• Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/0/2/1

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

Posted Image
Monk
Talents
  • Chi Brew will now also generate stacks of Brew/Teas based on the Monk's specialization.
    • Brewmaster: 10 stacks of Elusive Brew
    • Mistweaver: 3 stacks of Mana Tea
    • Windwalker: 3 stacks of Tigereye Brew
  • Healing Elixirs will no longer activate if the Monk is already at full health, and activate automatically when the Monk has less than 35% of their maximum health.
  • Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger now has a pet control bar for Xuen, and the talent is no longer on global cooldown for all Monk specializations. summoned version of Xuen will no longer taunt off players that are tank-specialized.
    • Brewmaster Monks now gain Vengeance when Xuen takes damage.
  • Power Strikes will now activate from the following Chi generating abilities; Jab, Expel Harm, Spinning Crane Kick (when it hits at least 3 targets), Keg Smash, Crackling Jade Lightning, and Soothing Mist.
  • Ring of Peace has a new visual effect that properly depicts its area-of-effect, and now disarms both enemies and those attacking allies within the Ring of Peace's area-of-effect for 4 seconds (up from 3 seconds); the silence effect for casting spells remains unchanged at 3 seconds.
Glyphs
  • Glyph of Afterlife now increases the chance to summon a Healing Sphere by 100% (up from 25% chance).
Windwalker
  • Mastery: Bottled Fury has been redesigned. The Mastery now gives a chance to generate an additional charge of Tigereye Brew when the Monk gains one normally.
  • Tigereye Brew received a number of adjustments.
    • Stacks up to 30 charges (up from 20 charges).
    • Can be consumed 15 at a time (up from 10 at a time).
    • Increases damage by 6% per stack, (up from 1%  per stack) but is no longer increased by Mastery.
    • The Monk gains 1 Charge is Tigers eye brew for every 3 chi spent
    • Added new Glyphs (Note: These are not yet implemented on the PTR)

• Glyph of Detox (NYI) - Detox heals your target for 0% when it successfully removes a harmful effect.
    • Glyph of Expel Harm (NYI) - Expel Harm can now be used on other players
    • Glyph of Fortuitous Spheres (NYI) - Falling below 0% health will automatically summon a healing sphere near you at no cost. This effect cannot occur more often than once every 0 seconds.
    • Glyph of Nimble Brew (NYI) - Clearing an effect with Nimble Brew heals you for 0% of your maximum health.
    • Glyph of Rapid Rolling - For 5 sec seconds after using Roll or Chi Torpedo, your next Roll or Chi Torpedo will go 30% farther.

• Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1750
  • RBG: 192

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:15 AM

not sure if the new chi brew change is worth using because we will give up ascension and that means we will lose some overall dps and the question is if Chi brew is strong enough to fill that DPS loss. Not only is it a DPS loss, but it will also make us generate less energy for healing spheres and expel harm in ohshit situations. Cant wait to test it on PTR.

#3 Athená

Athená
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2352
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:38 AM

Probably intended as a ng for monks.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

#4 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Premium Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2313
  • 3v3: 3017
  • 5v5: 2329
  • RBG: 2193

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:56 AM

Ring of peace looks viable against casters now, better than leg sweep that is, against melee with the wep chain I don't think its worth it unless they remove the weapon chain effect off the ring of peace disarm = /

Silence: 4 + 2 + 1 = 7s max
Disarm w/ Chain: 2 + 1 + .5 = 3.5 max, less than our normal disarm + makes them immune or DR'd to our normal disarm, not worth it against melee teams imo.

edit: jk they reverted silence back to 3s, keep on stunning.

Edited by BalanceRexxar, 30 June 2013 - 03:06 AM.

#5 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447
  • RBG: 960

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

Been testing out Chi Brew stacking full haste and mastery on PTR and its a pretty nice build, good sustained damage and you can burst alot more often, that instant 4 chi in the opener is nice against dks/wars that like to parry everything.

Don't think its better than the current Ascension build though.

The healing elixirs only procs at 35% if you have the buff up so you have to manage it pretty carefully

The new ring of peace animation is a clusterfuck and I don't like it at all
Posted Image

#6 Calmdownbro

Calmdownbro
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:31 AM

Updated with the latest changes. Interesting they added healing to tigers brew.

#7 Calmdownbro

Calmdownbro
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:27 AM

Updated with the July 8th Official Notes.

#8 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:02 AM

View PostCalmdownbro, on 19 June 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

July 8th PTR Notes Update.
  • Mastery: Bottled Fury has been redesigned. The Mastery now gives a chance to generate an additional charge of Tigereye Brew when the Monk gains one normally.
    • Increases damage by 5% per stack, (up from 1%  per stack) but is no longer increased by Mastery.
    • The Monk gains 1 charge of Tigereye Brew for every 4 Chi spent (down from 1 charge per 3 Chi spent).

Not sure how I feel about this, depending on the amount of baseline mastery we get for this and how well it scales this is a gigantic buff to burst, but if it makes us prioritize stacking mastery over crit it is a nerf to consistent damage.

This will also make the new Chi Brew appealing

Also, 75% damage increase at 15 stacks seems like a bit much, that is a ton of fucking burst and if RSK crits with a trinket proc and 15 stacks it's pretty much game over for the poor bastard that gets hit by it. 15 stack single target Fist of Fury will also pretty much 100-0 someone. made me think of Killing spree as soon as I thought of this

Edited by Marshmellow, 09 July 2013 - 03:02 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Payback

Payback
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1904

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:29 AM

as someone leveling a monk, im trying to understand this. So basically, mastery no longer increases the damage of tiger eye brew, but instead makes it so you can generate an additional tiger eye brew and the damage is now 75% baseline? so this means less ramp up time and more damage?
My list of TOP WoW PVPERs atm
1. Swifty
2. xaryu
3. Clinda
4. Mitchjones

5. Reckful

#10 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

View PostPayback, on 09 July 2013 - 04:29 AM, said:

as someone leveling a monk, im trying to understand this. So basically, mastery no longer increases the damage of tiger eye brew, but instead makes it so you can generate an additional tiger eye brew and the damage is now 75% baseline? so this means less ramp up time and more damage?

depending on the mastery proc rate it is less ramp up
Posted Image

#11 Payback

Payback
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1904

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:46 AM

View PostMarshmellow, on 09 July 2013 - 04:32 AM, said:

depending on the mastery proc rate it is less ramp up

That's gonna be really good. What about the damage part though. So it's 75% flat damage increase now when you pop 15 stack tiger eye brew? if so thats gonna be broken possibly.
My list of TOP WoW PVPERs atm
1. Swifty
2. xaryu
3. Clinda
4. Mitchjones

5. Reckful

#12 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

View PostPayback, on 09 July 2013 - 04:46 AM, said:

That's gonna be really good. What about the damage part though. So it's 75% flat damage increase now when you pop 15 stack tiger eye brew? if so thats gonna be broken possibly.

yeah I agree, 75% is quite alot, one lucky RSK crit with a trinket proc and 15 stack will most likely one shot someone, 15 stack single target FoF will 100-0 as well seeing as I can already 100-0 someone with one at 50% damage increase
Posted Image

#13 Saberstrike

Saberstrike
  • Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:02 AM

View PostCalmdownbro, on 19 June 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

July 8th PTR Notes Update.
    • Increases damage by 5% per stack, (up from 1%  per stack) but is no longer increased by Mastery.
    • The Monk gains 1 charge of Tigereye Brew for every 4 Chi spent (down from 1 charge per 3 Chi spent).

If by some miracle you live through all the shaman-hunter-ret bs to 15 stacks you deserve to one-shot them.

Don't like this change. For one, monk ramp up time is already annoyingly large comapred to... Well. Everybody. For two, I hate RNG mastery 'cause shamans and combo breaker demonstrated how well that worked. For three, as appealing as blowing someone up with 75% extra damage is I don't think the game needs more one-shots and burst.

Monks' niche should be tankiness and scary sustained damage, not glass cannon. Same as DK. Same as warrior. I've no real idea why things have shifted to casters tanking / sustaining and melee bursting / dying in a jiffy. This change will only make things worse.

On the bright side, it has potential to bring monks out of the gutter but I still think they're going at it wrong. Personally, I'd go about it something like this:

> Tigereye brew removed / remade

> Xuen baseline for Windwalker

> 20-25% buff to blackout kick, 10-15% to RSK, 20-30% to tiger palm and tiger power armor crushing upped to 40-50%, possibly 10-20% buff to fists. Or just up the damage increase on tiger stance by 15-something % just to make monks a purely sustained damage dealer. I'd go further and say remove rsk debuff and bake it into tiger's stance for 35-something % increased damage because relying on a debuff feels really, really clunky.

> 15-25% passive damage reduction and 1m cooldown on fort. brew for windwalkers

> 20-30% nerf to chi wave / expel harm

There, spec made into what it's meant to be. ;|

Or at least give us the bloody tanking stance because all this dancing around with burst just doesn't feel like what a hybrid (Even that's questionable) melee should be doing.

#14 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

View PostBalanceRexxar, on 20 June 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

Ring of peace looks viable against casters now, better than leg sweep that is, against melee with the wep chain I don't think its worth it unless they remove the weapon chain effect off the ring of peace disarm = /

Silence: 4 + 2 + 1 = 7s max
Disarm w/ Chain: 2 + 1 + .5 = 3.5 max, less than our normal disarm + makes them immune or DR'd to our normal disarm, not worth it against melee teams imo.

edit: jk they reverted silence back to 3s, keep on stunning.

Not sure why you'd pick ROP even with a 4 second silence over Ox wave.  Shorter cd, ranged, and no one on your team needs to stay in range of them to make it work.  Ox wave is the shizzle IMHO.

View PostMarshmellow, on 09 July 2013 - 03:02 AM, said:

Not sure how I feel about this, depending on the amount of baseline mastery we get for this and how well it scales this is a gigantic buff to burst, but if it makes us prioritize stacking mastery over crit it is a nerf to consistent damage.

This will also make the new Chi Brew appealing

Also, 75% damage increase at 15 stacks seems like a bit much, that is a ton of fucking burst and if RSK crits with a trinket proc and 15 stacks it's pretty much game over for the poor bastard that gets hit by it. 15 stack single target Fist of Fury will also pretty much 100-0 someone. made me think of Killing spree as soon as I thought of this

Insanely broken sounding.  As soon as I read it I was like "Clearly the 130k RSK's I crit right now WITHOUT CDS UP isn't good enough for Mists of One-shot-ville

View PostSaberstrike, on 09 July 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

If by some miracle you live through all the shaman-hunter-ret bs to 15 stacks you deserve to one-shot them.

Just responding to this one point - let's not be ridiculous.  This is a pointless thing to write (unless of course you put a smily face after it =p)

#15 Shridevi

Shridevi
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1847
  • 3v3: 2218
  • 5v5: 1611
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

Chi brew is huge for MW.  48,000 mana per 90 seconds, ~36,000 mana more than power strikes.

That's a free 2000 mp5 right there, 3543 spirit...!  If you're currently good on spirit, that's an extra 3543 (5.9%) crit or 1771 int depending on what you can regem/reforge.  Huge buff out of nowhere.

#16 Calmdownbro

Calmdownbro
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:07 PM

Base % for the new Windwalker Mastery is 16%. Currently unknown on how much mastery is needed to gain 1%

Also the tool-tip still states that Tigers Eye Brew increases the healing done.
  • Mastery: Bottled Fury Grants an additional 1.60% damage and healing per Tigereye Brew stack. Monk - Windwalker Spec. When you generate Tigereye Brew charges, you have a 16% chance to generate an additional charge. Monk - Windwalker Spec.
  • Tigereye Brew Increases damage and healing done by [*2.60 or 1.00*]% 5% per stack of Tigereye Brew active, consuming up to 10 15 Tigereye Brew stacks. Lasts 15 sec. For each 3 4 Chi you consume through use of abilities and attacks, you gain a charge of Tigereye Brew. Use Tigereye Brew to consume the charges, granting you [*2.60 or 1.00*]% 5% increased damage and healing for 15 sec. Tigereye Brew can stack up to 20 times, but 30 times, but you can only consume up to 10 15stacks at a time for [*26.00 or 10.00*]% 75% increased damage. Monk - Windwalker Spec. Instant. 1 sec cooldown.

Also added new Glyphs that were datamined in the PTR Patch.

Edited by Calmdownbro, 10 July 2013 - 02:36 AM.

#17 brad235

brad235
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2101
  • 3v3: 2846

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:44 AM

All those glyphs seem like they can be useful for MW, but can we afford to lose mana tea, cocoon, or paralysis?  Maybe against a wizardcleave we could give up cocoon but idk?

#18 Calmdownbro

Calmdownbro
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:52 AM

View Postbrad235, on 10 July 2013 - 02:44 AM, said:

All those glyphs seem like they can be useful for MW, but can we afford to lose mana tea, cocoon, or paralysis?  Maybe against a wizardcleave we could give up cocoon but idk?

I can see dropping Paralysis glyph for one if you run with a Hunter. The Expel Harm glyph is interesting, It might be worth taking depending on how much the heal is reduced as another Instant heal.

#19 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:03 AM

They really need to make ToD and ToK glyphs baseline if they add those glyphs in, there is no way I'm taking any of those over karma and death
Posted Image

#20 Saberstrike

Saberstrike
  • Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

View PostUdderly, on 09 July 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

Just responding to this one point - let's not be ridiculous.  This is a pointless thing to write (unless of course you put a smily face after it =p)

Maybe; I'm just frustrated with having to run from fotm comps' cooldowns while praying they won't proc on me, followed by somehow getting / spending 30 (40 after change) gcd worth of chi to return the ouchies (that is, if everything crits). New tigereye will only make things worse. I'm all for longer games but why is it just monks who get ramp-up treatment?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<