Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Killing Spree is now single target in 5.4. Will this be the rise of combat rogues?


  • Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#21 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 2004
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

Don't think double rogue will work on higher level but it will be a decent 2v2 comp for capping (30 second games, easy games or fast losses). If some stupid thing like Nightstalker affecting KS would go live (doubt it very much) multi rogue comps would work for 3 days until rogues would be nerfed again.

#22 Richie311

Richie311

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

The biggest problem right now with combat is getting  your dmg buff stacks from your passive, which requires a good 45 seconds or so of constant up time with AdRush. All it would take is a good CC chain to stop you from getting the full 30% bonus, which you need as KS doesn't hit for a lot without it.
RICHMAN311 (1:34:09 AM): wat u doing
timbrice89 (1:34:21 AM): fucking this sheep
RICHMAN311 (1:34:36 AM): well thats my new sig for AJ forums
timbrice89 (1:34:48 AM): good

#23 Bootzx

Bootzx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 201
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1826

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostAcerMVP, on 12 June 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

Just stop. A lot of rogues don't even want to play sub anymore. It's such a garbage spec now in terms of playstyle... Which is why they're looking into other specializations. Sub already got it's nerfs and buffs. Now they need to look to other specs.


I'm really liking the patch notes for rogues though.

Just out of curiosity who made you the voice for the whole rogue community?

#24 Capers

Capers
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 1249
  • Talents: Assassination 0/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1509
  • LocationFlorida, U.S

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

View PostAcerMVP, on 12 June 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

Blind... I don't even use blind now, playing in BC really taught you how to use your blind effectively.

That might be true, but blind glyph just opens up more opportunities with DoT classes. It's not like it's much harder to watch for dots on a target. Blind glyph just makes it more convenient because you can CC anything at any time.
Please review signature rules at: http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#25 Flanktwo2

Flanktwo2
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 26
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2201

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

I think this is mostly a pve change anyway so you can focus your dmg on one add or boss without jumping around like a retarded rabbit.
It will make combat viable but sub will most likely still be the go to specc. Good think is - all 3 speccs will be pvp viable.

And I really think they will buff this and that about sub. (they said they would look at the mobility tier again) and I very much hope they buff hemo/Backstab.

With that I think rogues would be in a very good place and have 3 viable pve and pvp speccs.

fingers crossed.

#26 ohnoes

ohnoes
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 138
  • Talents: Assassination 2/1/1/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2113

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

not sure why people are even considering this spec as being good for pvp, it's still awful - dance still has to much utility to pass up

#27 apoxy

apoxy
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 53
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1483
  • 3v3: 2002
  • 5v5: 1846
  • RBG: 1926

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostFlanktwo2, on 12 June 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

And I really think they will buff this and that about sub. (they said they would look at the mobility tier again) and I very much hope they buff hemo/Backstab.

Did u see what they did for increasing sub's dps in pve?
- Every 4 Backstabs, your Backstab is replaced with Ambush that can be used regardless of Stealth.

Looks like a good idea to me, i am not saying they should make it for pvp too, but they've already think in something.
Why don't they think in something else for increase sub's damage/rotation in pvp?

I don't think sub is boring as hell like everyone is saying, but a little attention would be apreciated

And i also don't think combat is going to be better than sub, but as said here before all 3 specs will propably be viable and this is really really good

Another good thing for combat rogues is that keeping rupture up is not a MUST as it is for sub and mut so you might want to spend those combo points using recup(ocasionally), which will be slightly better

#28 Polke

Polke
  • Junkies
  • Posts: 43

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

Single target killing spree removes any sort of setup. If it goes live it would be no different than the cleavish rushdown that already plagues current arenas. Any competent person can look for red buff and go balls deep on anything they want with outstanding results. Only possible way for this to be remotely fair would be to make smoke bomb sub/assassination only.

#29 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 2584
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

i don't wanna play combat or mutilate :/

View PostBootzx, on 12 June 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

Just out of curiosity who made you the voice for the whole rogue community?

was wondering that too
shut up pvp guy

#30 Ashleylol

Ashleylol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 85
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 2316
  • 3v3: 2759
  • RBG: 1799

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

pretty good, tho sub needs some serious attention still with consistent damage from hemo/backstab tbh tho:o but its a start i guess, and also just a thought, why NOT bring energy regen back on recup? Always liked it like that in cata, and then the recup buff would actually be quite huge for rogues!
Ashley 2700+ rogue teenage godx ~  http://www.twitch.tv/tierzx ~ follow the stream boys and girls

Posted Image

#31 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 642
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

View PostBootzx, on 12 June 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

Just out of curiosity who made you the voice for the whole rogue community?

If you actually look and read around, there's a lot of rogues who just don't want to play Sub anymore for PvP. I'm not talking for the whole community, if I was, I would of used the term ALL ROGUES. I'm speaking for those who just do not like Sub anymore. Please, before you come down on me, fix your reading comprehension.

#32 Bootzx

Bootzx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 201
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1826

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

View PostAcerMVP, on 12 June 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

If you actually look and read around, there's a lot of rogues who just don't want to play Sub anymore for PvP. I'm not talking for the whole community, if I was, I would of used the term ALL ROGUES. I'm speaking for those who just do not like Sub anymore. Please, before you come down on me, fix your reading comprehension.

The rogues who actively post on AJ is a small sample size of who you ARE speaking for, because you are treating it as if every rogue has voiced their opinion on this site. Just because you play mutilate don't expect everyone else to care or think they are "following" after you. You also might want to work on your megalomania.

#33 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 2584
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostAcerMVP, on 12 June 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

If you actually look and read around, there's a lot of rogues who just don't want to play Sub anymore for PvP. I'm not talking for the whole community, if I was, I would of used the term ALL ROGUES. I'm speaking for those who just do not like Sub anymore. Please, before you come down on me, fix your reading comprehension.

funny how you assume so

i know plenty of rogues and none of them would want to play combat or mut myself including

saying that a lot of rogues don't want to play sub anymore is not an argument as there are probably as many if not more rogues that wouldn't want to pvp as mut or combat; idk why you would bring it up, please speak for yourself only, ty
shut up pvp guy

#34 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 642
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostBootzx, on 12 June 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

The rogues who actively post on AJ is a small sample size of who you ARE speaking for, because you are treating it as if every rogue has voiced their opinion on this site. Just because you play mutilate don't expect everyone else to care or think they are "following" after you. You also might want to work on your megalomania.

I don't think anything, if you want to think that I am trying to speak for "every" rogue, go ahead. I never once said "All rogues hate sub". Here let me do something for you so you can understand me better:

8 million subscribers as of March 2013, World of Warcraft
There's 11 Classes in this game, if we were to take 11 and divide it by 8, that means 1.3million (This is just an assumption and not actual fact since I really don't know the numbers) players most likely play a rogue.

Now let's look at what A LOT means:
A lot: very much; a great deal; to a large extent; frequently; often.

So by me saying A LOT, I am referring to the amount of rogues within the game (A lot can be anywhere from 20 to millions). I never specified how many and that doesn't mean just this site but in general. If I wanted to specify AJ. I would of easily said "A lot of rogues on AJ"; I just mentioned A LOT because there is a huge amount of rogues that I'm pretty sure prefer Mut/Combat over Sub for PvP. I can keep going, but you're just probably going to try and argue with me anyways.

View PostReirei, on 12 June 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

funny how you assume so

i know plenty of rogues and none of them would want to play combat or mut myself including

saying that a lot of rogues don't want to play sub anymore is not an argument as there are probably as many if not more rogues that wouldn't want to pvp as mut or combat; idk why you would bring it up, please speak for yourself only, ty

You're just riding the train, you should stop now.

#35 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 2584
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostAcerMVP, on 12 June 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

You're just riding the train, you should stop now.

idc about train and what not, i just hate when people use it as argument saying that they talk for a lot of people even though there are plenty of people who don't agree
shut up pvp guy

#36 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 512
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 2440
  • 3v3: 2702
  • 5v5: 2233
  • RBG: 2243
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

View PostAcerMVP, on 12 June 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

If you actually look and read around, there's a lot of rogues who just don't want to play Sub anymore for PvP. I'm not talking for the whole community, if I was, I would of used the term ALL ROGUES. I'm speaking for those who just do not like Sub anymore. Please, before you come down on me, fix your reading comprehension.

stop being so elitist cos you made a mutilate pvp guide

#37 Echizen

Echizen
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Ревущий фьорд
  • Вихрь
  • Posts: 21
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/1/1/0

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

I do not want play sub. I played in all 3 specs, and i'm glad i'm not forced to play sub anymore. It's really annoying to be just locked in this spec if you want to go high.

#38 Dragomir

Dragomir
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Thrall
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 98
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/2

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

We can't pass off subtlety simply because it's been tuned a bit recently.  It's simply not an adequate reason to forget about a spec.  Yes, sub already got buffs and nerfs.  That means nothing if the spec still isn't tuned to where it should be.

#39 FuguFish

FuguFish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 224
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1870

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:16 PM

View PostAcerMVP, on 12 June 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

8 million subscribers as of March 2013, World of Warcraft
There's 11 Classes in this game, if we were to take 11 and divide it by 8, that means 1.3million (This is just an assumption and not actual fact since I really don't know the numbers) players most likely play a rogue.

Now let's look at what A LOT means:
A lot: very much; a great deal; to a large extent; frequently; often.

So by me saying A LOT, I am referring to the amount of rogues within the game (A lot can be anywhere from 20 to millions). I never specified how many and that doesn't mean just this site but in general. If I wanted to specify AJ. I would of easily said "A lot of rogues on AJ"; I just mentioned A LOT because there is a huge amount of rogues that I'm pretty sure prefer Mut/Combat over Sub for PvP. I can keep going, but you're just probably going to try and argue with me anyways.

TLDR; Everything you "claimed" is dependent on your random assumptions, and you can't do simple maths that I'd expect any 12 year old to be capable of. And you wonder why people don't agree with you?

According to crossladder 57% of rogues play sub, 37% play muti, 6% combat and ~1% unaccounted for (perhaps due to rounding errors). Whilst this isn't the domination of subtlety that we're used to from cataclysm, the majority of rogues are still definitely subtlety. Even then, you cannot claim to know whether players prefer to play any spec over the other. For example I played mutilate whilst gearing up my rogue because I hit like shit with blue weapons.

#40 Capers

Capers
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 1249
  • Talents: Assassination 0/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1509
  • LocationFlorida, U.S

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:25 PM

View PostAcerMVP, on 12 June 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

I don't think anything, if you want to think that I am trying to speak for "every" rogue, go ahead. I never once said "All rogues hate sub". Here let me do something for you so you can understand me better:

8 million subscribers as of March 2013, World of Warcraft
There's 11 Classes in this game, if we were to take 11 and divide it by 8, that means 1.3million (This is just an assumption and not actual fact since I really don't know the numbers) players most likely play a rogue.

Now let's look at what A LOT means:
A lot: very much; a great deal; to a large extent; frequently; often.

So by me saying A LOT, I am referring to the amount of rogues within the game (A lot can be anywhere from 20 to millions). I never specified how many and that doesn't mean just this site but in general. If I wanted to specify AJ. I would of easily said "A lot of rogues on AJ"; I just mentioned A LOT because there is a huge amount of rogues that I'm pretty sure prefer Mut/Combat over Sub for PvP. I can keep going, but you're just probably going to try and argue with me anyways.



You're just riding the train, you should stop now.

MVP many of your posts are helpful, but your ego is starting to get pretty big man. Gotta get down off that high horse.
Please review signature rules at: http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<