Help

5.4 Possible paladin updates

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#21 Clolien

Clolien
  • Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

I hope this don't go live, i rather see other changes then this...

#22 Palyx

Palyx
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1447
  • 3v3: 1636

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostMaticzor, on 12 June 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

Glyph of Turn Evil will be redesigned meaning fear wont be instant. Obviously not gonna happen after they changed blood fear, they wont return it to another class, and if they choose it they lose repentance.. so they gain nothing other than a different school/DR? (also harder to break than rep)

Assuming that it like a normal fear then not only will it be more difficult to break but also a longer duration.  Obviously this might be useless depending on what your going to play.

#23 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostRadejjj, on 12 June 2013 - 04:15 AM, said:

It won't be instant, theyre redoing the glyph, and we have to choose between fear and repent. I don't think its as big of a change as people are making it out to be, but it does give us a lot more synergy with hunters, and anything else that has cc on the repent dr. THe unbreakable spirit change is actually REALLY nice, 30 second divine protection, and 2.5 min bubble.

wait
If I have fear instead of repent, I CAN CC THINGS WHEN IM PLAYING WITH A DK. 5.4 here I come

Exactly. Fear is a whole different ballgame from a disorient like repent. Especially a ranged fear.

I'm not going to say that Holy Pallies will be OP with this change, but it's a very dangerous idea.

Pallies already play best with classes like Hunters and DKs (and Warriors - deep wounds won't be a problem with these changes), not sure that they need more synergy.

Again, Pally viability remains to be seen, but I hope Blizz is very cautious when it comes to giving *more* CC to healers.

Edited by fant0m8, 12 June 2013 - 05:02 PM.

Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#24 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1985
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2252

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

why would they give us more CC ? Thats not the problem with paladins, they are changing the wrong things

#25 vacantt

vacantt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • RBG: 384

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

mostly bad changes.  none of these address current holy paladin problems.

Edited by vacantt, 12 June 2013 - 06:42 PM.

#26 melignent

melignent
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/2/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 1340

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

None of these help us at all.. Fear is not insta cast they already stated the glyph is being removed which in my opinion is a nerf bcuz fear just gives us more synergy with other classes and yes u can still damage target while feared. But let's say we go repent we can't insta fear dk and pet, psyfiend nor lock pets which I think is very key.

They should make its a free cast unless taking the talent then making it a 1.5-2sec cast.  

Also prism is by far better than exe sentence no matter how you see it. Bigger burst healing and able to heal several targets.

Also I'd rather take 2 bops/freedoms/sacs over 2.5min bubble anyday of the week. You get more utility with this.

All in all I feel that these updates are useless and totally disregards any need we need ATM.

Want to fix hpallys? Easy!  Give us stronger eternal flame and undispellable too.  20-30% cc reduction for hpallys. Wow I fixed hpallys!

Ur welcome blizzard!! Free of charge!

Edited by melignent, 12 June 2013 - 05:44 PM.

#27 Cptparasret

Cptparasret
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • LocationFinland

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

Dont think its even worth going that fear just drs with blind and i rly doubt its gonna go out like that. FoJ is much better imo, but i guess it depends what comp u play

#28 Clolien

Clolien
  • Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

View Postmelignent, on 12 June 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

None of these help us at all.. Fear is not insta cast they already stated the glyph is being removed which in my opinion is a nerf bcuz fear just gives us more synergy with other classes and yes u can still damage target while feared. But let's say we go repent we can't insta fear dk and pet, psyfiend nor lock pets which I think is very key.

They should make its a free cast unless taking the talent then making it a 1.5-2sec cast.  

Also prism is by far better than exe sentence no matter how you see it. Bigger burst healing and able to heal several targets.

Also I'd rather take 2 bops/freedoms/sacs over 2.5min bubble anyday of the week. You get more utility with this.

All in all I feel that these updates are useless and totally disregards any need we need ATM.

Want to fix hpallys? Easy!  Give us stronger eternal flame and undispellable too.  20-30% cc reduction for hpallys. Wow I fixed hpallys!

Ur welcome blizzard!! Free of charge!

Totally Agree!

#29 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

does this happen to anyone else but me?

http://www.twitch.tv/mirion1/c/2415298

feels so pointless to even try and play a paladin in this patch unless you have a hunter, enh, feral or dk to carry you..

#30 Cyanne

Cyanne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination
  • RBG: 768

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostVlada, on 12 June 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

why would they give us more CC ? Thats not the problem with paladins, they are changing the wrong things

Well the thing is they aren't giving us more cc. You'll have to choose between this and rep. And it has the same 15sec cd as rep.

#31 Aoedin

Aoedin
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

I'd like to point out that changes such as buffing eternal flame and giving paladins passive CC reduction would greatly affect PvE. A possible buff can be something that makes eternal flame 20% more effective in arena and battle grounds, but I am not sure if the development team has this sort of coding technology.

#32 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

Or do like they did with locks, make the 4set pvp increase healing by 10%

#33 Amex

Amex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2187
  • 3v3: 2880

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

dispellcleave shall be reborn

#34 melignent

melignent
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/2/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 1340

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:33 PM

how does 20% cc reduction effect pve? not really imo. how often are you feared,pollyd, stunnd etc etc in pve? not often if at all.... eternal flame i understand

Edited by melignent, 12 June 2013 - 11:33 PM.

#35 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

View Postmelignent, on 12 June 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

how does 20% cc reduction effect pve? not really imo. how often are you feared,pollyd, stunnd etc etc in pve? not often if at all.... eternal flame i understand

It's not often at all, but when it does happen tell me you can't see high end raiders being pissed.  There are times you get stunned/etc. on a boss mechanic, though they are certainly few.

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 384

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:51 PM

View PostMirionx, on 12 June 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

feels so pointless to even try and play a paladin in this patch unless you have a hunter, enh, feral or dk to carry you..

Guardian is bugged (I'm assuming? Could be intended) and double dipping with battle fatigue, instead of replicating the heal in full, if you FoL for 50k, guardian is then affected by battle fatigue again+MS, and heals for 25k. I haven't actually tested it, but I wouldn't be surprised if beacon is the same way. PHDK can actually kill you in the opener now too, its so ridiculously hard to heal through necros on yourself, not to mention wizards can still 100-0 you through DP.

I know a lot of people ask from better ways to deal with cc, but ive always felt like that is the weakness of paladins and a positioning/partner problem, we've always had little/no reactive healing, but really strong output if we can stand and cast. Now it feels like our output is shitty and people can just die through spam heals. Every other healer has as much output as us spamming heals, on top of healing a million hots ticking. Sacred shield should be baseline, eternal flame should be buffed and just a clickable hot like rejuv/renew

Edited by Radejjj, 12 June 2013 - 11:56 PM.

#37 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:26 AM

View PostMirionx, on 12 June 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

Time to PHD that shit right back at them!

P.s. Your Shaman is bad at math :(

Edited by Feliclandelo, 13 June 2013 - 01:43 AM.

#38 Gesus

Gesus
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1403
  • LocationFL

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

Just fix us already!

#39 Matduke

Matduke
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Balance 2/2/2/2/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2314
  • 3v3: 2876
  • 5v5: 1533
  • RBG: 960

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:17 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 12 June 2013 - 11:51 PM, said:

Sacred shield should be baseline, eternal flame should be buffed and just a clickable hot like rejuv/renew

This. So much this.

Edited by Matduke, 16 June 2013 - 09:18 AM.

#40 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostRadejjj, on 12 June 2013 - 04:15 AM, said:

It won't be instant, theyre redoing the glyph, and we have to choose between fear and repent. I don't think its as big of a change as people are making it out to be.
It's actually quite big. It won't break on damage, so u can play and cc with dot classes now, you will be able to avoid mechanisms like: shapeshift / sw: death. Most importantly as you mentioned, you will have better synergy with hunters. Having a choice between multiple forms of cc is a dangerous proposition, now that you see the enemy composition before the game starts:
-They can tremor my fear -> I'll rep them
-They can shift my rep -> I'll fear them.

They should just address holy paladin issues and not mess with cc dynamics in the game, especially healer cc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<