• Curse Sites
Help

How fun/complex are enhance shamans? (High skillcap or faceroll?)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Cohdeo

Cohdeo
  • Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

I haven't played in a few years and am deciding between feral druid and enhance shaman. I don't care about being overpowered, I just want to play a class that takes some skill to play at the highest level. Do you enhance shamans feel like you just faceroll and hope for crits? Is there a high skill cap and a big difference between how a low ranked shaman plays and how a high one does? Thanks for any help.

#2 Antitaleon

Antitaleon
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/2/1/0

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

why did they move class forums to non junkie
Posted Image

3x glad 1x r1 logics

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 Darksoldierr

Darksoldierr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

Playing it since S1, i do love it, but playing solo is kinda meh since the fixed mana change
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

#4 Cohdeo

Cohdeo
  • Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

View PostAntitaleon, on 18 June 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

If it makes you feel like I'm worth responding to, I got glad 3 times before quitting in s6.

#5 Heywoods

Heywoods
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 765

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:48 AM

View PostCohdeo, on 18 June 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

I haven't played in a few years and am deciding between feral druid and enhance shaman. I don't care about being overpowered, I just want to play a class that takes some skill to play at the highest level. Do you enhance shamans feel like you just faceroll and hope for crits? Is there a high skill cap and a big difference between how a low ranked shaman plays and how a high one does? Thanks for any help.

Hey there. Here is my $0.02

I haven't played my shaman at the glad range since s5.. and I was resto... So when I started playing my shaman as enhancement this season it was about as foreign and new to me as anything could be.

With that said I think enhancement shamans are in a sweet spot where they are an easy to learn spec but difficult to master in regards to PvP. It definitely feels like an easy class to pick up and play after you set up the recommended macros, look at the popular talents and glyphs, and have some gear.

Why I think enhancement shamans have a high skill-cap comes down to 3 things about the spec.
1. It heavily relies upon CD's to kill shit. Knowing when and where to use what DPS cd's will decide a win/loss for your team
2. and it's a pretty damn squishy spec. Very few dmg redux cd's & mediocre kiting ability.
3. Unlike most DPS, the enhancement shaman has to be really conscious of their teammates health and play the off-healer role if you are going to succeed at the higher ratings.

I recommend watching some videos of shamguard. His youtube channel is in the stickied enhancement guide in this class forum.

Edited by Heywoods, 19 June 2013 - 03:49 AM.

#6 Antitaleon

Antitaleon
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:29 AM

View PostCohdeo, on 18 June 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

View PostCohdeo, on 18 June 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

If it makes you feel like I'm worth responding to, I got glad 3 times before quitting in s6.

your questions are just really dumb, you can be a 6x r1 for all i care but stuff like "do you just faceroll and hope for crits" i mean what?

you have so many tools in your arsenal that you can be a fucking god in a match

"Is there a high skill cap and a big difference between how a low ranked shaman plays and how a high one does?" seriously after 3 seasons of being glad do you even have to ask this?
Posted Image

3x glad 1x r1 logics

Spoiler

Spoiler

#7 Antitaleon

Antitaleon
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

View PostHeywoods, on 19 June 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

Why I think enhancement shamans have a high skill-cap comes down to 3 things about the spec.
1. It heavily relies upon CD's to kill shit. Knowing when and where to use what DPS cd's will decide a win/loss for your team
2. and it's a pretty damn squishy spec. Very few dmg redux cd's & mediocre kiting ability.
3. Unlike most DPS, the enhancement shaman has to be really conscious of their teammates health and play the off-healer role if you are going to succeed at the higher ratings.

I recommend watching some videos of shamguard. His youtube channel is in the stickied enhancement guide in this class forum.

i don't, but the guide is fine tho

for some actual useful advice, you serve as a cc stopping machine for your team, there's very few mistakes you're allowed to make because your defense is quite weak ( 1min shamrage along with offheals ), and going ham when it's time because your under cooldown damage is really high

you have quite the CC as well, and as one person you can do some sick setups with a bit of luck and practice

about 90% of the time you should save your maelstrom stacks for offhealing and hexes, very rarely for damage, even if your team is almost topped off you should get that one heal out on someone rather than lightning bolting for 10k to not have your stacks go to waste
and reduce overall pressure because your heals can crit up to 80-100k even with battle fatigue

be careful what you shear since it's no longer 5s CD

best of luck
Posted Image

3x glad 1x r1 logics

Spoiler

Spoiler

#8 Cohdeo

Cohdeo
  • Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

Thanks Aluress.

I guess my questions might have been dumb but when I played I thought many classes/specs were stupid easy to play at a high level. You answered my concerns pretty well though about CC so I appreciate it Antihalojop.

#9 Giky

Giky
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Aggra (Português)
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

Feral for ratings, enhancement for fun

#10 meshu

meshu
  • Djliquidnb
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1
  • RBG: 2582

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

Step 1 - Get a hunter and a healer
Step 2 - You are a mother fucking beast cleave so you better pop your spirit beasts, and you know, all cooldowns along
Step 3 - Spam 1,2,3,4,5
Step 4 - If someones in their team isn't dead yet, leave the arena

View PostAcerMVP, on 06 August 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

You're a RBG hero, you have no say in Arenas. You only say this because you can kill some one with one button in RBG's and not be killed, sorry buddy, but RBGS =/= Arenas.
Please review signature rules: http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#11 Antitaleon

Antitaleon
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

View Postmeshu, on 23 June 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

Step 2 - You are a mother fucking beast cleave so you better pop your spirit beasts, and you know, all cooldowns along
Step 3 - Spam 1,2,3,4,5

View PostAntitaleon, on 18 June 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

Posted Image

3x glad 1x r1 logics

Spoiler

Spoiler

#12 Synthex

Synthex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/1/0/1
  • RBG: 768

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

Enhancement shamans are pretty braindeads really they just spamm damage and pop their little sham rage when they are about to die and healing tide , maybe offheal . Except that , there is nothing to worry about, you've got tremor, grounding , and insta hexes so u don't even have to fake anything + u have ur ascendance that randomly crits for 200k + . Honestly I think ferals require more skill to play and are more fun than an enhancement shaman especially next patch when ferals won't have that insta clone anymore. I personally would go feral not enha sham.

#13 angiejolie

angiejolie
  • Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

View Postmeshu, on 23 June 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

Step 3 - Spam 1,2,3,4,5

this guy is enough reason to put junkie requirement on class forums again

#14 TacticMq

TacticMq
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2023
  • 3v3: 2709
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 192

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

Good discussion guys, really good.
Posted Image

#15 Capers

Capers
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/0/.
  • 2v2: 1391
  • 3v3: 1794
  • 5v5: 2165
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationFlorida, U.S

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

View PostAntitaleon, on 23 June 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

Lets not act like those types of comments didn't happen in almost every thread with junkies only.
Posted Image

#16 Antitaleon

Antitaleon
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

View PostSynthex, on 23 June 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

Enhancement shamans are pretty braindeads really they just spamm damage and pop their little sham rage when they are about to die and healing tide , maybe offheal . Except that , there is nothing to worry about, you've got tremor, grounding , and insta hexes so u don't even have to fake anything + u have ur ascendance that randomly crits for 200k + . Honestly I think ferals require more skill to play and are more fun than an enhancement shaman especially next patch when ferals won't have that insta clone anymore. I personally would go feral not enha sham.

View PostCapers, on 23 June 2013 - 11:14 PM, said:

Lets not act like those types of comments didn't happen in almost every thread with junkies only.

sure did happen, and those who made those comments got fucking spit on anyway

and for this retard i have no words, go back to capping 2s forever along with your beastcleave expert buttbuddy
Posted Image

3x glad 1x r1 logics

Spoiler

Spoiler

#17 Okayenhance

Okayenhance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 954

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

Enhancement shamans aren't incredibly complex, but we aren't faceroll. Despite what players seem to believe (OH LOL YOU JUST PRESS ASCENDANCE AND WIN GG) we require more thought than that.

If you want to succeed as enhance you need teammates that understand your weaknesses and make up for them. Peels are required as we are squishy and we put a lot of stress on a healer due to this.

As enhance, grounding totems and important spells is incredibly important because of your lack of defensives. Not wasting ascendance and other dps cooldowns is extremely crucial as they sadly make up such a large part of our damage.

Hex is a weak CC but is important to use to cross CC since as enhancement it is instant cast.

Tremoring fears is important but fairly easy. I feel like frostshocking enemy priests running after my healer is important too.

Dispelling hex and other curses on cooldown is another thing enhance shamans need to do.

So no, I don't feel like enhance is 'faceroll'. I've always felt like the spec has been sub par and it still is. Many people say the spec is overpowered right now, I disagree. Without a hunter enhance is still a sub par spec as is every single other melee in the game right now aside from DKs.

So maybe next time you lose to an enhancement shaman check their teammates out, chances are the big stormblast you're complaining about was setup by his hunter ccing your entire team.

#18 Droozyo

Droozyo
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/1/2/0/./.
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2402

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

the first thread i read since they made class forums non-junkies and holy shit just put it back already

as far as the thread goes i feel like enhance is harder than it has ever been even though it's probably as good as it has ever been

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<