Aspira
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Moonglade
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 576

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:41 PM

Had no issues like this when spamming Brawler's guild earlier in Frost and didn't see anything hitting a dummy just now but didn't for long. What CD add-on are you using?

#23 Serennia

Serennia
  • Junkies

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

i said in the original post i use omnicc (like everyone else) and i tried disabling it too

#24 Mickster

Mickster
  • Junkies

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:26 AM

it was fine for my dk
GAZE AND BE AMAZED

#25 Serennia

Serennia
  • Junkies

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:32 AM

Greetings!

Game Master Edhwaithian here and I just got a chance to read over your ticket about an issue you experienced recently. I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this has caused you. It seems like other players are having this random greyed out issue for that ability. In the meantime >.< Being a player myself I know how irritating bugs can be to game play.

I will be sending the details of your report on to our Quality Assurance team, who are attempting to reproduce the issue. Once they have done so, they will forward their findings to our Development Team, who will then determine a fix, and apply it to the game as soon as possible.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this issue, and I hope you have a great rest of you.

#26 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

View PostSerennia, on 16 June 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

right, lets not account for death runes, split runes when you use a single rune ability, abilities that miss, runic corruption/empowerment procs, and the infinite number of other variables that affect rune recharge. im sure you account for all of that in your head without needing to ever look at runes or bars. you must be god himself i guess

Just because you can't / don't want to do it doesn't mean noone else can / wants to.

And you completely ignored the on topic info I gave you. Good stuff.
Posted Image

#27 Serennia

Serennia
  • Junkies

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

k so lets pretend you actually try to keep track of runes in your head. you oblit twice then frost strike once and youre running runic empowerment and it procs first FS. now what...

??

#28 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

Who runs runic empowerment these days though? It's either Blood Tap or Runic Corruption and Blood Tap is almost universally the best pick. Runic Corruption can be tracked through looking at your buffs.

But again, why do you insist on breaking your own thread OT just to try to make me look like an idiot? We track our resources differently. The end.
Posted Image

#29 Serennia

Serennia
  • Junkies

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

how does running blood tap differ from RE in my example to you just now in terms of being able to keep track of runes? i guess you somehow know which random rune blood tap will always regenerate for you somehow? or do you just mash buttons until the ability finally works

#30 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

The fact that you think Blood Tap recharges a random rune shows how little you know about the rune system.

Anyway I'm done here, you're clearly not interested in fixing the issue from your original post anymore.
Posted Image

#31 Serennia

Serennia
  • Junkies

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

ya i guess reading tooltips is too hard for you

and even though it has a "priority" theres no way you can possibly guarantee that it follows that priority of avoiding unholy runes as uh or restoring uh runes if youre frost.

furthermore, you act like you're pve rotating a boss down in arena all the time to keep track of things. i guess you never focus or arena# chains of ice anyone? never strangulate? never focus IT dispel? but of course you keep track of all of those runes too, right?

Edited by Serennia, 17 June 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#32 jones_

jones_
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 0/0/1/1/0/0

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:19 PM

If you can keep track of all your runes and abilities in pvp without ever looking at them may I suggest you play starcraft. If thats even close to true then you have a very rare skill that most people could never do.

#33 Naga

Naga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2557

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

I've experienced the same bug, with both FS and NS.
So it can happen to single rune ability's aswell.
And i dont even use omnicc...

i play uh btw

Edited by Naga, 17 June 2013 - 07:48 PM.

Posted Image

#34 Kreeds

Kreeds
  • Kreeds
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/0/.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

Confirmed, this is happening to me also with FS and NS.....

#35 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:07 PM

this thread is hilarious, some guy gives info, serennia immediately jumps on him about something he said about how he plays the game and continues on the rest of the thread about it.

fucking classic.

People can play the game differently than you, I myself am able to generally keep track of my ability cooldowns (including runes, and ability cooldowns on my dk) simply from learning how to keep track of a lot of things at once from many years as a bartender, as well as the fact that I don't play wow with my contacts in, and play with a lot less vision (which leads to me relying on keeping track of cooldowns in my head more, than relying on visuals.)

Also, jones...i hate starcraft :(

#36 sarma

sarma
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2507
  • 3v3: 2675
  • 5v5: 2325
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

View PostSerennia, on 17 June 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

This just randomly started this morning for me, but my Obliterate key is basically randomly and frequently darkening/graying out as if I were disarmed, stops the default cooldown clock for it, and my OmniCC (tried disbaling this too to see if it fixed) also pauses the countdown on it. This happens all the time even when I am not disarmed AND have runes to use it. This basically prevents me from ever knowing when it is available for use unless I check my runes specifically for 1U1F but I've basically trained myself over the years to know what runes I have based on my ability cooldowns. The only way now with this bug is to spam obliterate mindlessly and hope you have runes to use it which is silly and hinders optimal frost playstyle.

If I were you I would consider reroling tetris instead of embarasing myself on stream.

Here is few tips for you

1)

stop being idiot , calm down your ego and at first  stop watching your abilities on bars you are not a warrior you are dk . 90% of being a good dk is having good rune management.
In your wotlk time you could spam icy touch smashing your face on keyboard and get your titles , however that is not a case anymore. TLDR  now you actually have to use some brain cells and solve a simple puzzle game called runeblade to be sucessful in arena

I had watched your stream once and man you are doing everything wrong. + you are being ignorant and clueless
in 2s 1700 rated shaman healers are afk healing you with water shield up . Frost dk that actually has some brain ooms them in 3-4 mins max
Giving you example  I usually kill those 20 seconds into game or so.
Now friendly advice - go back to school and ask some people that actually have a clue how game is supposed to be played atm and adapt to it. You can pm me and ill gladly explain you all you want to know free of charge

2)

/script RuneFrame:SetScale(1.5)
/run RuneFrame:SetPoint("top", 5, -350)

3) learn which ability costs which runes and all your problems will be solved

Edited by sarma, 18 June 2013 - 01:18 AM.

Posted Image

#37 Serennia

Serennia
  • Junkies

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:47 AM

ya teach me more plz. ive always wanted pro tips from a pub duelist

oh and link your stream

Edited by Serennia, 18 June 2013 - 01:49 AM.

#38 obilax

obilax
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 1/2/2/0/1/2
  • RBG: 1524
  • Locationnew zealand

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:51 AM

blizz's way of making people role real classes?

#39 Serennia

Serennia
  • Junkies

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:51 AM

ya lets all reroll hunters and ferals, the real classes for manly men

#40 obilax

obilax
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 1/2/2/0/1/2