• Curse Sites
Help

Afflic warlock damage in 3s.

warlock afflic

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:28 AM

So, I need some advice, I've been playing warlock for not too long, and I just came back after quitting when Cataclysm came out. I'm a subpar 2k player and I can't figure out for the life of me to do a good amount of damage.
I'm not a terrible player, I just can't adjust to warlock. I keep Corruption, Agony, UA, Haunt, then malefic grasp while fel flaming to keep DoTs up.

I use Dark soul Misery when attempting to get a kill
I keep up curses depending on class,

The only thing I can do extremely well on warlock is completely locking someone down with CC.
Am I doing it right?
I just feel like my damage is very very weak, and everyone i talk to says warlock does exceptional damage. All tips are appreciated. If you want to be elitist/troll and have rude comments, please keep them to yourself. Thank you! Just trying to improve my gameplay!

Also, my gear choices, if you have any tips, I'm Gladfeous on Darkspear. I can't post URLs, so please look me up! Thanks!

#2 Saafine

Saafine
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 0/0/1/2/0/1

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:51 AM

Affliction warlock's damage is different. Your damage is huge when you look at the whole arena. For example, a frost mage can make more damage in 2 seconds, than an affliction warlock can in 10. The strenght of DOTs is that they're constant, hard to outheal and they make the opposite team vulnerable to switches.
When it comes to the gear choices, I'd just advise you to look at top rated warlocks such as Azaels and just compare his with your gear. High rated people usually know best.

Edited by Saafine, 16 June 2013 - 09:57 AM.

#3 Niosa

Niosa
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 0/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2098
  • 3v3: 2207
  • 5v5: 2194

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

Every time I face an afflock in arena all I see is ~5 debuffs on me and a warlock spamming fear like a boss no matter if I punish him by locking him out. Two seconds later he's runcasting fears again, makes me sad. Not saying locks are op by any means, but most of them seem to rotate fears around the team while dots are ticking for constant damage.
Posted Image

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

Thanks guys, apparently I'm doing it correctly.

I just hate the fact when my hunter says, "KILL THE X", I do as much as I can and he asks "Are you even on the X?"
Yeah, I got that part about warlock, I play well, I just gotta accept that warlock doesn't burst, he wears people out.

#5 Nekracy

Nekracy
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/1/1/1/1
  • LocationEngland

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

During burst windows so long as you have a full set of dots (preferably with Dark Soul/Trinket/Engineering etc) on the kill target and you Haunt plus Malefic grasp the target you should be doing decent damage.

#6 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

View PostStrafeous, on 16 June 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

I just hate the fact when my hunter says, "KILL THE X", I do as much as I can and he asks "Are you even on the X?"
Yeah, I got that part about warlock, I play well, I just gotta accept that warlock doesn't burst, he wears people out.

if you have a full line of dots with elements up and malefic grasping your damage isn't too bad. if you have haunt up it's decent single target.

the most important thing when is to have the healer cc'd. casting mg with haunt + dots up into a target when the healer isn't cc'd will do next to nothing
twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#7 Xaderfos

Xaderfos
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/0/1
  • RBG: 576

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

I suggest that you pop dark soul as soon as you get the trinket proc at start and dot everything.That way you get the most pressure.Haunt the kill target and start channeling malefic.Our dmg is great imo its jut not burst as others said.
Regarding your gear.I suggest mastery on yellow sockets hit/mastery on blue so you can get more hit and reforge crit from gear to mastery and int/mastery on red.Also it would be huge upgrade if you can buy the shado pan trinket.The one with the haste proc.Pop darksoul as soon as you get this proc and you will see your dmg skyrocket.

#8 Häxantutto

Häxantutto
  • LocationSWE

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

I met a warlock doing 31k dps inside arena the other day, it hurt so bad, prolly pve trinkets...
Posted Image
-------------------------------forever---------------duelist-------------------------------------
https://www.youtube....h?v=GLNJfWpIHLA

#9 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

View PostStrafeous, on 16 June 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

Hunter/Aff is a pretty terrible comp, tbh. Very little synergy except between trap/fear.

(Obviously anything with a Hunter can "succeed", but an aff lock is pretty much the complete opposite of a BM hunter in the current game.)

Edited by fant0m8, 16 June 2013 - 04:22 PM.

Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:41 AM

I gotcha, yeah, I agree, we're only playing it until I get my feral geared. :P

#11 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationPrince Edward Island

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:05 AM

Kills pets like crazy. Collect shards. Profit.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:06 AM

View PostMegorix, on 17 June 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

Kills pets like crazy. Collect shards. Profit.

this is pretty neat, also if you can try to darksoul cast ua on 1 atleast followed by corruption and agony and maybe slowcast/elemental, then just soulbourn the other 2 and haunt the 2 dps and malf grasp one of them, usualy does some serious dmg, try to fel flame the first target you doted after / mid malf grasp to refresh them and then just refresh the other 2 for the duration of your cds (dont bother if you cant or about to score kill/Doing insane dmg with grasp)

Edited by Zerlog, 17 June 2013 - 03:07 AM.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

Thank you all for the tips!

I have one more questions!
WHERE THE HELL IS THE ATR?

Back in 2009ish when I was in my 'prime', The ATR would of been up already. Is Blizzard just slacking or are they doing something with it to where it will be up at the end of the season?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<