Potentially best rogue buff of 5.4

Thank you god

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 Bltchasspunk

Bltchasspunk
  • Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

The fact that you guys complain about faerie fire is quite entertaining in my opinion.
This spell has been in the game since vanilla, merely untouched ability as it is. And for a good reason imho.
The spell can be dispelled, and yes it can be re-applied, but it takes a global. And before you harass me by saying "then the dispell is on a cooldown, idiot". Yes it is, but the same goes for mages or warlocks who re polymorph / fear off a dispel. You're still locked out for 4 seconds off the dispel. Re-applying faerie fire is extremely situational in nearly every game.

The fact that rogues just run around a pillar and attempts a re-stealth is in my opinion some of the dumbest game plays I've seen so far in this game. I'm not blaming the class for it, as it is needed to put out pressure. But when you guys get denied the chance to re-stealth you complain about game mechanics like faerie fire. As one of the earlier posts said; "If you let the rogue re-stealth behind a pillar it's your own fault". Most biased comment I've read. Considering there's two other parts on the opposing team making sure he manages to get the re-stealth off. Faerie Fire is used to prevent the stealth, just deal with it. Dispel the debuff, because in my eyes this is just as a good of a dispel as dispelling morph or fear. It's a "passive CC" for the rogue class, or even ferals in this case. And as another person said earlier; "Classes should not have counters". Well for the moment being, every class has some sort of a counter mechanic. The game needs counters to balance the game. That's the way every game goes.

You can't expect rogues to have everything their way, have all the stars align, dragons join forces with rogues, hail to the 3x dps teams in 3s.
Stop bullshitting yourselves and look at the real issues with this game, and not one single counter mechanic.

#42 mirox

mirox
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1990
  • 3v3: 2782

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

View Postfant0m8, on 21 June 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

Of course it's your strongest defensive ability in a lot of situations, that's exactly my point. Powerful abilities need counters. Look at things like ice block or bubble. Complete immunity, but they're still on a spell school and on the GCD so there are ways to prevent them from being used. There is also mass dispel and shattering throw. Do you see Pallies/Mages making topics that say "Shattering Throw/MD: Why the fuck is this ability still in the game?"
Remember when hunters couldn't detterence when you disarmed them ? Well, that's kinda how it feels,I am sure every hunter was totaly fine with this.
Faerie fire should never be a spamable ability like it is now. I don't care if it lasts for 5 minutes as long as the CD is 5 minutes on it as well. Like this , you play vs some mongo caster cleave, with rdruid having 4 different escape mechanics ,and all he does is  reappling faerie fire on the rogue every 3-4th GCD just in case he gets dispelled so he cannot vanish and make swap. Its even worse when you are trying to vanish in order to survive. So faerie fire needs to have longer CD then the duration , end of story!

#43 korzal

korzal
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Assassination 0/2/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1565
  • 3v3: 2441
  • RBG: 192

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostBltchasspunk, on 21 June 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

This spell has been in the game since vanilla, merely untouched ability as it is. And for a good reason imho.
dispel is on a cooldown, idiot

And before you harass me by saying "then the dispell is on a cooldown, idiot". Yes it is, but the same goes for mages or warlocks who re polymorph / fear off a dispel. You're still locked out for 4 seconds off the dispel.
fearie fire does not have diminishing returns, so your comparison is irrelevant. this translates to a potential 100% uptime outside of cloak

Re-applying faerie fire is extremely situational in nearly every game.
Stop bullshitting yourselves and look at the real issues with this game, and not one single counter mechanic.
there is no reason not to re-apply FF, unless using that extra global will cause someone to die. And of course there are bigger issues in the game, but this thread is about faerie fire.

potential FF changes in my eyes:
-longer cd
-remove the cd and add DR to the duration
-make FF only work on restealths and not vanish

#44 Crookie

Crookie
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

What if Faerie Fire worked exactly like Hunter's Mark? You can still stealth with it on if you get out of combat, Vanishing removes the debuff, and only the applying Druid can see you in stealth.

#45 apoxy

apoxy
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1483
  • 3v3: 2002
  • 5v5: 1846
  • RBG: 1926

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

The debuff from using a Demonic Gateway has been increased to 60 seconds (up from 15 seconds).

This is actually a better buff for rogues than this shit ff's duration decrease

#46 sounds

sounds
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/1/.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:13 AM

View PostCrookie, on 21 June 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

What if Faerie Fire worked exactly like Hunter's Mark? You can still stealth with it on if you get out of combat, Vanishing removes the debuff, and only the applying Druid can see you in stealth.

This (or if someone cries about further class homogenization then just have vanish remove the debuff completely).

As for FF, it's good that they split the stealth-disable and armor reduction into two separate debuffs, all they need to do now is either reduce the length on the stealth part or completely split it into 2 different spells and give the anti-stealth component a longer CD than debuff length.

#47 Bltchasspunk

Bltchasspunk
  • Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

View Postkorzal, on 21 June 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

dispel is on a cooldown, idiot

fearie fire does not have diminishing returns, so your comparison is irrelevant. this translates to a potential 100% uptime outside of cloak

there is no reason not to re-apply FF, unless using that extra global will cause someone to die. And of course there are bigger issues in the game, but this thread is about faerie fire.

potential FF changes in my eyes:
-longer cd
-remove the cd and add DR to the duration
-make FF only work on restealths and not vanish

Ignorance exists in every arrogant human being of a cunt. For some reason. Your logic seems to fail to an extreme extent.
And yes, it is comparable. If you deny this ^ is all I have to say. Actually, not even going to type anything more after seeing your earlier posts on other different topics. Nothing constructive.

#48 FuguFish

FuguFish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1870

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

The fact that rogues just run around a pillar and attempts a re-stealth is in my opinion some of the dumbest game plays I've seen so far in this game.

It's a "passive CC" for the rogue class, or even ferals in this case.

Seeing as everyone that doesn't play a rogue doesn't seem to understand, I'll explain. Outside of find weakness/dance, rogue's damage per energy spent is depressingly low. If you watch any streams, a monk/druid that gets cc'd for whatever reason bursts hard when they reconnect. A rogue will do next to nothing.

And so, it is much much much more important that a rogue restealths as many times as he can in the current meta. Instead of asking why faerie fire needs to be changed, you should ask why it doesn't affect any other (stealth) class nearly as much.

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination 2/0/2/1/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 575

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostBltchasspunk, on 22 June 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

Ignorance exists in every arrogant human being of a cunt. For some reason. Your logic seems to fail to an extreme extent.
And yes, it is comparable. If you deny this ^ is all I have to say. Actually, not even going to type anything more after seeing your earlier posts on other different topics. Nothing constructive.
lmfao @ "bitchasspunk" what a fitting name

translation of your post:

"you're an ignorant arrogant cunt, if you disagree with me you're a cunt"

#50 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

what did you expect? it is blizzard, they can't make changes that actually make sense

i still think FF should be handled like any other CC in game, have short duration for being spammable and DR with itself
shut up pvp guy

#51 Equalwin

Equalwin
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/1/2/2/0

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

View PostBltchasspunk, on 22 June 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

but what he says is completely true.. and FF is shit and annoying. no skillful or something, old stupid mechanic imo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<