View PostRizzo, on 07 April 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft:  CCataclysm

View PostAyrasaurus, on 18 May 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

im an idiot

#82 Häxantutto

Häxantutto
  • LocationSWE

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

When will the tournament be played / start?
Which patch? This one or in 5.4?
Which server / realm (live or arena pass maybe)?
If live servers, (all gear allowed)?
Posted Image
-------------------------------forever---------------duelist-------------------------------------
https://www.youtube....h?v=GLNJfWpIHLA

#83 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostNisslol, on 18 June 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

ban malph or i feed

*mumu

Anyway, you must be happy like small children to think that you've invented something great, but in the end, all you did was reinvent hot water. Banning system in WoW doesn't work that way, and will never work in WoW ( unless by some miracle, next expansion is the next best thing after a hot knife through butter and brings back everyone to the game ).

Better way to do it, would be to actually make a survey with ~16 teams you've stated are participating, have them each list 3 comps they don't deem acceptable and balanced, and you won't be able to run those specific 3 combos in the tournament.

*edit

I meant, 3 most common mentioned combinations will be banned. So every team outta 16 mentions 3 comps they don't like, and the 3 most mentioned comps would get removed.

Edited by Lolflay, 19 June 2013 - 05:58 AM.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#84 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostQyzz, on 18 June 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

Your last tournament was great already and it's a good idea to revive the tournament scene again.
I really like the idea of a league system. Also the ability to have five players in one team makes it more interesting.

The banning system is a good approach as well, but I see problems in it. People will most likely ban BM hunters in the first round. Then most teams „should“ pick MM hunter. After banning a melee or disc priest the most teams we will see are:

MM hunter
resto druid/shaman/disc priest
melee

Queuing in the Blizzard ladder already told us that a only half decent team consisting of hunter, melee, healer should beat most other teams. Most teams in the tournament will pick:

hunter
disc
resto druid/shaman
melee1
melee2

And if not they probably won't achieve much...

Assuming BM hunters get banned first pick most of the time, I guarantee you that MM hunter won't win this tournament if there are "big names" (LAN players) involved. Wizards will.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#85 Rockyson

Rockyson
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Survival
  • RBG: 1489

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

View PostLolflay, on 18 June 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

*mumu

Anyway, you must be happy like small children to think that you've invented something great, but in the end, all you did was reinvent hot water. Banning system in WoW doesn't work that way, and will never work in WoW ( unless by some miracle, next expansion is the next best thing after a hot knife through butter and brings back everyone to the game ).

Better way to do it, would be to actually make a survey with ~16 teams you've stated are participating, have them each list 3 comps they don't deem acceptable and balanced, and you won't be able to run those specific 3 combos in the tournament.
That would give a rather large advantage to uncommon comps and force players into unfamliar comps and would once again be less of a showcase of skill. I think the bans are great but I dont think there should be multiple bans of DPS. The one healer one dps sounds the most balanced but we shall see!

#86 Rockyson

Rockyson
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

also every hunter comp would get banned XD

#87 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

View PostLolflay, on 18 June 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

*mumu

They ran tournaments with this system already and it was a success. Russian tournaments just don't get enough attention on AJ, but they were actually amazing and arguably better compared to anything player-ran in the English speaking world - even LAN finals / final phase.

This is not something new or experimental, and isn't presented as such.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#88 Pradafiend

Pradafiend
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1904

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostZilea, on 17 June 2013 - 05:44 AM, said:

if someone bans holy paladins, what do i do? play resto sham at my marvelous 2100 level?

whats the difference between your holy paladin level and shaman level

#89 Bluckstack

Bluckstack
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/0/0/.
  • LocationGijón

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

im going to jungle with annie in this tournament, no one will expect it

#90 Eveny

Eveny
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/0/1/2/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

Instead of burning every new idea on sight.
Could you dimwits give them a chance on how they're trying to make it work.
If you have problems understanding my post, don't assume something and hit the reply button but read it again.

#91 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:41 AM

View PostRockyson, on 18 June 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

also every hunter comp would get banned XD

And the bad thng about that would be.. ?
Posted Image

#92 latturalol

latturalol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 2368
  • 3v3: 2822

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:33 AM

Agree with zilea whats the point of a tournament if you can't play your best comp again its their tournament but as a viewer perspective id say the banning idea is alittle sketch this is wow not league of legends but i could be wrong but it just seems odd to do that in wow lol

#93 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

Fixed my post, was tired so didn't add an important part to it.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#94 Rockyson

Rockyson
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

View PostVirent, on 19 June 2013 - 03:41 AM, said:

And the bad thng about that would be.. ?

you would understand if the class being banned was your main class since vanilla. or you do understand what im saying and you just felt the need to be an asshole either way long live hunters!

Edit:still prefer MM but who knows after they ban BM maybe they'll ban MM just cuz omg its a huntar ban it with fire!

Edited by Rockyson, 19 June 2013 - 06:59 PM.

#95 ImSoAesthetic

ImSoAesthetic
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Arathi
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

nice :)

#96 Jarzombek

Jarzombek
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/2

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

I like the idea of the banning system, think some really fun matches can come out from it!

What I want to ask is if you are accepting donations? Last tournament you didn't since the prize money was already there and you weren't making the tournament to earn money. Have you considered accepting donations to raise money to a bigger prize pool for the next tournament, as I know some internet tournaments in sc2 are?

#97 Svetozarov

Svetozarov
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/1/0

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

We might consider the donation system for the next tournament (next season), however the donations have to be well tracked. We've contacted blizzard employees and it turns out that we have to share any profit we make with them. This tournament is not profit-oriented and  any donations could possibly cause misunderstanding, which we don't want.

#98 Isumi

Isumi
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2123
  • 3v3: 2847
  • 5v5: 1620
  • RBG: 2188

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

View Postlatturalol, on 19 June 2013 - 04:33 AM, said:

Agree with zilea whats the point of a tournament if you can't play your best comp again its their tournament but as a viewer perspective id say the banning idea is alittle sketch this is wow not league of legends but i could be wrong but it just seems odd to do that in wow lol

there are 5 players in each team, why do u think theya can't play a good comp?

u have to think about ur mates when making a team and what they are able to play and then there are a few good comps which u can run.

if a player thinks he's only good enough at one spec and this spec is banned, he just get replaced with another team member.

i'm pretty sure there are a lot of sick match ups if there are enough good participants

Edited by Isumi, 19 June 2013 - 08:55 PM.

#99 Rockyson

Rockyson
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

View PostHäxantutto, on 18 June 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

When will the tournament be played / start?
Which server / realm (live or arena pass maybe)?
If live servers, (all gear allowed)?

#100 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:59 PM

View PostSvetozarov, on 19 June 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

We might consider the donation system for the next tournament (next season), however the donations have to be well tracked. We've contacted blizzard employees and it turns out that we have to share any profit we make with them. This tournament is not profit-oriented and  any donations could possibly cause misunderstanding, which we don't want.

Fucking Blizzard, I will make sure to turn addblock off when i watch your tourny!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bleached Bones Tournament

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<