Lifedroodle
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 1/0/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1620

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

I've been playing 2s for a few weeks now with a feral. We're kinda stuck at 1950 - 2k mmr. A lot of hunter/disc teams there. We keep having trouble vs this setup. The problem is mostly the cc. When i fail to death or invis the scatter and my feral cant eat the trap the problem starts. Even outside popping cooldowns the hunter can get my feral low while in a full trap. Most of the time the priest will invis fear me out of trap, followed up with a silence & petstun and even a scatter again after that, etc.

My feral goes for the hunter most of the time, we are hardly going for a kill on the priest. It's also a pain in the ass for me to get to the priest to get a fear off, even with hunter cloned or stunned, priest can just have max distance in open field from me so i wont be able to reach him, even without him running away with invis. If the hunter isnt cc'd its nearly impossible with hunter keeping me from priest, flaring my stealth etc.

Im looking for some general tips and strats for this comp, we have like a 1-5 win-loss ratio vs equal skilled teams of hunter/disc, and the win mostly comes with luck when we do get a win

Thanks in advance !

#2 Lifedroodle

Lifedroodle
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

bump up

#3 Roffejow

Roffejow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2258

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

I don't know, I guess that comp has the upper hand on you, although I find that hard to believe. Make sure the feral saves clone for when you're trap, to either clone the hunter or the priest. Also, use LoS and play to kill hunter pet. I just dinged my priest to 90, and I don't find it hard to predict scatters. I basically sit LoS hop in and I know the moment I do he usually will scatter so I just sw:d straight away. If that doesn't work I use spectral guise out of LoS again.

I don't know which out of tendrils, psy fiend and dominate mind you use, but psy fiend is an excellent tool for eating traps too. So basically you have 3 solid ways of avoiding that scatter trap combo (which is more than any other healer). Also, you can make sure you get pom/shield/renew up on your feral for when you know you have no outs. The feral can also just play defensive and drag pet LoS when you're cc'd.

It sounds like your feral is tunneling the hunter like there is no tomorrow, is that correct? If so, he needs to start paying attention to his surroundings and actually play accordingly. They shouldn't be able to ever land a kill if the feral plays defensive when appropriate.

#4 Lifedroodle

Lifedroodle
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

Thank you for your answer first of all :)

I think my feral might not play defensive enough at times that its needed. We'll try to work on that!
I get about 65% of the scatters with death, need to practise on using the invis and psyfiend as a trap eater. The r1 in 2v2 atm is a priest feral team on our battlegroup actualy, so it should be doable. Hope we can step it up with these tips, thanks!

#5 Niosa

Niosa
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 0/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2098
  • 3v3: 2207
  • 5v5: 2194

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

Feral should always be able to press his Wild Charge macro for eating traps.
You should line the pillars and death obvious scatter (which you already seem to be doing).
Cross CC the pet and the priest, when the feral instaclones the priest you clone the pet or the hunter (whatever the feral isn't on).
Swap for pets occasionally, if you kill it the hunter is useless for at least a good 30-seconds unless your feral get's faked on a 4 second cast unless he uses a fero pet, in which case you just have to kill it again.
Coordinate stampeding roar with fears.
Feral has to know when to play pillar and when not to, dragging the pet into LoS may create kill opportunities on pets etc.

Dunno what else to say, I've found feral disc to be incredibly painful to play against occasionally if the feral can play defensively and offensively accordingly to the situation.
Posted Image

#6 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/2/1/1/.
  • 2v2: 2336
  • 3v3: 2754
  • 5v5: 1913
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:52 PM

too lazy to read all of it but make sure he is always hibernating pet on cd when cyclone is dr'd
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: feral, hunter, disc, 2v2, druid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<