• Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2028
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:17 AM

Notable Buffs for Resto Druids
Hi, I will be posting some notable buffs for Rdruids for 5.4, and I want to hear your thoughts.

*These can change

1. Wild Mushroom's Restoration version of the ability now summons a single mushroom at the friendly target’s location. If the mushroom is recast, the mushroom moves to the new location and retains its accumulated bonus healing. A single mushroom now heals for as much as what 3 mushrooms combined healed for previously.

- A very notable buff for Resto Druids, shrooms are going to be one shroom that is moveable and will keep the shrooms bonus healing for those massive heals. (Shrooms can no longer crit, but will still have decent heals.)

2. Heart of the Wild when activated, now also provides a 25% bonus to healing for Restoration Druids.

- A huge buff for Resto Druids, can hit those 90k wraths + 25% more healing. Even more reason to pick HotW.

3. Nature's Swiftness is no longer a talent, and is now an ability learned by Restoration Druids at level 30.

- Bound to happen as it was pretty much standard for 99% of Resto Druids.

4. Ysera's Gift, a new talent healing the Druid for 5% of their maximum health every 5 seconds. If the Druid is at full health, it will heal the most injured friendly target nearby instead. This talent fills the spot vacated by Nature's Swiftness.

- Replacement for ns, could be good as it adds more hots, but I might be going renewal, might of ursoc + renewal is a big heal if ever in trouble.

5. Genesis is a new Restoration spell learned at level 88. Genesis targets all party or raid members within 60 yards and accelerates the casting Druid's Rejuvenation effects, causing them to heal and expire at 400% of the normal rate. Costs the same amount of mana to cast as Rejuvenation

- Looks like a very promising spell if needing to top somebody quickly.

There are many other buffs to Druids, but I don't consider them relevant at this stage. I'm really looking to everyone's thoughts on 5.4 Rdruids, because they are looking very strong.

Also heres a link to Druids s14 gear:

#2 Rynd

Rynd
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • RBG: 2140

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:10 AM

they wont make it... cos if they do, druids will become gods

#3 spaceship

spaceship
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0/.
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:30 AM

Yeah... Really hoping there are a lot more changes to come. Most of these are pretty uninteresting and/or over the top.

#4 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

I wonder if they plan on giving all classes a new ability at level 88

#5 Zerud

Zerud
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/0/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 2588
  • 3v3: 2077
  • RBG: 1667

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

New mushroom is borderline op, you can re-place a fully stacked mushroom and lay on hands ur entire team on a frequent base since with genesis is easy as fuck to stack them up

#6 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/0/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2477
  • 3v3: 3080
  • RBG: 2541
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

Ysera's Gift sounds a bit too strong in my opinion.

#7 Centy

Centy
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • RBG: 2125

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

The only real buff is this new Genesis spell and will actually see some real use. Other than that, even tho i hate adding more buttons to my ui, i wouldnt mind being able to pick cenarion ward since NS is baseline for resto now.

+25% heals once every 6 minutes is far from a huge buff, as of mushrooms, well, never liked the idea anyway, however they re gonna prove themselves more useful after patch, since until now, hardly anyone would use them for more than once per game, if even this.

#8 Vernaz

Vernaz
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2028
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

If Ysera's Gift is a passive, which I it shouldn't lol, it will be very overpowered, Resto druids feel strong at the moment anyways and the 25% heals on HotW is just another reason to choose it, imo.

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

I don't think Ysera's Gift is nearly as good as people think. It's a 21k/5 seconds before battle fatigue. The heart of the wild change seems a hell of a lot bigger to me, just because of how long HotW lasts. 25% more healing for 45 seconds? Wtf is the point of natures vigil?

Edited by Radejjj, 17 June 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#10 Athená

Athená
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Ревущий фьорд
  • Вихрь
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2281
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

I'd pick ward over ysera, no need for more aoe healing especially not with genesis.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

#11 Naxsis

Naxsis
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2217
  • 3v3: 2608

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

hotw buff seems pretty insane tbf, i mean a lot of the times you just picked hotw for the passive 6% int and barely ever used it for dmg, now its like having wings with 45 sec duration, pretty crazy from my point of view
lf 3s on alt healers, got everything but monk..monk incoming naxsis#2507

#12 obilax

obilax
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 1/2/2/0/1/2
  • RBG: 1524
  • Locationnew zealand

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

time to stop runing jungle and reroll resto. gota roll that wizards cleave.

#13 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 959
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

I can't see anyone taking Ysera's gift in PvP. Maybe Ferals. Cenarion Ward seems better.

Shroom -> Rejuv(s) -> Genesis -> Bloom seems like it'll do far too much healing considering none of it has a CD and is the same mana cost as one regrowth.

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#14 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

I heard someone say that HotW was getting nerfed in the healing department overall, so the 25% buff for resto either counteracts that or doesn't quite counteract the nerfs. So I don't believe HotW is going to change much from live. I could be wrong though as that is secondhand information and I haven't seen many people talking about it.

Also just because you don't use mushrooms doesn't mean they aren't insanely good and getting much, MUCH better next patch. It's absurd to say the "only" druid buff in this patch is genesis just because you ignore one of your better defensive/"ohshit" abilities. Just turn on Cdew's stream at some point when he's playing his resto druid if you want to see how to use mushrooms.

Not that I am against all these changes, I plan to play with a resto druid myself in the near future. :P I prefer seeing them over priests and spirit shell rushdown comps every game.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#15 spaceship

spaceship
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0/.
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

I don't think Ysera's Gift is nearly as good as people think. It's a 21k/5 seconds before battle fatigue.

It isn't. CW will probably be the go-to talent most of the time.

I heard someone say that HotW was getting nerfed in the healing department overall, so the 25% buff for resto either counteracts that or doesn't quite counteract the nerfs. So I don't believe HotW is going to change much from live. I could be wrong though as that is secondhand information and I haven't seen many people talking about it.

HotW never gave non-DPS specs any additional healing outside of the passive 6% Intellect. Now it's going to be 25% more healing for the first 45 seconds of a game vs cleaves. Doesn't leave much room for choice.

The mushroom change is really the most game-breaking. It stacks to ~1 million (pre-BF) in 522 iLvl gear and is essentially LoH with a 10 second CD. The healing effect also doesn't seem to reset if they just expire or are killed (only when activated).

Edited by spaceship, 17 June 2013 - 06:04 PM.

#16 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

as of mushrooms, well, never liked the idea anyway, however they re gonna prove themselves more useful after patch, since until now, hardly anyone would use them for more than once per game, if even this.

???????????????????????
Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#17 ottishen

ottishen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1645
  • 3v3: 2409
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1334

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Cenarion Ward will definately be the to-go talent if NS becomes baseline. The heal is pretty strong and it is useable while silenced.
being able to Ironbark+CW some1 pretty much every time you are silenced sounds too strong to pass up.

#18 Quinnsley

Quinnsley
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 1870
  • 5v5: 1894
  • RBG: 1931

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

Cenarion Ward will definately be the to-go talent if NS becomes baseline. The heal is pretty strong and it is useable while silenced.
being able to Ironbark+CW some1 pretty much every time you are silenced sounds too strong to pass up.

pretty much what i was thinking.

#19 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

Ysera's Gift sounds a bit too strong in my opinion.

Strong? How? It's meter padding nothing else. Cenarion Ward is miles better for PvP. it is useable while silenced, has a low cd and actually heals for decent amounts.

1% health each second is like 1 single lifebloom on someone.

#20 Dkaioshin

Dkaioshin
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral 0/1/2/1/0/.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:45 PM

Unless I'm missing something there's no mention of duration/cooldown on Ysera's Gift?

But yeah agree with Felic. My full tyranical druid has 413.8k so that talent would equal out to 4138 healing per second. One lifebloom w/out battle fatigue heals for 2942~, so it isn't much more.

Really excited about the mushroom change, one of my least favorite things about playing my druid is having to put up the three mushrooms constantly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5.4 Resto Druids

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<