• Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

The next Arena Junkies rogue podcast will be on Sunday, 30th of June at 10pm CET, 1pm PST. Confirmed guests are Ayume, Rzn, Akaishuichi and Mimmick. Woundman and Khuna are invited, too, but did not confirm or deny, yet. Rzn told me that Holinka will be watching.

So if you want certain questions to be answered or suggestions to be discussed post them in this thread. As more informations become available I will update this thread.

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/1/1/1/1
  • LocationEngland

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

If Holinka is actually watching/listening then it could be a great chance to address some of the pertinent Rogue Issues atm, even if they have already been discussed a lot.

#3 Opftw

Opftw
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 955

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

I still think they could need more mobility, even if it's just to make the class more fun to play. (shadowstep baseline or sprint breakes roots or level 60 talents (at least burst of speed) reworked, maybe something like that.)

Also i would like to see feint reworked. They could higher the duration but also give it a cd or how woundman (or were it you?) said in the video: Refresh the duration when you get stunned.

Overall i would love to see Blizzard making more specs of the rogue viable in pvp.

#4 Silveria

Silveria
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kael'thas
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/0/1/0

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

We want Samx !

#5 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

He did not respond but feel free to convince him, he is welcome to join.

#6 Flanktwo2

Flanktwo2
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2201

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

Please talk about this:

https://twitter.com/...586511646273537

and this:

https://twitter.com/...082717617762304

and this:

https://twitter.com/...036212597866496

(btw really appreciate your effort mister German rogue, since the death of WoM and such you've been one of the few people trying to keep the rogue community alive)

#7 varellz

varellz
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

just in case holinka sees: if they dont take hemo back on 20%buff maybe make rupture useful and do some dmg so its not only for 20% more dmg.

#8 Rtf

Rtf
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

The problem with rogue mobility is that its all based on a tier that will never be balanced for pvp.

If CnD is ever buffed to make it sync with sdance it will always be taken, otherwise it won't.
SS will be the go to ability as it has the most potential.
BoS will never be taken in pvp, period.

IMO either step needs to be baseline and the talent replace with something that either reduces the CD to 15s or breaks roots when used, and CnD needs to be removed and replaced with a new talent.

Or the entire tier is scrapped, step is made baseline and the tier becomes like the lv 15 warrior tier.

Also bring up flare. That shit needs fixing, the aoe is unresponsive as fuck. If you pop sprint in it, you can still be under its effect a good 20yrds out of it.

#9 Chubbsmalone

Chubbsmalone

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

Reduce cooldown on Shadowstep.

Buff Backstab and Hemo damage.

Discuss these in full detail and stress their importance, please!

#10 Opftw

Opftw
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostRtf, on 18 June 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

The problem with rogue mobility is that its all based on a tier that will never be balanced for pvp.

If CnD is ever buffed to make it sync with sdance it will always be taken, otherwise it won't.
SS will be the go to ability as it has the most potential.
BoS will never be taken in pvp, period.

IMO either step needs to be baseline and the talent replace with something that either reduces the CD to 15s or breaks roots when used, and CnD needs to be removed and replaced with a new talent.

Or the entire tier is scrapped, step is made baseline and the tier becomes like the lv 15 warrior tier.

Also bring up flare. That shit needs fixing, the aoe is unresponsive as fuck. If you pop sprint in it, you can still be under its effect a good 20yrds out of it.

Yeah, my try would resolve in Shadowstep baseline and on the level 60 Tier: 1. CnD 2. shadowstep lower cd and 3. 2 Charges Shadowstep.
That would at least be a tier 60 were you have a choice... i mean... you could make a talent there for breaking roots. But that would be a must have against mages and hunters, but on the other side trash against combos without this 3 Classes.

I would love to see Blizzard making sprint break roots... that would help a lot.

I don't like this Tiers where the choice is allready done for you.
Would be like a tier with: Imun against Poly, Imun against Fear, Imun against clone.    That's no really choice...

#11 Rtf

Rtf
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

View PostOpftw, on 18 June 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

I would love to see Blizzard making sprint break roots... that would help a lot.

I think they should just give that back to combat

#12 Spyrö

Spyrö
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1059
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationSpain

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

Brian McDonald had a very good idea on Twitter, make Hemorrhage‎ trigger Sanguinary Vein as PvP bonus, that way it will not affect PvE. :duckers:

#13 mikebazowski88

mikebazowski88
  • Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostSilveria, on 18 June 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

We want Samx !

I have seen samx trinketing saps and bombing his target when 100% health and without being stuned i realy wondering how he is a R1  player......

#14 mirox

mirox
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1990
  • 3v3: 2782

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

-Make shadowstep break roots, lower cd to 15 sec, make it baseline.Reintroduce Hit and Run talent in place where shadowstep was.
-At least remove sing vein from rupture and put it back on hemo for obvious reasons.
-Reintroduce passive crit chance for backstab and ambush.
-Make crippling poison 70% slow again (literally every class has freedom effect and can get away).
-Make recuperate actually heal for an amount thats not laughable (second wind healing 3 times more etc...) its not like you can keep it up always, if you do then you lose damage or energy regeneration. Also whenever recuperate ticks it shortens the duration of bleeds/dots on you by X seconds, this would really help with restealths and survivability at the same time.
-Repair cheatdeath so that it actually works EVERY TIME.(heals you back to 10% of your maximum HP and provides 80% dmg reduction)
-Repair aoe stealth as well as increase rogue stealth level to at least be on pair with feral druid's stealth. Stealth being the "niche" of our class and having the worst stealth in game isn't really fun.
-Rework feint so that when you get stunned with feint up it refreshes to full duration.
-Reduce CD on evasion to at least 2 minutes.

Edited by mirox, 18 June 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#15 Flanktwo2

Flanktwo2
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2201

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostOpftw, on 18 June 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

i mean... you could make a talent there for breaking roots. But that would be a must have against mages and hunters

We had that in 5.1 BoS and nobody really picked it up ^^

I really like the idea with sang vain on hemo as glove bonus, our recup glove bonus is a joke anyway.

#16 Opftw

Opftw
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostFlanktwo2, on 18 June 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

We had that in 5.1 BoS and nobody really picked it up ^^

Okay you can destroy every ability with energy costs ;), i was thinking about something that has a cd and no energy costs.

And against some teams... it wasn't even that bad.

#17 swiftwing22

swiftwing22
  • Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

well what i would like to see is:

That our dmg comes from our combo builders, and not retarded white attack and poisons ( mutilate, hemo , backstab)
More mobility
And a bit better survive during stuns

I love to play rogue, but i kinda get tired of the class as it is now, for example you all adore subletly but i kinda love assassination, and i would like to see also some changes to that spec to be more viable in pvp ( shorters cds on burst or something).
Every class got nice changes, but we are still same. I know it is late for a huge change in this exp, but i hope next one will addres spmething about this.

Auto attack > combo builders , should be opposit...

#18 Saru93

Saru93
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/1/1

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

Holinka will be watching....with the sound muted! :D

#19 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

View Postmirox, on 18 June 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

-Make shadowstep break roots, lower cd to 15 sec, make it baseline.Reintroduce Hit and Run talent in place where shadowstep was.
-At least remove sing vein from rupture and put it back on hemo for obvious reasons.
-Reintroduce passive crit chance for backstab and ambush.
-Make crippling poison 70% slow again (literally every class has freedom effect and can get away).
-Make recuperate actually heal for an amount thats not laughable (second wind healing 3 times more etc...) its not like you can keep it up always, if you do then you lose damage or energy regeneration. Also whenever recuperate ticks it shortens the duration of bleeds/dots on you by X seconds, this would really help with restealths and survivability at the same time.
-Repair cheatdeath so that it actually works EVERY TIME.(heals you back to 10% of your maximum HP and provides 80% dmg reduction)
-Repair aoe stealth as well as increase rogue stealth level to at least be on pair with feral druid's stealth. Stealth being the "niche" of our class and having the worst stealth in game isn't really fun.
-Rework feint so that when you get stunned with feint up it refreshes to full duration.
-Reduce CD on evasion to at least 2 minutes.
Ok with everything but crippling 70% never again. Ever.

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#20 Sykoh

Sykoh
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Wildhammer
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:45 PM

i dont even care what spec becomes dominant as long as it provides a good sustain damage and a decent burst
rogues in wrath also had shit mobility/survivability but at least when u stuck on a target they hurt and put out pressure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<