Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

Hi,

I just got full feral gear on my resto druid and read/watched a few feral guides. I am overwhelmed with the amount of keys I needed to bind and use regularly.
I used arena1-2-3 clone and focus1-2-3 + focus hibernate/root/bash/skull bash for control spells. I  never played feral before and was wondering if I could bind few things together to reduce the amount of keybinds I have to use, otherwise I will have to change binds for stuff i was using also as resto.

#2 wuph

wuph
  • Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

You don't really need specific binds for hibernate/roots/skullbash etc for each individual arena target. Honestly, just have a target arena 1/2/3 to choose and then press your binds and also the same with the target arena 1/2/3 and then hit your focus keybind. I cannot think of any other solution. It's just making the arena game a bit harder so you have to keep switching your focus target around a lot more throughout.

#3 Niosa

Niosa
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 0/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2098
  • 3v3: 2207
  • 5v5: 2194

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

Have arena1,2,3 on GOOD binds and you won't ever need clone/bash/hibernate @arena1,2,3.
Posted Image

#4 dominera

dominera
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2055
  • 3v3: 2256
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 1684
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

I have all my cc for target/focus and the only cc i have for both target/focus and arena 123 is clone cause i feel the need for it, its really good for getting those clutch clones of. Other than that you only need bash/kick/root etc for target/focus imo. A few macros i use to spare some binds are the following:

#showtooltip
/cast [stealth] pounce
/cast [nostealth] mangle

#showtooltip
/cleartarget [stealth]
/targetenemyplayer [stealth]
/cast [stealth] Pounce
/cast Rake

The first one is just basic pounce while you are in stealth and mangle otherwise, the otherone is spammable pounce in stealth (for finding rogues/druids) and rake otherwise. I agree with you that you need alot of binds/macros as a feral. I also play mage and rogue but i have most binds and macros by far on my feral. Since feral is my main and im playing at highest rating with it i guess that could be one of the reasons, but i have always felt like the spec itself needs alot of binds/macros. Thats why i have alot of modifier macros to save binds

#5 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

I don't have hibernate/ root on arena1-2-3 , I have my regular focus1-2-3 and target arena1-2-3 that I use on all my chars. So I hibernate/root by changing focus and focus hibernate/rooting or simply by targeting arena1-2-3.
My main problem is, I feel like I can combine some stuff , unfortunately I got no clue, maybe because I never played the spec before but it feels like I got way too many binds.

View Postdominera, on 16 June 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

#showtooltip
/cast [stealth] pounce
/cast [nostealth] mangle

#showtooltip
/cleartarget [stealth]
/targetenemyplayer [stealth]
/cast [stealth] Pounce
/cast Rake

Ty, this is exactly what I am looking for. Much appreciated.

Edited by Djandawg, 16 June 2013 - 02:35 PM.

#6 dominera

dominera
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2055
  • 3v3: 2256
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 1684
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

Another useful macro i have is:

#showtooltip
/cast [harm] Soothe; Remove Corruption

What it does is that it will cast soothe if u are targeting an enemy. This is great for taking grounding down/using when dk uses dark simulacrum. And as u see the macro is to save some space... Other than that i feel that modifier macros for your cc abilities is great

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

/stopcasting [no mod]
/cast [no mod,@mouseover, exists, harm] counterspell
/cast [no mod] Counterspell
/stopcasting [mod:ctrl]
/cast [mod:ctrl,@focus] counterspell
/cast [mod:alt,@focus] polymorph
/cast [mod:shift] polymorph

#showtooltip
/cast [no mod,@mouseover, exists, harm] fire blast
/cast [no mod] Fire blast
/cast [mod:ctrl,@arena4] Polymorph
/cast [mod:shift] Incanter's Ward
/cast [mod:alt,@mouseover, exists] Remove Curse
/cast [mod:alt] Remove Curse

#showtooltip
/cast [no mod] Frostbolt
/cast [mod:ctrl,@arena3] polymorph
/cast [mod:alt,@mouseover, harm, exists] polymorph
/cast [mod:shift] mana gem
/cast [mod:alt,@arena3] Deep freeze

I know those are mage macros, but you could replace teh spell names for your feral names, could be usefull and saves quite a few keybind spots

Edited by Zerlog, 16 June 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#8 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

The key to playing a druid is really making use of your shapeshift bar change.  when setting up your keybinds, you want to make sure to choose to put things on those bars that shift uses as you shift forms.  For example, as Moonkin I have all of my feral binds on the feral bar so that they swap to moonkin binds that I would never use in cat/bear form.  I would never put something like dash on my feral bar, for example, because hitting dash puts you in cat form - so I have that on my bars that don't switch when I change forms since it's useful in either form.  Ravage, though, for example is only on my cat form bar, and pounce is only on my stealth bar - hopefully this makes sense?  it's very different than playing other classes for bar setup, although not that different than setting up a rogue (stealth bar) or warrior with their stances.  

Good luck!

#9 korzal

korzal
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Assassination 0/2/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1565
  • 3v3: 2441
  • RBG: 192

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

an easy shred/ravage macro, but u can't save ravage for burst

/cast [stealth] Ravage
/cast [nostealth] Ravage!
/cast [nostealth] Shred

#10 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1740

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

I still have both arena1-3 cyclone and roots from back when not all healers had a dispel. It's useful today for heavy healer control comps like fls. Lock fears healer, you root the melee so lock can freecast and still have the healer on focus for ns cyclone/bash if he trinkets. Back in cata I even had to have focus soothe (I know sounds dumb) just to be able to dispel unholy frenzy on healers before the first tick would break poly. Focus faerie fire is really nice now vs druid/rogue/priest (make the priest waste dispel on ff if he wants to invis->fear).

What you want can't be really done, feral just has this many abilities that you can't put into one button. For example that pounce macro is nice and I use a similar rake/pounce macro since forever, but it doesn't work during incarnation. So you need a separate pounce bind unless someone knows a super secret macro. Reckful has a similar shred/ravage macro, but it sucks a bit as well because you can't save your ravage buff if you want to shred.

Well at least there aren't 3 different dispels for curses and poisons, you dont have single target motw and thorns anymore and druid macros are a lot easier to write in mop. Anyone remembers the /cast [form:3] Stampeding Roar(Cat Form), [noform:1/3] Faerie Fire, [form:1] Skull Bash(Bear Form), etc. macros? Hell.
Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#11 Spyrö

Spyrö
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1059
  • LocationSpain

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

I can use any ability on any unit (target/focus/arena1,2,3) using just 1 keybind per ability :duckers:, using one modifier per unit (nomod for target, lshift for focus, rshift for arena1, rctrl for arena2, ralt for arena3), the Right Modifiers are remapped of course.

This is a photo of my system, if you are interested:
Posted Image

#12 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:16 AM

View PostSpyrö, on 16 June 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

I can use any ability on any unit (target/focus/arena1,2,3) using just 1 keybind per ability :duckers:, using one modifier per unit (nomod for target, lshift for focus, rshift for arena1, rctrl for arena2, ralt for arena3), the Right Modifiers are remapped of course.

This is a photo of my system, if you are interested:
Posted Image

That only works if you don't already use your modifiers for different abilities. ;)

For example, my E key is a totally different ability than my shift+E key.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#13 Spyrö

Spyrö
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1059
  • LocationSpain

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:20 AM

View Postfant0m8, on 17 June 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:

That only works if you don't already use your modifiers for different abilities. ;)

For example, my E key is a totally different ability than my shift+E key.
I can add more abilities to the button, because I still have 2 more modifiers unused (lctrl and lalt).

/cast [@target, nomod] Blind
/cast [@arena1, mod: rshift] Blind
/cast [@arena2, mod: rctrl] Blind
/cast [@arena3, mod: ralt] Blind
/cast [@focus, mod: lshift] Blind
/cast [mod: lalt] Feint
/cast [mod: lctrl] Cannibalize

#14 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1740

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:38 AM

Yeah remapping for additional modifiers can be a good way to add aditional keybinds if you do it well. I remapped side mouse buttons to alt+ctrl and ctrl+shift. It's really simple - 5 abilities on Q, could add one one more if alt wasn't so awkward to press.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,mod:ctrl] Cyclone; [mod:ctrl,mod:shift] Entangling Roots; [mod:ctrl] Faerie Fire; [mod:shift,target=mouseover,exists] Wild Charge; [mod:shift] Wild Charge; Skull Bash
Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#15 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Remapping is actually a good idea, I am gonna do it also. Ty bros.

Edited by Djandawg, 17 June 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#16 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1602

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:04 PM

Tossing in a few macros that may or may not help. I played feral from tbc to 5.1, and still have a bunch saved in a long forgotten dusty folder. Plus a couple I still use:

All in one travel/mount/flight/aqua form
#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast [swimming] Aquatic Form;[combat,outdoors,noswimming] Travel Form; [nocombat,outdoors,noswimming,flyable] Swift Flight Form; [nocombat,noswimming,noflyable] Amani War Bear
-Flight form where available, ground mount if flying isn't available. Travel form if in combat, or aquatic if underwater. Note: mount macros don't currently work in the new battleground. Sadface.

Cancelform/HT
#showtooltip
/cancelform
/cast Healing Touch
-Sort of an outdated macro, almost. Cancels form, begins casting HT if not moving. I used it mostly to dodge hibernates and scare beasts instantly, it's a great idea to set up a couple different spells like this, like hibernate for example.

Swifty macro
#showtooltip Berserk
/cast Tiger's Fury
/cast Berserk
/cast Nature's Vigil
/cast Incarnation
/use 14
-obvious, but might as well

maul/tf/gloves
/use 10
/cast [form:1] Maul(),
/cast [form:3] Tiger's Fury()
-use engi glove tinker, tiger's fury in cat or maul in bear

Pounce macro
#showtooltip Pounce
/cleartarget [noexists, stealth]
/targetenemyplayer [noexists]
/cast [stealth] Pounce
/cleartarget [noexists, stealth]
-targets nearest enemy player, good for finding other druids and rogues, modified rogue sap macro. Should never target pets/totems/etc

Pounce/cyclone
#showtooltip
/use [stealth] Pounce
/use [nostealth] Cyclone
-Pounce if in stealth, casts cyclone otherwise.

Form macros
/cast !Cat Form
-Powershift out and back into form. Recommend one for bear as well. I use mousewheel up/down for cat/bear as feral, makes it easy to shift snares on the fly.

Focus skull bash
#showtooltip
/cast [target=focus] Skull Bash
-Kick your focus target. Recommend one for cyclone too.

#17 Sennaxz

Sennaxz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2064
  • 3v3: 2084
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1948

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

I recommend bartender4 addon since blizz's main bar doesn't contain stealth action bar for ferals as it does for rogues so it saves a bit of keybinds and macros. Try intervene macro:

/cancelform
/cast [nomod] wild charge; [nomod, target=mouseover, exists] wild charge; [mod:alt, target=party1]; [mod:shift, target=party2]

epic burst macro:
/use gloves  [dont remember the number of that equipslot]
/cast tiger's fury
/cast ravage!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<