• US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:05 AM

View PostThaya, on 17 June 2013 - 05:53 AM, said:

No, you get replaced.

5 players per team

What's the point of a tournament if you can't play with your best team? If you are forced to play other comps/classes that by definition defeats the purpose of a tournament

#42 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:42 AM

View PostZilea, on 17 June 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

What's the point of a tournament if you can't play with your best team? If you are forced to play other comps/classes that by definition defeats the purpose of a tournament
That's just an opinion.

It's a different format, like it or not.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#43 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:46 AM

I like that a lot, WoW has been too much focussed on fotm comps for a long time. Showing that different comps can work, too will be interesting and force players into adapting to new tactics and possibly playstyles fast.

Still, if you ban 2 DPS out of a men roster you could end up with a double healer team on the enemy side or did I miss something?

#44 Svetozarov

Svetozarov
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/1/0

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

View PostVanguards, on 17 June 2013 - 04:57 AM, said:

Interesting ideas! Always awesome to see more tournaments from WoW.

What server will the tournament be hosted on? I'm assuming it's RU?

We got european servers linked to RU servers too so that's not a problem

#45 Svetozarov

Svetozarov
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/1/0

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

View PostZilea, on 17 June 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

Zilea, i don't understand your concerns... being a paladin I wouldn't be worried to get banned lol xD  And yes as someone explained to you the team is supposed to have more than one healer, and it's up to you to team up with people that would give you the best comp-building potential.

#46 Zilea

Zilea
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:29 AM

a tournament is supposed to determine the best team... if you are able to say "well we can't beat their comp, let's just ban that spec", then you are no longer playing in a tournament setting, you are playing a ladder setting where one team just dodges the other team because they can't beat them.

it's your tournament, you are free to do whatever you like, but i won't play on it if i can just have my spec banned

Edited by Zilea, 17 June 2013 - 07:31 AM.

#47 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:35 AM

View PostZilea, on 17 June 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

a tournament is supposed to determine the best team... if you are able to say "well we can't beat their comp, let's just ban that spec", then you are no longer playing in a tournament setting, you are playing a ladder setting where one team just dodges the other team because they can't beat them.

it's your tournament, you are free to do whatever you like, but i won't play on it if i can just have my spec banned
You can ban people from the other team yourself. The best team is also the one that makes the smartest choices, and that ban system poses one more choice. This system actually gives you a chance versus counter comps.

This is nowhere close to a ladder.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#48 Eveny

Eveny
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/0/1/2/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

You can ban maps on SC2 aswell?
soo if player X brings his best game on neo planet s and player Y bans it, and he wins on another map. is it still about the best player winning?

Edited by Eveny, 17 June 2013 - 07:40 AM.

If you have problems understanding my post, don't assume something and hit the reply button but read it again.

#49 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1644
  • 3v3: 2264
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

I am seriously doubting the legitimacy of this tournament and it's funding. You can't ban specs/(classes in some cases) just because you don't like them.... If you really want some diversity in the matches, keep your 4-6 person roster and after every game force the teams to sub a player out for another class.

I am assuming your tournament will be best of 3 as usual, so just make it to where once a player is subbed in, they have to stay in for the remainder of the match. The original subbed player can be subbed back in if there is a game 3 in place of one of the other original players.

Ie:
Team A is playing Disc/Hunter/Ret
Team B is playing Affliction/Ele/Rdruid
Team A wins game one and subs their Ret paladin for an Unholy DK.
Team B loses game one and subs their Ele for a Frost Mage.
Team A loses game two and subs their Hunter out for the Ret paladin.
Team B wins game two and subs their Affliction lock out for  a Shadow Priest.
G1: Disc/Hunter/Ret vs LSD
G2: Disc/Hunter/DK vs MLD
G3: Disc/Ret/Dk vs Spriest/Mage/Rdruid

You can still obviously completely change the comp  by subbing 2-3 players at once if you so desire, you just cant play the same comp two times in a row and a 4th player is required. I feel like watching three unique games per match would be much more interesting and preferable over watching the obvious winners of the tournament grind through matches that aren't even that close playing a top comp.

Allow team to Ban maps after each game too so that unfair advantage isn't gained. Z-Axis etc.

Edit: spelling and grammar

Edited by Filthpig, 17 June 2013 - 08:09 AM.

#50 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

Why not PM him about the rules before you post stupid comments?

#51 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

View PostTalbadar, on 17 June 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

Why not PM him about the rules before you post stupid comments?
Why are you implying his comments are stupid? He's got a clear point.

People who watch tournies tend to prefer watching top players play their main class & spec,
Instead of watching Derekroth's & co (name changed for obvious reason(s)) play their 7th fotm alt's offspecs against each other.

Posted Image

Monitor your moderators, MMO-Champion

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=HnDYcJjQIQM

#52 Gothiques

Gothiques
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Страж Смерти
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/2/2/1/1
  • RBG: 576

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

Hello, I am inventor of this interface, russian commentator, organizer and so on. In the past I was the inventor of first beta Arena Spectator that was shared with NA and gave our communities possibility to run player made tournaments.

I will answer few posts to make it more clear.

1. If Zilea can only run useless paladin it mean he is useless for his team, noone of teams needs him and we wont see Zilea in this tournament. However, you can party with OP priests and be always available for your team, cuz noone will ever ban a holy paladin.

2. In total there would be about 16, maybe more teams who play all together in a one spreadsheet. Leagues lenght will be quite long and all teams will meet everyone there. If there would be too many superstar teams in NA, EU and RU, then we will do 2 conferences. Like in NHL or UEFA, West group, East group, or A and B, doesnt matter. In the end strongest teams will play vs weakest teams in first round of double elimination and there will be grandfinals of first season.

3. Picks and bans. Its not like in chat. Or verbally. You will get registered profile on our website (eng. version will be available too), when the match is about to start you (the captain) will get pop up window where you will face enemy captain and start your bans.

How it look likes for viewers and streamers. For captain it will be a bit different interface with some buttons.

Posted Image

After bans are done teams are starting to play Bo3 with their picks and bans they made. After first Bo3 they are doing bans again and playing second Bo3. In total there will be three Bo3 and you have to win two of them. So if you fail with your picks you can try to do something better, do other bans, try other speccs.

Bans/picks will be done some time (so you see enemies current action only after you finish your ban/pick) so noone gets advantage in case of 1st pick for example.

Teams are banning.
Teams are picking.
Teams are banning.
Teams are picking.
Teams are picking.

You will be able to ban 2 damage dealing specs OR 1 DD specc & 1 healing specc. At your choice. You cant ban 2 healing speccs.
You ban specc only for opposing team. If you ban arms warrior it means you can pick it yourself. But other team can also ban arms warrior.

If you want to take a part in this tournament and register your team please PM to Svetozarov. He will filter teams (their power, responsobility) and give me their list. You will need to determine your Captain, Team Name, each member specs (5 max per each person) and their armory links. You will need to have characters in EU, thats your problem.

You will be able to do 1 change in your team each month. If you change 2 people - you lose your progress (it actually means u wont be able to participate for prizes). So if you group up with raging kids dont plan to progress here.

Current list of teams:

Posted Image

Sorry for my english.

My best regards to ENG PvP community,
Gothiques.

Edited by Gothiques, 17 June 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#53 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

because wow is not about skill is about comps, that way if you see 3 exceptional players playing fotm, you can ban their fotm and trully see if they're exceptional playing anything else.

also having side member is always something that you want in a sport or e-sport, it makes your team stronger and less predictable.

Edited by dionim, 17 June 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#54 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1879
  • 3v3: 2694
  • 5v5: 2249
  • RBG: 2276

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

it would be like if teams in the nba could ban positions... kobe best player of all time? jk banning shooting guard, going to enjoy watching kobe play some center

#55 Jontex

Jontex
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2620
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

Okey I got a question. let's say I have a team of 5 consisting of these roles and classes. Druid healer, Shaman dps, Warlock, Shadow priest, Mage. Can they keep banning my druid forcing me as dps shaman to go resto, or my shadow priest to go disc in order for us to have a healer?

Edited by Jontex, 17 June 2013 - 12:43 PM.

Posted Image

#56 Trollsweed

Trollsweed
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2299
  • LocationDenmark fo shizzle my nizzle

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Sounds coolish :-)

#57 Trollsweed

Trollsweed
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2299
  • LocationDenmark fo shizzle my nizzle

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

View PostKettu, on 17 June 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

Why are you implying his comments are stupid? He's got a clear point.

People who watch tournies tend to prefer watching top players play their main class & spec,
Instead of watching Derekroth's & co (name changed for obvious reason(s)) play their 7th fotm alt's offspecs against each other.

+1 Fotm rerollers should gtfo

#58 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostSmooviex, on 17 June 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

it would be like if teams in the nba could ban positions... kobe best player of all time? jk banning shooting guard, going to enjoy watching kobe play some center

nop, because theres not a fotm basket team, there is amazing players that make a team.

#59 Shouri

Shouri
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

wonder what this game would be like without hunters, ferals, and ele shamans

#60 Chipperfield

Chipperfield
  • Chipperfield
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Demonology 2/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

Hello what happens if I play triple BM hunter and the opponent team bans my class?

Assuming I have 5 BM hunters in team roster.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bleached Bones Tournament

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<