Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

View PostUdderly, on 13 June 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

From my understanding, though, the mana cost is only a single rejuv - so I can't see it being very mana intensive.  That of course may change, as they iterate the new druid design structure, but as it currently stands I don't see that turning into more of a mana sink than spam regrowth is currently - in fact it would be a mana and global cd savings.

Uhm, you have to cast 3 new rejuvenations after that, yes :D ?

#22 Centy

Centy
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2125

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 14 June 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

Yeah, though, if this works like creamo described, you could aswell use it for single target healing, in the place of regrowth, this way it 'd cost the exact same mana.

Edited by Centy, 14 June 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#23 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 14 June 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

Sure, absolutely.  But think of it this way - anytime someone gets in danger, you theoretically don't have to cast still, depending on how fast the genesis effect turns out to be (sounds like about 2-3 (or up to 4) seconds, depending on duration remaining of the rejuv).  Yes you spend one more global by applying the rejuv and then hitting genesis, but you've saved from having to stop moving and open yourself up to an interrupt with regrowth.  I just think this is something they are going to have to be VERY careful with - we may never see a druid cast again, outside of clone/roots, if this is too powerful (especially combined with the new shrooms).

Another thing that people forget is that you can use this ability to supercharge your shroom FAST.  At the start of the game hit the whole team with rejuv and then genesis and you'll have a moveable massive heal available right off the bat.  Pretty OP with the new mechanic of being one shroom and keeping the charge when you move it (and it currently doesn't have a reticle - you just aim it at your target and drop it, so you could easily have a macro to move it to your target you want to save and explode at the same time since bloom is off the global).

#24 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

You also remove rejuvenations from your entire team, not the best idea.

#25 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 14 June 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

You also remove rejuvenations from your entire team, not the best idea.

Sure it will require some thought in that matter, but having an instant big heal like that with no cd looks very powerful.  We'll need some PTR testing I guess, before we can say much more.

#26 Shiningday

Shiningday
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/1/0
  • 3v3: 2073
  • RBG: 192

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

I tried it on PTR, it's pretty cool & fun ability. If u use genesis right after u put reju on somebody, it'll reduce duration of reju to 3 sec+-.
The new glyph is not implemented yet but the glyph of cyclone is better anyway. Moreover, u don't rly need that extra healing from it because now you can pick cenarion ward talent.
25% extra healing during hotw won't make it to live imo, it'd be too good.
Oh and new mushroom is just awesome <3

#27 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostShiningday, on 14 June 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

I tried it on PTR, it's pretty cool & fun ability. If u use genesis right after u put reju on somebody, it'll reduce duration of reju to 3 sec+-.
The new glyph is not implemented yet but the glyph of cyclone is better anyway. Moreover, u don't rly need that extra healing from it because now you can pick cenarion ward talent.
25% extra healing during hotw won't make it to live imo, it'd be too good.
Oh and new mushroom is just awesome <3

Do you miss the targeting reticule on the mushroom at all?  Hamlet from EJ was asking people about this yesterday and I feel like this might be a bonus for PvP, even though it removes flexibility in PvE.  Now you can macro to each of your teammates and not worry about targeting I would think.

#28 Shiningday

Shiningday
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/1/0
  • 3v3: 2073
  • RBG: 192

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostUdderly, on 14 June 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

Do you miss the targeting reticule on the mushroom at all?  Hamlet from EJ was asking people about this yesterday and I feel like this might be a bonus for PvP, even though it removes flexibility in PvE.  Now you can macro to each of your teammates and not worry about targeting I would think.
Yop, if u have no target, mushroom appears under you. If u target an ally, it appears under him/her.

#29 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostUdderly, on 14 June 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

It changes the dynamic of mushroom quite a lot. Before, mushrooms were quite a defensive spell. You'd never have them in an offensive position, so the heal could never be used when you're pushing up or going for a kill, now you can move it AND keep the healing. I'm going to miss leaping to shrooms of Blades Edge etc but being able to move it to your team mates is awesome.

@List of changes

The Innervate change is stupid. Now makes it useless for Ferals and Guardians (unless you weapon swap). I don't see why they didn't just remove it for Ferals/Guardians and keep it as it is. My Feral has 300 spirit buffed, which'll give whoever i cast it on 1500 mana. Might as well remove it from my bars.

Dream of Cenarius is interesting, but I still don't see it being taken over Heart of the Wild. 10% extra damage on an eclipse isn't amazing when you're comparing it to 200k healing touches.

Glad HotW gives an increase in healing for Resto Druids. It's definitely the clear cut choice out of all the tier 6 talents for Resto, especially since the NV change.

I don't think Ysera's gift will be taken in PvP really. Cenarion Ward is probably better for just about everyone. Maybe Ferals will take it, and have some sort of passive Recuperate.

I'm not sure I like the new Soul of the Forest for Boomkin. I was having loads of fun utilising instant root with treants for clutch clones / beams etc. Having an 8% chance on hardcasts to hit eclipse seems awful for PvP.

Genesis seems like a good spell, and is an interesting way of helping Resto Druids survive against high burst teams. It'll be interesting to see the output on rotating rejuvs on people and spamming genesis over and over against rush down comps.

Overall conclusion: A lot of changes. Not sure whether I like a lot of them. I like the direction they are taking Resto Druids, but I'm not sure what the fuck they are doing to Boomkins, they need some real love. Feral doesn't appear to change much at all, apart from the lack of NS.

Edited by Snuggli, 14 June 2013 - 04:20 PM.

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#30 sounds

sounds
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/1/.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

Wonder if Ysera's gift will actually go through, granted Cenarion ward is probably the better pick most of the time.

OT: Tempted to resub and gear up my druid to play boomy though :)

#31 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2315
  • 3v3: 2744
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

Genesis seems like a good spell

Seems op as hell to me right now. You can rejuv and genesis spam indefinately which is going to make anything that relies on spread pressure or sustained over burst to be be trivialised completely by it.

Edited by Korzul, 14 June 2013 - 05:48 PM.

#32 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:19 AM

View PostSnuggli, on 14 June 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

It changes the dynamic of mushroom quite a lot. Before, mushrooms were quite a defensive spell. You'd never have them in an offensive position, so the heal could never be used when you're pushing up or going for a kill, now you can move it AND keep the healing. I'm going to miss leaping to shrooms of Blades Edge etc but being able to move it to your team mates is awesome.

@List of changes

The Innervate change is stupid. Now makes it useless for Ferals and Guardians (unless you weapon swap). I don't see why they didn't just remove it for Ferals/Guardians and keep it as it is. My Feral has 300 spirit buffed, which'll give whoever i cast it on 1500 mana. Might as well remove it from my bars.

Dream of Cenarius is interesting, but I still don't see it being taken over Heart of the Wild. 10% extra damage on an eclipse isn't amazing when you're comparing it to 200k healing touches.

Glad HotW gives an increase in healing for Resto Druids. It's definitely the clear cut choice out of all the tier 6 talents for Resto, especially since the NV change.

I don't think Ysera's gift will be taken in PvP really. Cenarion Ward is probably better for just about everyone. Maybe Ferals will take it, and have some sort of passive Recuperate.

I'm not sure I like the new Soul of the Forest for Boomkin. I was having loads of fun utilising instant root with treants for clutch clones / beams etc. Having an 8% chance on hardcasts to hit eclipse seems awful for PvP.

Genesis seems like a good spell, and is an interesting way of helping Resto Druids survive against high burst teams. It'll be interesting to see the output on rotating rejuvs on people and spamming genesis over and over against rush down comps.

Overall conclusion: A lot of changes. Not sure whether I like a lot of them. I like the direction they are taking Resto Druids, but I'm not sure what the fuck they are doing to Boomkins, they need some real love. Feral doesn't appear to change much at all, apart from the lack of NS.

Don't know if you noticed that HOTW got nerfed by 50%, so I wouldnt say its easy to just pick it over the other two (probably still is, but the healing nerf is substantial).

#33 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:20 AM

I actually put up a blog on my site about the moonkin changes if anyone is interested in reading - always love the conversation from posts.  Thanks for reading =D
lazerchicken.com

#34 Centy

Centy
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • RBG: 2125

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:10 AM

View PostUdderly, on 15 June 2013 - 02:19 AM, said:

Don't know if you noticed that HOTW got nerfed by 50%, so I wouldnt say its easy to just pick it over the other two (probably still is, but the healing nerf is substantial).

Mean nerfed hotw healing for non resto as it is now?

#35 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostCenty, on 16 June 2013 - 03:10 AM, said:

Mean nerfed hotw healing for non resto as it is now?

for non Resto it used to buff healing by 50% and 5.4 currently shows it as 25%, probably to make us consider the other two talents.  It will make the choice more interesting at least, though I'm not sure if it will matter.

#36 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

I hope they don't gut hybrid off healing again :(

#37 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1602

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostUdderly, on 16 June 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

for non Resto it used to buff healing by 50% and 5.4 currently shows it as 25%, probably to make us consider the other two talents.  It will make the choice more interesting at least, though I'm not sure if it will matter.

Heart of the Wild when activated, now also provides a 25% bonus to healing for Restoration Druids.
I believe you may have misinterpreted this?

#38 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

No he didn't. He means that Hotw was nerfed for hybrids, so they couldnt heal like a 2nd healer for 40 seconds. But it got a buff for resto druids while active (instead of being a passive 6% int only).

#39 ripprape93

ripprape93
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • RBG: 576

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

welcome to Olympus brothers.

#40 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1602

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:21 AM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 17 June 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

No he didn't. He means that Hotw was nerfed for hybrids, so they couldnt heal like a 2nd healer for 40 seconds. But it got a buff for resto druids while active (instead of being a passive 6% int only).
I've been looking for some documentation on that HotW change, haven't found it yet. Guess I'll have to check out PTR.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5.4, druid, changes, updated, that, shiz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<