spaceship
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0/.
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

Use Soothe instead of Moonfire if you don't want to waste SotF buff; unless you want to have that dot on yourself to break an unglyphed scatter/trap or sheep.

Actually, Soothe also consumes the SotF buff (you get a faster global as a result). :P

#162 Italialol

Italialol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 2228

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:11 AM

Actually, Soothe also consumes the SotF buff (you get a faster global as a result). :P

Oh, it actually does consume it, I haven't played much in this patch, iirc Soothe didn't consume SotF buff in 5.3

#163 Batenx

Batenx
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

tbh I think WMD is over-rated right now (been seeing it mentioned alot in this thread).. Its one of those comps that looks really good on paper when you look at it.. Warrior + Mages both being strong this season, druid getting block from symbi.. And like, it works, dont get me wrong (if you have amazing synergy between the warrior+mage its viable), but its nowhere near being an upper-tier comp imo. Warriors lack the peels to keep a mage from getting realz'd on while a druid is in cc; and keeping the mage up can become a big issue as the game goes on as result due to our current healing output; and they're insanely squishy. Its one of those comps that if our healing output was a bit better, it would be amazing.

I actually think Warrior ele druid is a bit better of a comp over WMD, and is very under-rated. Ele's are generally more durable, and have better utility/sustain with being able to heal while the druid is in cc. You lose block as a druid, but you gain tremor + ground/shock + off-heals + mastery buff + better sustained dmg from an ele.

I'd say WMD is one of the top tier comps along with RMD and LSD. Godcomp is also strong but since 5.4 it has a few 'counters'. I played plenty of Warr/Ele/Druid too and it's a good comp in general. It's solid defensively because the Shaman brings so much support for you, but offensively it's definitely not as good as WMD. If a team decides to play super defensively you might struggle to get a kill.

Edited by Batenx, 28 October 2013 - 05:39 PM.

Posted Image

#164 Batenx

Batenx
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Druids are great now, though. You just have to find the right classes and people to play with and you'll have plenty of fun. Cheer up!
Posted Image

#165 Batenx

Batenx
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

I accidentally posted twice and I don't know how to delete posts so I guess I'll 'reserve' this for later... =)

Edited by Batenx, 28 October 2013 - 05:35 PM.

Posted Image

#166 Xeid

Xeid
  • Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

I'd say WMD is one of the top tier comps along with RMD and LSD. Godcomp is also strong but since 5.4 it has a few 'counters'. I played plenty of Warr/Ele/Druid too and it's a good comp in general. It's solid defensively because the Shaman brings so much support for you, but offensively it's definitely not as good as WMD. If a team decides to play super defensively you might struggle to get a kill.

+rep for truth : WMD , LSD (RMD to an extent) should be the most viable choices
When I switch mains, warrior on my screen
Stun and reflect screaming casting ain't a thang ....
Call it automatic glad, glad, glad
Warrior switch lanes, tunnel like a train
Been around the map all the noobs know my name
Call it automatic glad, glad, glad, Mr. automatic glad, glad, glad

#167 Cardio32

Cardio32
  • Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

tbh I think WMD is over-rated right now (been seeing it mentioned alot in this thread).. Its one of those comps that looks really good on paper when you look at it.. Warrior + Mages both being strong this season, druid getting block from symbi.. And like, it works, dont get me wrong (if you have amazing synergy between the warrior+mage its viable), but its nowhere near being an upper-tier comp imo. Warriors lack the peels to keep a mage from getting realz'd on while a druid is in cc; and keeping the mage up can become a big issue as the game goes on as result due to our current healing output; and they're insanely squishy. Its one of those comps that if our healing output was a bit better, it would be amazing.

I actually think Warrior ele druid is a bit better of a comp over WMD, and is very under-rated. Ele's are generally more durable, and have better utility/sustain with being able to heal while the druid is in cc. You lose block as a druid, but you gain tremor + ground/shock + off-heals + mastery buff + better sustained dmg from an ele.

Sounds from your experience like you need to get a better mage. If he's correctly using/timing temporal shield, kiting and keeping incanter's ward buff up for counter pressure, the class feels very durable.

Warriors will have plenty of Cds to peel for the mage if they go shockwave + stormbolt over bladestorm :D Too many of them seem to like to go mongo.

#168 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

This might just be a playstyle thing but soul of the forest messes up your harmony uptime unless you cast regrowths often enough to keep the buff up, because you generally don't want to just waste Sotf. It makes me dislike the talent (not saying it's bad, I just don't like it)
A lot of falling behind comes from not having tree to pick your team back up as well.

As for the comments to druid cc? as Bigmoran said... it's the best cc in the game if used properly because it prevents healing and use of immunities, Also complaining about too many interupts and then talking about paladin cc and (don't get me wrong they don't need fear or rep imo) They're casted (minus hoj) it's a bitch to actually cast cc against the enemy team and not go out of position as a pala.
You just need your partners help to actually cc stuff sometimes, I mean it's arena not solo. You're 1 of 2/3/5 people depending on what you're playing get it out of your head that you can/have to do everything without assistance

#169 MrCer

MrCer
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1805
  • 3v3: 1903
  • 5v5: 2122
  • RBG: 1917

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

I'm not sure if this is old news or not but, I was messing around in RBGs and I thought it would be interesting to try this:

HotW+SotF+Hurricane

Apparently it does a lot of damage.

#170 Prolifics

Prolifics
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/1/1/2/.
  • RBG: 575

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

This might just be a playstyle thing but soul of the forest messes up your harmony uptime unless you cast regrowths often enough to keep the buff up, because you generally don't want to just waste Sotf. It makes me dislike the talent (not saying it's bad, I just don't like it)
A lot of falling behind comes from not having tree to pick your team back up as well.

As for the comments to druid cc? as Bigmoran said... it's the best cc in the game if used properly because it prevents healing and use of immunities, Also complaining about too many interupts and then talking about paladin cc and (don't get me wrong they don't need fear or rep imo) They're casted (minus hoj) it's a bitch to actually cast cc against the enemy team and not go out of position as a pala.
You just need your partners help to actually cc stuff sometimes, I mean it's arena not solo. You're 1 of 2/3/5 people depending on what you're playing get it out of your head that you can/have to do everything without assistance

If you want to get harmony up and your partners are high hp and don't need to be regrowth/swiftmended (if you dont want to waste sotf), I'd recommend just casting a nourish on someone. Really low mana cost too.

Edited by Prolifics, 04 November 2013 - 07:36 PM.

#171 Bulldozer

Bulldozer
  • Wheyproteend
  • Banned
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 0/1/2/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 1903
  • 3v3: 1991
  • RBG: 576

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:18 AM