Jump to content

So who else is gonna be farming PVE for arena?


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 ernest

ernest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 79
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 1634

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

  • Item - Hunter T16 2P Bonus (New) Arcane Shot and Multi-shot reduce the cooldown of Rapid Fire by 2 seconds per cast.
  • Item - Hunter T16 4P Bonus (New) Explosive Shot casts have a 40% chance to increase the number of charges your next Lock and Load effect has. Instant Aimed shots reduce the cast time of your next Aimed Shot by 50%. Offensive abilities used during Bestial Wrath increase all damage dealt by 2%, stacking up to 15 times.

Edited by ernest, 12 June 2013 - 08:15 PM.

Hunters, least represented for 4 seasons.  Average for one.  Here comes the 5th at the bottom, and we're worse than ever.

Blizz sure learns fast.

Posted Image

#2 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1301
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

View Posternest, on 12 June 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

  • Item - Hunter T16 2P Bonus (New) Arcane Shot and Multi-shot reduce the cooldown of Rapid Fire by 2 seconds per cast.
  • Item - Hunter T16 4P Bonus (New) Explosive Shot casts have a 40% chance to increase the number of charges your next Lock and Load effect has. Instant Aimed shots reduce the cast time of your next Aimed Shot by 50%. Offensive abilities used during Bestial Wrath increase all damage dealt by 2%, stacking up to 15 times.

Neither bonuses offset 2300 PvP power and 25% more focus (not accounting the PvP power loss from the gear itself).

#3 ernest

ernest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 79
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 1634

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

View PostGrieverZ, on 12 June 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

Neither bonuses offset 2300 PvP power and 25% more focus (not accounting the PvP power loss from the gear itself).

with fervor and a focus on haste you could probably make up for the loss of focus regen. not to mention with more steady shots and quicker rapid fires you would be able to utilize rapid recouperation more.
Hunters, least represented for 4 seasons.  Average for one.  Here comes the 5th at the bottom, and we're worse than ever.

Blizz sure learns fast.

Posted Image

#4 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1508
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

The last time i did raiding for pvp was late s7 early s8 and That trinket never dropped off that dam orc in Lich king raid when I was in a group to get it and when it did drop it was always ninjaed. Fuck it now with this rng shit even more.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#5 Vhyro

Vhyro
  • Vhyro
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 157
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/2/1
  • LocationOntario

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

Jesus fucking christ, I'm gonna PvE as a hunter and do galaxy retardo damage
*Temp*

-- Warlock -- Monk --

#6 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 672
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/2/0/2/1/1/2

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:50 AM

View PostVhyro, on 12 June 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

Jesus fucking christ, I'm gonna PvE as a hunter and do galaxy retardo damage

Not really. Right now hunters are pretty lack in the PvE DPS department, and we have been all expansion.

Good set bonuses are a great way to make PvE dps higher while not affecting PvP.

#7

  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:03 AM

Offensive abilities used during Bestial Wrath increase all damage dealt by 2%, stacking up to 15 times.

With the way Veev plays, thats basically 30% damage for the first 30 seconds, I think that offsets the pvp power loss. Not to mention like every pve piece in the new raid has an extra socket then pvp gear, full pve gear would easily be 2k more agility/strength/intellect/whatever just from gems

Edited by Radejjj, 13 June 2013 - 01:08 AM.


#8 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 672
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/2/0/2/1/1/2

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:08 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 13 June 2013 - 01:03 AM, said:

Offensive abilities used during Bestial Wrath increase all damage dealt by 2%, stacking up to 15 times.

With the way Veev plays, thats basically 30% damage for the first 30 seconds, I think that offsets the pvp power loss

Well, you know there is that GCD thing. By the time BW is up, you could only have 10 stacks, if you didn't miss a single GCD.

It is more effective when you use 2 BW's back to back, as it allows you to reach maximum stacks, which is common in PvE, but it isn't a good idea to do in PvP since you usually want to break CC with BW.

Also, you wouldn't get the full stacks until you are finished bursting.

Edited by bandet, 13 June 2013 - 01:09 AM.


#9

  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:25 AM

View Postbandet, on 13 June 2013 - 01:08 AM, said:

Well, you know there is that GCD thing. By the time BW is up, you could only have 10 stacks, if you didn't miss a single GCD.

It is more effective when you use 2 BW's back to back, as it allows you to reach maximum stacks, which is common in PvE, but it isn't a good idea to do in PvP since you usually want to break CC with BW.

Also, you wouldn't get the full stacks until you are finished bursting.


Except thats what veev does lol

#10 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 672
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/2/0/2/1/1/2

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:29 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 13 June 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

Except thats what veev does lol

What is the other dps he runs with

#11

  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:29 AM

View Postbandet, on 13 June 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

What is the other dps he runs with
feral

#12 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 672
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/2/0/2/1/1/2

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:33 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 13 June 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

feral

Well that's probably why he does it. You aren't so much in danger of dying in a stun playing junglecleave because cyclone peels are awesome.

#13

  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:37 AM

View Postbandet, on 13 June 2013 - 01:33 AM, said:

Well that's probably why he does it. You aren't so much in danger of dying in a stun playing junglecleave because cyclone peels are awesome.

No, he does it because it works, you can do it as any hunter comps because 30 straight seconds of mongo retard damage is cool

#14 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 672
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/2/0/2/1/1/2

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:46 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 13 June 2013 - 01:37 AM, said:

No, he does it because it works, you can do it as any hunter comps because 30 straight seconds of mongo retard damage is cool


20 seconds*

Sure any comp can do it, but you risk getting owned if you don't win in the opener because you won't have outs for CC and they will global you before you can deterrence.

It is what you might call a "gimmick" strategy, like triple dps teams.

#15

  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:54 AM

View Postbandet, on 13 June 2013 - 01:46 AM, said:

20 seconds*

Sure any comp can do it, but you risk getting owned if you don't win in the opener because you won't have outs for CC and they will global you before you can deterrence.

It is what you might call a "gimmick" strategy, like triple dps teams.

it doesnt matter what you call it if it works to 2600, and its 30 seconds of rapid fire isnt it? Regardless, 20-30 seconds of retard damage and readiness trap/scatter/silence

Edited by Radejjj, 13 June 2013 - 02:00 AM.


#16 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1508
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:10 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 13 June 2013 - 01:54 AM, said:

it doesnt matter what you call it if it works to 2600, and its 30 seconds of rapid fire isnt it? Regardless, 20-30 seconds of retard damage and readiness trap/scatter/silence

Zilea's and talasons mmr was already close to 2500 it brought it down to 2300 when he joined they did like 60 percent or lower to on like the first 2 teams they did. just saying.

My ret friend was 1900 mmr me and the healer i got was around 2300 we played to 2150 with the same win/lose as above the difference was we didnt fight wizards majority of the times they did alot easier to climb that plus with the mmr inflation for his hunter.

Edited by Dagin, 13 June 2013 - 02:13 AM.

Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#17

  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:17 AM

View PostDagin, on 13 June 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:

Zilea's and talasons mmr was already close to 2500 it brought it down to 2300 when he joined they did like 60 percent or lower to on like the first 2 teams they did. just saying.

My ret friend was 1900 mmr me and the healer i got was around 2300 we played to 2150 with the same win/lose as above the difference was we didnt fight wizards majority of the times they did alot easier to climb that plus with the mmr inflation for his hunter.

and they've repeatedly gotten above 2500 as priest and paladin jungle. Theyre obviously all good players, but its a stupid fucking playstyle and shouldnt be a viable.

Edited by Radejjj, 13 June 2013 - 02:24 AM.


#18 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 672
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/2/0/2/1/1/2

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:34 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 13 June 2013 - 01:54 AM, said:

it doesnt matter what you call it if it works to 2600, and its 30 seconds of rapid fire isnt it?

Yeah, but... Rapid Fire doesn't really do that much since all you do as BM these days is spam arcane. Especially while BW is up since focus cost of arcane is reduced by 50%.

#19 KILLATON

KILLATON
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 628
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1767
  • 3v3: 2098
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:58 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 13 June 2013 - 01:54 AM, said:

it doesnt matter what you call it if it works to 2600, and its 30 seconds of rapid fire isnt it? Regardless, 20-30 seconds of retard damage and readiness trap/scatter/silence

So uhm ye, rapid fire dosnt really do much for BM theese days.
However Rapid fire with focus fire, that will indeed do some crasy pressure. (Takes around 20sec to stack frenzy though.)
Posted Image

#20 Sabyth

Sabyth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Uldaman
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 142
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:21 AM

My Combat Rogue.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<