requires a shield. If the Warrior does not have a shield equipped, it will show a visual of an equipped shield.

• Hamstring is no longer on a global cooldown.

These doesnt work for me on the PTR atm. Logged off 2 hrs ago. Did it just happen or?

/^^^^^^\

<(õ_õ)>

./|\.

/\

#30 amaixliu

amaixliu
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:22 AM

yes those notes literally just came out an hour or two ago, so the PTR hasn't been updated for them yet

#31 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

View PostEnyalius, on 21 June 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

These doesnt work for me on the PTR atm. Logged off 2 hrs ago. Did it just happen or?
Not sure - will be up soon I guess.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#32 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:47 AM

View PostHofflerand, on 21 June 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

It's not as if you can lock a hunter out of his nature school.

Scare Beast and Revive Pet are both nature and interrupting either will lock out the Hunter's nature school.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#33 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1740

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:54 AM

Wooo I can finally cast cyclone again! Only took them a couple of years to do what every feral was telling them.
Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#34 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 1910

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:09 AM

View PostPitiless, on 20 June 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

Overall, really good changes.  The gateway debuff going from 15s to 60s seems kind of drastic though.  At 15s it's spammed too much, but I think straight up quadrupling it is too much in the other direction.  Maybe make it 30 or 40s.

Edit: Pure DPS classes are balanced around their best spec, sorry.  You don't see arcane mages complain when they get indirectly nerfed because frost got nerfed, and you don't see combat rogues complaining when they get indirectly nerfed because subt got nerfed.  MM isn't special.

Virtually no competitive Hunter want BM to be our "best" spec. Besides, where is it written that pure classes aren't allowed to have more than 1 viable playstyle?

But its fine as long as Shamans have 3 god tier specs everyone else can diaf right?

Edited by GrieverZ, 21 June 2013 - 02:10 AM.

#35 Mazdak

Mazdak
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Shattrath
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:35 AM

View PostGrieverZ, on 21 June 2013 - 02:09 AM, said:

Virtually no competitive Hunter want BM to be our "best" spec. Besides, where is it written that pure classes aren't allowed to have more than 1 viable playstyle?

But its fine as long as Shamans have 3 god tier specs everyone else can diaf right?

Veev surely enjoys playing BM.

#36 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 1910

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:40 AM

View PostMazdak, on 21 June 2013 - 02:35 AM, said:

Veev surely enjoys playing BM.

Veev rerolls whatever is top dog because he's the kind of player that can learn to play anything at a top level on a whim. He's not specifically a Hunter.

Willing to bet next patch he dumps it for whatever is top dog.

Edited by GrieverZ, 21 June 2013 - 02:41 AM.

#37 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:50 AM

View PostPitiless, on 20 June 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

Edit: Pure DPS classes are balanced around their best spec, sorry.  You don't see arcane mages complain when they get indirectly nerfed because frost got nerfed, and you don't see combat rogues complaining when they get indirectly nerfed because subt got nerfed.  MM isn't special.

Yea, but BM isn't supposed to be the PVP spec. How many mages would whine if Fire became the best spec in PVP and Blizz refused to buff Frost because they have the option of going Fire? How many rogues if combat was the best spec and sub sucked (this has happened - and they always whine until sub is back to being good in PVP)?

How many Warlocks would whine if Demo was the way to go in PVP and aff/destro sucked?
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#38 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:43 AM

View Postfant0m8, on 21 June 2013 - 02:50 AM, said:

How many Warlocks would whine if Demo was the way to go in PVP and aff/destro sucked?
This already happened, you know.

Pretty much the reason I didn't play the game between 5.0 and 5.3. But many others did.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#39 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

View PostWildeHilde, on 20 June 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

MM actually hits harder than BM outside of Stampede
???

Please don't comment on stuff you got no clue about, 1900 rated content editor. Ty.

Or did Woundman tell you this?? or

Posted Image

#40 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostBraindance, on 20 June 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

• Shadowform now increases the Priest's armor by 60%

Posted Image

Is that a joke? Roughly 6-8% dmg decrease (assuming no armor pen ability like colossus smash or find weakness) which doesn't even affect spells, bleeds or 90% of DK damage is the compensation for losing the 15% damage reduction on shadow form? Surely there are more changes incoming, because if that's the only defensive change coming to shadow priests, then you'll never see a shadow priest in arena again.

Armor in general has been a joke since cata because pretty much every physical damage class either has armor penetration abilities or has 50% of the damage with spells/bleeds anyway.

Edited by Virent, 21 June 2013 - 08:52 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<