• Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:43 AM

View PostCreamo, on 18 June 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

I've been looking for some documentation on that HotW change, haven't found it yet. Guess I'll have to check out PTR.

I believe it was datamined on MMO, because now I can't find it either.  I'll keep an eye out and post it if I find it.

#42 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1602

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:35 AM

Added new stuff 6/20

General:
-Cyclone no longer has a 20-second cooldown for Feral Druids.

-Faerie Fire now has a duration of 20 seconds while in PvP combat (down from 40 seconds).

-Innervate now causes the target to gain mana equal to 50% of the casting Druid’s Spirit every second for 10 seconds. The total mana gained from this ability can never be less than 8% of the casting Druid's maximum mana, and the amount gained is unaffected by Mana Tide Totem.

Dream of Cenarius:
-Feral: Increases the amount healed by Healing Touch by 20%. Casting Healing Touch increases the damage for the Druid's next two melee abilities by 25%. causes the Druid's next Rip to deal 15% increased damage.

-Guardian: Increases the amount healed by Healing Touch by 20%. Mangle (Bear) critical strikes have a 20% chance to make the next Healing Touch or Rebirth instant, free, and castable in all forms. Instant cast version of Healing Touch now benefits from Attack Power instead of Spell Power.

Force of Nature:
-Force of Nature Treant summoned by the Feral version of this talent will now cast Entangling Roots instead of Bash.

Soul of the Forest:
-Balance: Wrath, Starfire, and Starsurge casts have a 8% chance to cause Astral Communion to grant 100 Lunar Power or Solar Power instead of activating the next Eclipse.

Glyphs:
-Glyph of Ferocious Bite now causes Ferocious Bite to heal the Druid for 2% of their maximum health for each 10 Energy used (up from 1%).

-Glyph of the Master Shapeshifter now reduces the mana cost of all shapeshifts by 100% (up from 90%).

-Glyph of Pounce now increases the range of Pounce by 8 yards (up from 3 yards).

-Glyph of Skull Bash now increases the duration of Skull Bash's interrupt by 2 seconds, and increasing the cooldown by 5 seconds (down from a 4 second interrupt and 10 second increase to cooldown).

Balance
-Moonkin Form now increases the Druid's armor by 60%, but no longer reduces all damage taken by 15%.

Feral
-Predatory Swiftness no longer has a chance to make Cyclone instant, free, and castable in all forms.

Resto
-Living Seed effects can now stack, up to 50% of the casting Druid's maximum health.

#43 Zerud

Zerud

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

60 percent armor... just hilarious, absolutly hilarious.

Why not give us +30 arcane resistance or something like that, i'm pretty sure that would stop more damage

Edited by Zerud, 21 June 2013 - 12:40 PM.

#44 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:36 AM

View PostZerud, on 21 June 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

Why not give us +30 arcane resistance or something like that, i'm pretty sure that would stop more damage

http://www.arenajunk...20#entry3902913
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#45 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

View PostZerud, on 21 June 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

I'm trying VERY hard to keep the faith that there is more than this coming, but since when do they think that there is almost anything that doesn't bypass armor anymore?  And on top of that, this apparently means that we have to be like hpals and die in every single deep, hooray!  I'm usually not one to just bitch, but I hate this change.

#46 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

View PostUdderly, on 22 June 2013 - 05:16 AM, said:

I'm trying VERY hard to keep the faith that there is more than this coming, but since when do they think that there is almost anything that doesn't bypass armor anymore?  And on top of that, this apparently means that we have to be like hpals and die in every single deep, hooray!  I'm usually not one to just bitch, but I hate this change.
They might as well have given us +15 to mace/staff/dagger skill (http://www.wowwiki.com/Weapon_skill for all you newish guys), that's how antiquated this whole armor thing is.

#47 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:39 AM

View Postfant0m8, on 22 June 2013 - 12:36 AM, said:

Inner fire in shadow form actually gives a decent amount of starting armor prior to the 60% modifier.

Here's how we are looking as balance druids (from my full tyrannical boomer)

17,832 in caster and moonkin form, roughly 10k less starting armor than the shadow priests.

Don't worry guys we can go bear form and hit 39k.

Get ready for sitting bear form come 5.4 when melee is on you.

#48 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

AMG - mmo-champ data mine shows NS baseline for Moonkin now too!!

Oh happy day  :duckers: :duckers: :duckers: :duckers: :duckers:

PLEASE BE TRUE!!

#49 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostUdderly, on 27 June 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

AMG - mmo-champ data mine shows NS baseline for Moonkin now too!!

Oh happy day  :duckers: :duckers: :duckers: :duckers: :duckers:

PLEASE BE TRUE!!
Well, it's a good start.

#50 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:24 AM

• Restoration
    • Living Seed effects can now stack, up to 50% of the casting Druid's maximum health, and will no longer be consumed if the target is already at full health.

#51 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:34 AM

I've been leveling my warlock HARD what did I miss?

#52 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

View PostHackattack3, on 02 July 2013 - 03:34 AM, said:

I've been leveling my warlock HARD what did I miss?

We get NS and can pick a tier 2 talent!  Clearly the day is won, oh happy day! =p

#53 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

Yay!

Did we get anything back for removing the damage reduction in moonkin form?

Without that revert or something to compensate, I'm not willing to get my hopes up for 5.4

#54 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

View PostHackattack3, on 02 July 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

Yay!

Did we get anything back for removing the damage reduction in moonkin form?

Without that revert or something to compensate, I'm not willing to get my hopes up for 5.4

Just an AWESOME boost to ARMOR!!!! It's just like good ol WOTLK, when we were completely UNTRAINABLE, right guys???.....guys???.....anybody????

Yea, they fucked that one up.....

#55 Hogardude

Hogardude
  • Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

Haha! Is baseline NS confirmed?

Btw some reduction on Barkskin CD, just like resto, would be cool.

#56 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostHogardude, on 02 July 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

Haha! Is baseline NS confirmed?

Btw some reduction on Barkskin CD, just like resto, would be cool.
Feral doesn't get NS, just balance and resto.

#57 xCluck

xCluck
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 1673

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

What exactly is the big deal with ferals having NS? I feel like ferals never having an instant clone is a little over the top.

edit: I mean, instant cc in general isn't good for the game, but an instant clone every one minute isn't really the biggest issue to be addressed with cc in the game.

Edited by xCluck, 02 July 2013 - 06:24 PM.

#58 Hogardude

Hogardude
  • Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostCreamo, on 02 July 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

Feral doesn't get NS, just balance and resto.

Sweet!

#59 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostUdderly, on 02 July 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

Just an AWESOME boost to ARMOR!!!! It's just like good ol WOTLK, when we were completely UNTRAINABLE, right guys???.....guys???.....anybody????

Yea, they fucked that one up.....

Udderly,

My boomkin brother <3 thanks for the updates and guides but unfortunately I'm stepping away from pvp on my boomer for 5.4.  I'll stay boomer for pve but switching to my warlock and hunter (MM) for pvp.

I never really noticed the lack of utility or how basic the damage rotation and options of boomers were till I started leveling my warlock.  You can just do a lot more in terms of debuffs (tongues & MS effect w/ demonology) and burst vs dot cleaving options.  I also feel that with the resource management system and cooldowns warlocks are one of higher skill classes at the moment.  

God speed my dot loving chickens, I'm sticking to dotting dragons.

#60 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

View PostxCluck, on 02 July 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

What exactly is the big deal with ferals having NS? I feel like ferals never having an instant clone is a little over the top.

edit: I mean, instant cc in general isn't good for the game, but an instant clone every one minute isn't really the biggest issue to be addressed with cc in the game.

I don't think it's a huge deal, except that let's not forget the other instant cc they have every 20 secs (roots/hibernate), as well as some of the talented stuff.  So they already do have a ton of instant cc, it's not like we are talking about none.

View PostHackattack3, on 02 July 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

Udderly,

My boomkin brother <3 thanks for the updates and guides but unfortunately I'm stepping away from pvp on my boomer for 5.4.  I'll stay boomer for pve but switching to my warlock and hunter (MM) for pvp.

I never really noticed the lack of utility or how basic the damage rotation and options of boomers were till I started leveling my warlock.  You can just do a lot more in terms of debuffs (tongues & MS effect w/ demonology) and burst vs dot cleaving options.  I also feel that with the resource management system and cooldowns warlocks are one of higher skill classes at the moment.  

God speed my dot loving chickens, I'm sticking to dotting dragons.

OK, I guess it's confession time.  I haven't touched my live Moonkin for like a month, due to limited play time and wanting to play with family/friends when I login (they aren't on my Moonkin's server).  Last night my brother and I played some 2s on TR and I decided to do some Moonkin since it's been ages and.....man do I agree with you Kellyo. I was just plain bored, after playing my WW monk (most fun class in game ATM, IMHO), Ele (my other main), and just goofing on alts I'm terrible at.  I miss WOTLK moonkin, where starfall was scary (not just part of the rotation) and I could wreak havoc with some .9 sec cast Wraths (the important word being CASTS!!!).

Moonkin is losing its luster for me, and I think it started when they stripped away a lot of our healing (number of spells, not throughput), made our mobility mean squat with so many gap closers (slowly over the years, but it's still happened), turned us into an insta dot machine, and changed the nature of the class.  I'm hoping my moonkin 'break' will help for a bit, while I enjoy my Ele not getting globaled for a change =D and actually having a fun melee.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5.4, druid, changes, updated, that, shiz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<