• EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2064
  • 3v3: 2084
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1948

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

Another reason to remove frostbolt from action bars lol.

#62 Burnthewitch

Burnthewitch
  • Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

I've heard alot of talk about this being a PvE change, but the sad thruth is that PvE mages won't feel a thing since mastery most of the time only benefits their procs. Makes sense since you can't exactly Petfreeze a boss.
This is a direct hit to frost PVP and to the only thing that makes the class a little fun to play, those short burst windows. I doubt there will be compensation elsewhere, and Holinka is already on twitter defending the change in his usual sly politician style where he doesn't actually answer the questions, but makes it look like he does. This change will likely go live with few or no changes and it will be the end of frost as a competitive spec. Start watching some Spoils vids.

#63 Numbtoes

Numbtoes
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:13 AM

Move some frost mage control to arcane. Arcane seems more fun to play atm anyway.

#64 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:17 AM

View PostNumbtoes, on 21 June 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

Move some frost mage control to arcane. Arcane seems more fun to play atm anyway.

What control are you talking about? Only difference in control between Frost and Arcane is Petnova for Frost and Slow for Arcane..
www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2055
  • 3v3: 2436

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:30 AM

View PostCrawthz, on 21 June 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

What control are you talking about? Only difference in control between Frost and Arcane is Petnova for Frost and Slow for Arcane..
idd,frost has 1 more nova from pet and thats it.

#66 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:03 AM

i honestly would not even put it passed blizzard to buff our water ele damage so that it basically becomes BM for mages .. our ele probably gets a new cooldown called Tidal Rush or something insane and it just has 30 seconds of Waves that drown all enemies in a 40 yard range doing 35k a second for 15 seconds - the last 15 seconds you get a debuff like "Frost Within" that slowly ticks down slowing you and freezing you in place after 15 seconds - mage ice lance now shatters the target instantly killing them when Frost Within is complete.

heard it here  first.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#67 Maticzor

Maticzor
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Skullcrusher
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:20 AM

non FoF icelance already hits for 30k'ish and everyone is running around with 400k if not 500k hp, so after this nerf it will hit for what? 15k? Do they even see the numbers before deciding to change something? Its either over nerf to the ground or make the spec OP. Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

the mastery change is live on ptr, has anybody tested it?If so, how does it look like?

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

Ok i logged on ptr and tested it couple of mins ago.Heres the numbers:
lance on frozen targets : 23k-25k
bomb on frozen targets: 65k-70k
frostbolt on frozen targets: 28k-30k
Frostbomb is fine since they buffed it the previous night even tho everybody plays with living bomb.
I had 0 proccs up when i did the testing.There is absolutely no point in having frostbolt in ur bars, like none+u do shit dmg when target is deeped, i guess that was the point of that nerf.

#70 Aeral

Aeral
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1699
  • 3v3: 1554

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

I'm pretty sure they're doing this because of that next tier set bonus (if it goes through), since frost mages are a bit behind afaik. pve>pvp as always

#71 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

View PostAeral, on 21 June 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure they're doing this because of that next tier set bonus (if it goes through), since frost mages are a bit behind afaik. pve>pvp as always

This change doesn't affect PvE at all...

#72 Alisea

Alisea
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmourne
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

im fucking impressed how dumb people are who call this new mastery thing a PVE concerned change....

zzziiiiiiiGGGGGGGGGGGGiiiiiiiiiii

they most likely havent done any pve content so far. there are a few encounters where add's running around which arent completely immune to every CC (includes petnova :X) ... means you usually wont have any "frozen targets" in a pve environment

once and for all, this change affects the PVP frostmage, noone else

Edited by Alisea, 21 June 2013 - 09:42 AM.

#73 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

Not sure if they nerfed the mastery to dogshit levels now

Original:
Mastery: Frostburn no longer gives bonus damage to all spells against frozen targets. Now Fingers of Frost now increases the damage of Ice Lance by an additional 16%, and Brain Freeze increases the damage of the instant Frostfire Bolt by 16%

New:
Mastery: Frostburn has been redesigned. Fingers of Frost now increases the damage of Ice Lance by an additional 2%, Brain Freeze increases the damage of the instant cast Frostfire Bolt by 2%, and damage done by the Mage's Water Elemental is increased by 2%.

#74 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

It's really frustrating that blizzard cannot actually bandaid any of their mistakes in mop without completely gutting something and the fun of it.

I'm gonna go get good at fire or arcane, frost isn't ever going to feel good again, WOTLK frost was the best. Cata was actually kinda fun too cause you could actually fucking kite something. Idk if any player notices this but your uptime on a mage is disgustingly high as a melee and every melee but DKs have a way out of novas (rogues to a lesser extent).

They say that they wanted to promote casting but they removed Early Frost from the game after cata and they continue to promote procs.

Edited by pyrellael_3428244, 21 June 2013 - 11:27 AM.

#75 Maticzor

Maticzor
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Skullcrusher
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

yep, just tested on ptr as well, frost damage is garbage outside procs, there is no point in having frostbolt on your bars, it actually does worse dmg than 5.1 frostbolts.

Edited by Maticzor, 21 June 2013 - 12:50 PM.

#76 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostMaticzor, on 21 June 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

yep, just tested on ptr as well, frost damage is garbage outside procs, there is no point in having frostbolt on your bars, it actually does worse dmg than 5.1 frostbolts.
if they want to turn us into weaker and less durable elemental shamans then i doubt theres much we can do to stop it, they have been slowly sucking the fun out of the mage class since wotlk to make the class easier to play for shitter players at the expense of those who enjoyed the wotlk playstyle

parts of mop was a step in the right direction from cata, moving us back to having to cast in most situations to do damage, and this change just completly fucks all that and makes stacking mastery and doing nothing but spam instants all day the best option

ill go out on a limb and say that now, mage damage is retarded in two situations only. when the mage has all procs and buffs up, and when the mage is playing with a shaman so all their burst does 10% more damage. adjusting how this massive damage buff interacts with players in an arena/rbg situation would be a far better fix for mages without completely gutting the setup cast time spell aspect of the class, but then 2k rated ele mage x comps might not be able to global stuff all the way to 2.4k, so that change just wouldnt do would it

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 21 June 2013 - 08:47 PM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#77 Numbtoes

Numbtoes
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

View PostCrawthz, on 21 June 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

FoF is huge imo. Being able to get deeps of reliably without your target being frozen would be nice. Maybe not fingers of frost , but some other mechanic that could work the same way.

#78 hyponikz

hyponikz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

So happy I leveled my feral druid and hunter.  Almost certain I won't be playing my mage in 5.4.
  hyponikzbebe/hyponikzbbjr/torquishaxo
Posted Image

#79 Vhyro

Vhyro
  • Vhyro
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/2/1
  • LocationOntario

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

Fuck, Mages need to be good so I can do RMP in 5.4.

Cmon Blizz!
*Temp*

-- Warlock -- Monk --

#80 Spinmove

Spinmove

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:48 AM

It says Frostburn has now been "redesigned". What does this mean exactly?

Does anyone know how they "redesigned" our mastery?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<