• Worgenclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1602

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:45 AM

Edited 8/3/13
General

Bear Form now increases Stamina contribution from cloth and leather items by 40% (up from 20%).
    Cyclone no longer has a 20-second cooldown for Feral Druids.
    Faerie Fire now has a duration of 20 seconds while in PvP combat (down from 40 seconds).
    Innervate now restores mana based on the Druid’s Spirit.
    Teleport: Moonglade now returns the Druid to a location near their original departure point when the spell is cast while in the Moonglade area.
    Wild Mushroom for Restoration Druids now summons a single mushroom at the friendly target’s location. If the mushroom is recast, the mushroom moves to the new location and retains its accumulated bonus healing. A single mushroom now heals for as much as what 3 mushrooms combined healed for previously.

Wild Mushroom and Wild Mushroom: Bloom now have a shared 3-second cooldown.

Wrath has its mana cost increased by 50%.

Balance

Eclipse now energizes the Druid for 50% of their maximum mana when triggered, up from 35%.
    Moonkin Form now increases the Druid's armor by 60%, but no longer reduces all damage taken by 15%.
    Starfire has its mana cost increased by 50%.
    Starsurge has its mana cost increased by 50%.

Feral

Predatory Swiftness no longer has a chance to make Cyclone instant, free, and castable in all forms.

Restoration

Genesis is a new Restoration spell learned at level 88. Genesis targets all party or raid members within 60 yards and accelerates the casting Druid's Rejuvenation effects, causing them to heal and expire at 400% of the normal rate. Costs the same amount of mana to cast as Rejuvenation.
    Living Seed effects can now stack, up to 50% of the casting Druid's maximum health, and will no longer be consumed if the target is already at full health.
    Swiftmend's area-of-effect healing effect is now called Efflorescence.
    Wild Mushroom: Bloom is no longer capable of critical strikes, and accumulates overhealing done by Rejuvenation by 100%, down from 150%. Overhealing bonus no longer benefits from Naturalist or Mastery: Harmony.

Talents

Astral Communion now defaults to generating Lunar energy towards a Lunar Eclipse when used after being resurrected or zoning into a new area (used to default to generating Solar energy).
    Dream of Cenarius has been completely redesigned to reduce complexity and increase usability, but maintain the spirit of the effects. Benefits now vary by specialization.

Balance: Increases the amount healed by Healing Touch by 20%. Casting Healing Touch increases the damage bonus of the Druid's next Eclipse by 10%.
        Feral: Increases the amount healed by Healing Touch by 20%. Casting Healing Touch increases the damage for the Druid's next two melee abilities by 25%.
        Guardian: Increases the amount healed by Healing Touch by 20%. Mangle (Bear) critical strikes have a 20% chance to make the next Healing Touch or Rebirth instant, free, and castable in all forms. Instant cast version of Healing Touch now benefits from Attack Power instead of Spell Power.
        Restoration: Causes Wrath to deal 20% more damage and heals a nearby friendly target for 100% of the damage done.

Force of Nature

Feral: Treant summoned by the Feral version of this talent will now cast Entangling Roots instead of Bash.
        Guardian: Guardian Druids now gain Vengeance when their Treant takes damage.

Heart of the Wild when activated, now also provides a 25% bonus to healing for Restoration Druids.
    Mass Entanglement no longer has a limit on the number of targets that could be affected, up from 5.
    Nature's Swiftness is no longer a talent, and is now an ability learned by Balance and Restoration Druids at level 30.

New talent: Ysera's Gift. Ysera's Gift replaces Nature's Swiftness, and heals the Druid for 5% of their maximum health every 5 seconds. If the Druid is at full health, it will heal the most injured friendly target nearby instead.

Nature’s Vigil when activated, causes healing spells now trigger an additional heal on a nearby ally for 25% of the amount healed. This is in addition to the existing effect where it damages a nearby enemy target for 25% of the healing done.
    Soul of the Forest has been partially redesigned to make it more attractive to Balance, Guardian, and Restoration Druids.

Balance: Wrath, Starfire, and Starsurge casts have a 8% chance to cause Astral Communion to grant 100 Lunar Power or Solar Power instead of activating the next Eclipse.
        Guardian: Increases Rage generation from Mangle (Bear) by 30% instead of an additional 3 Rage, and this talent now also applies to the Rage generated by Mangle (Bear) when it triggers Primal Fury.
        Restoration: Now causes the Druid to gain 100% haste (up from 75%) on their next spell after casting Swiftmend.

Glyphs

Major Glyphs

Glyph of Fae Silence will now cause Faerie Fire to interrupt when used on targets that are immune to silence effects.
        Glyph of Ferocious Bite now causes Ferocious Bite to heal the Druid for 2% of their maximum health for each 10 Energy used (up from 1%).
        Glyph of Frenzied Regeneration now increases Frenzied Regeneration's cost to 50 Rage (down from increasing Rage cost to 60).
        Glyph of Innervate now causes Innervate to give both the Druid and the target 60% of the normal effect of the spell if it's cast on a target other than the Druid.
        Glyph of Lifebloom's effect is now baseline and has been replaced with Glyph of Efflorescence.

Glyph of Efflorescence increases the healing done by Swiftmend by 20%, causes the Efflorescence healing effect to be triggered by Wild Mushroom instead of Swiftmend, and lasts as long as the Wild Mushroom is active.

Glyph of Master Shapeshifter now reduces the mana cost of all shapeshifts by 100% (up from 90%).
        Glyph of Nature’s Grasp now reduces the cooldown of Nature’s Grasp by 60 seconds (up from 30 seconds).
        Glyph of Pounce now increases the range of Pounce by 8 yards (up from 3 yards).
        Glyph of Skull Bash now increases the duration of Skull Bash's interrupt by 2 seconds, and increasing the cooldown by 5 seconds (down from a 4 second interrupt and 10 second increase to cooldown).
        Glyph of the Moonbeast's effect is now baseline and has been replaced with Glyph of Guided Stars.

Glyph of Guided Stars causes Starfall to only hit targets affected by the Druid's Moonfire or Sunfire.

New Minor Glyphs

Glyph of One With Nature: Grants the Druid the ability to teleport to a random natural location.
        Glyph of the Sprouting Mushroom: Allows the Wild Mushroom spell to be placed on the ground instead of underneath a target.

#2 denked

denked
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Balance 0/0/0/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1924

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

Wild Mushroom: Bloom is no longer capable of critical strikes, and accumulates overhealing done by Rejuvenation by 100%, down from 150%. Overhealing bonus no longer benefits from Naturalist or Mastery: Harmony.

Heart of the Wild when activated, now also provides a 25% bonus to healing for Restoration Druids.

New Glyph: Glyph of Efflorescence increases the healing done by Swiftmend by 20%, causes the Efflorescence healing effect to be triggered by Wild Mushroom instead of Swiftmend, and lasts as long as the Wild Mushroom is active.

couple of extra bits from the blizz ptr post.

#3 Zerud

Zerud

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

Great, so we're back to tbc/wotlk/cata. Sit moonkin all game and collect

#4 Shiningday

Shiningday
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/1/0
  • 3v3: 2073
  • RBG: 192

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

It's too good to be true

#5 Michaelltnt

Michaelltnt
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2525

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

Ey blizzard, u retarded ?

These changes make no sense. Nerfing boomkins even more GG, wuts left shity ass skin aint gonne safe us from them melee cleaves lol...

#6 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2250
  • 3v3: 3104
  • RBG: 2632
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

That new spell Genesis looks quite cool. If I understood it correct, it could counter things like Demon Soul from the affliction warlock.

#7 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

I'm praying Holinka will come back and tell us some of this datamining is inaccurate.  We are losing NS (going resto only) and 15% damage reduction on form?  That is a BRUTAL knock to survivability.

#8 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

View PostTteSPORTSDoomsen, on 12 June 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

That new spell Genesis looks quite cool. If I understood it correct, it could counter things like Demon Soul from the affliction warlock.

I do agree with you here that Genesis does look interesting, but losing NS just sounds sad.  Baseline for Moonkin too please!!!

#9 Alydrian

Alydrian
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2158

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

changing IV to buff it in pve, fuck ye. back to the roots, innervate staff inc
Posted Image

#10 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

These changes look good for resto but brutal for balance.  Let's just hope they don't take away NS and 15% damage reduction.  Not sure how we are supposed to survive any type of cleave/pressure.  If I can't NS clone a hunter that popped BW he's going to push my shit in with that extra 50% arcane shot spam.

#11 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

View PostHackattack3, on 12 June 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

These changes look good for resto but brutal for balance.  Let's just hope they don't take away NS and 15% damage reduction.  Not sure how we are supposed to survive any type of cleave/pressure.  If I can't NS clone a hunter that popped BW he's going to push my shit in with that extra 50% arcane shot spam.

After I complained about the dmg reduction nerf, I realized that there must be a change to resil coming (or one would hope) since they seem to have removed or reduced them across the board (LOL hunters still at 10% tho).  The NS nerf BLOWS if it's real, but I'm holding out (slight) hope that there is a resil buff coming to compensate the dmg reduction nerf.

#12 wuph

wuph
  • Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

I really do not understand the thinking behind these changes, they are all so random! Balance druids need the buffs more than resto does, and yet balance is the only spec not being buffed but nerfed..

#13 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:05 AM

Updated from http://us.battle.net...6_11_2013#druid. Will keep updating as stuff changes!

also wtf@balance's SotF?!?

#14 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostCreamo, on 13 June 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

Updated from http://us.battle.net...6_11_2013#druid. Will keep updating as stuff changes!

also wtf@balance's SotF?!?

Yea it is such a weird change.  In my guide, I always pointed to the old version of that talent for newer players, since it makes it easier to stay in eclipse and not think about it - now there isn't a simple choice in that tier, all of them require some thinking for a new player.  Just makes more for them to manage in the beginning is all.

#15 Centy

Centy
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2125

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

Hello people this is my first post x)

Anyhow i just wanted to ask if anyone knows more about this new Genesis spell, like, how it's gonna work and such.. I dont see it having any cooldown, but doesnt really make sense like that.

Edited by Centy, 13 June 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#16 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostCenty, on 13 June 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

Hello people this is my forst post x)

Anyhow i just wanted to ask if anyone knows more about this new Genesis spell, like, how it's gonna work and such.. I dont see it having any cooldown, but doesnt really make sense like that.
It appears to be something similar to an aoe swiftmend, at least with this wording. I'd assume at least a 2-3 min cd, since it seems awful strong, and geared to counter 3 min offensive cd's.

#17 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

Holy shit man :D Resto druids are going to be the healer version of fucking Hunters.

Good shit LOL. Hope it all stays!

#18 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostCreamo, on 13 June 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

It appears to be something similar to an aoe swiftmend, at least with this wording. I'd assume at least a 2-3 min cd, since it seems awful strong, and geared to counter 3 min offensive cd's.

I actually don't think this is true.  We (the druid theorycrafting community) had extensive twitter discussions yesterday about the changes, and the consensus seems to be that this will play a role similar to uplift does for monks.  It will have no cd, and looks to be extremely OP against dot teams (three rejuvs into genesis to get a ton of healing quickly for all three players).  This, coupled with the shroom and swiftmend glyph (detaches efflorescence from swiftmend and permanently attaches it to shroom so that it's always on), might be humongous in making rdruids OP.  We will have to see how the numbers all play out, but it certainly means less casting needed for druids (of regrowth).

#19 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

I think it's supposed to be a way to deal with heavy aoe damage (besides WG). It will also serve as a mana sink. But it will definetly be huge for PvP against any DK / Lock teams.

#20 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 13 June 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

I think it's supposed to be a way to deal with heavy aoe damage (besides WG). It will also serve as a mana sink. But it will definetly be huge for PvP against any DK / Lock teams.

From my understanding, though, the mana cost is only a single rejuv - so I can't see it being very mana intensive.  That of course may change, as they iterate the new druid design structure, but as it currently stands I don't see that turning into more of a mana sink than spam regrowth is currently - in fact it would be a mana and global cd savings.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5.4, druid, changes, updated, that, shiz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<