Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 21:53. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

shadow priest dmg reduction gone

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#41 Nerdstomperr

Nerdstomperr
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1493
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 2141
  • RBG: 1896

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

can we just revert the class forum change please?

play a shadowpriest before you make statements like that.. hell play a cloth class vs melee before you say something like that.

why becuz hunter and ret and farel dmg is dumb atm ? point is invalid

#42 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

about time a cloth class wont beable to out tank plate armor oh wait they do that now on live

why becuz hunter and ret and farel dmg is dumb atm ? point is invalid

my point was invalid because you are incapable of playing your class right? play a cloth class vs melee .. not just hunter ret feral melee in general and then speak to me about tanking damage..

you just validated my point that we should A) Revert the class forums to junkies only B) You are in fact missing brain cells.

you're probably someone who dies to a water elemental and screams for nerfs on the blizzard forums.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#43 Nerdstomperr

Nerdstomperr
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:10 AM

my point was invalid because you are incapable of playing your class right? play a cloth class vs melee .. not just hunter ret feral melee in general and then speak to me about tanking damage..

you just validated my point that we should A) Revert the class forums to junkies only :duckers: You are in fact missing brain cells.

you're probably someone who dies to a water elemental and screams for nerfs on the blizzard forums.

I do have cloth class and they are op compard to my warrior I find wizaRDS MOST OP THING IN THE GAME like I said your point is invalid

killing people in a deep must be hard for your mage

#44 Bootzx

Bootzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/1/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1642
  • 3v3: 2271
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1474

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:24 AM

I do have cloth class and they are op compard to my warrior I find wizaRDS MOST OP THING IN THE GAME like I said your point is invalid

Then stop playing a warrior or wait for an overhaul of bullshit like your class had in 5.1. You also have more damage reduction from armor than a priest with inner fire and more damage reduction in Defensive stance than a shadow priest in form.

#45 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

disgusting lol

Edited by Djandawg, 23 June 2013 - 04:45 PM.

#46 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:19 PM

can we just revert the class forum change please?

play a shadowpriest before you make statements like that.. hell play a cloth class vs melee before you say something like that.

Without going into the dicussion here about who's dad is stronger, then most cloth classes actually have really great survivability compared to plate and mail classes. A Shadopriest will have 43000 armor, compared to my plate wearing retribution paladin with only 32000 armor. So the remark he made, despite being a bit cocky, does hold some truth.

On the other hand, a discipline priest has 27.000 armor with inner fire (almost the same as my retribution paladin) and of top of that takes -30% dmg when attacked. What kind of armor you wear became irrelevant in Cataclysm. The problem is that Blizzard haven't realised it, as to why my paladincan still die in a deepfreeze with divine protection up. We used to be balanced around having high armor, and being weak to casters because of that, but now we are just targets for anyone.

Remember I'm talking about paladins here, since warriors already have a 25% dmg reduction simply by being in defensive stance, which coupled with their armor is really good vs. physical classes for obvious reasons. I was simply trying to make a point that he did have some truth in his comment.

#47 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

im sry that you are a mindless cata rogue complaining about dmg reduction when you have cloth and leather class should die faster not beable to tank + priest have bubble to asorbe dmg ontop of healing them selfs so pls stop making your self look bad.

I try VERY hard not to bash anyone on these forums, since I think it's a plague that already exists, but please think before you respond. Your posts in this thread sound like zero thought has gone into them and you're just angry typing - that never works out well. This is why those of us who actually try to contribute positively still get to hear all of the 'revert access to junkies' posts. Thanks and have a nice day.

#48 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationPrince Edward Island

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

I am really thinking that they are going to up base resilience more. 5.4 release is a long ways away... And this change can't go live as is. Holinka has hinted that they aren't done yet, and that tweaking base resilience could be an option. In which case, this nerf makes a lot of sense. Can't have you sitting at 15% reduction @ 70% base resil, can we?

Also, can we get more moderation please?

#49 Vamel

Vamel
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/1/0/.
  • RBG: 192

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

Shadow

• Shadowform Assume a Shadowform, increasing your Shadow damage by 25%, reducing all damage done to you by 15%, and increasing all party and raid members spell haste by 5%. However, you may not cast Holy spells while in this form. Priest - Shadow Spec. 2.6% of Base Mana. Instant.

yeah seems legit....

gonna die in 2secs against hunters instead of 3seconds

Shadowform now increases the Priest's armor by 60%, but no longer reduces all damage taken by 15%.

#50 Vamel

Vamel
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/1/0/.
  • RBG: 192

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

same with boomkin +60% increase armor in owl form

#51 Nerdstomperr

Nerdstomperr
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

Without going into the dicussion here about who's dad is stronger, then most cloth classes actually have really great survivability compared to plate and mail classes. A Shadopriest will have 43000 armor, compared to my plate wearing retribution paladin with only 32000 armor. So the remark he made, despite being a bit cocky, does hold some truth.

On the other hand, a discipline priest has 27.000 armor with inner fire (almost the same as my retribution paladin) and of top of that takes -30% dmg when attacked. What kind of armor you wear became irrelevant in Cataclysm. The problem is that Blizzard haven't realised it, as to why my paladincan still die in a deepfreeze with divine protection up. We used to be balanced around having high armor, and being weak to casters because of that, but now we are just targets for anyone.

Remember I'm talking about paladins here, since warriors already have a 25% dmg reduction simply by being in defensive stance, which coupled with their armor is really good vs. physical classes for obvious reasons. I was simply trying to make a point that he did have some truth in his comment.

thank you some one seeing my point of view

#52 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

thank you some one seeing my point of view

if you think a cloth (even a spriest) takes less damage than a plate class .. youre mistaken by a huge margin - granted sure they may have more armor but who exactly is taking more damage and dying first?

i see an on going thing too .. since when did Deep freeze have anything to do with armor? nothing. never has .. never will.

dont encourage this idiot into thinking hes correct.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#53 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

you sir are a moron no wounder your name is fruityloops

and yes it does contributing has to do with dmg reduction witch I mention in my reply again a nother invalid point by some one dam people have no brain cells stop smoking the weed.

you seriously have had to use google translate to write that sentence in english because damn bro you have the english of a blind deaf mute infant born in china.

you have not contributed a single thing to this discussion besides the fact that you play a warrior and you die in a deep freeze... tell me more about how much of a bad idea it was to let people like you in on the forums who do nothing but bitch and complain on the blizzard forums.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

#54 Twoshorty

Twoshorty
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/2

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

Oh well, I got a 90 Enh Shaman now. :duckers:

Perfêct - Kel'Thuzard (Main) - Twoshorty - Kel'Thuzard (ALT)

#55 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

if you think a cloth (even a spriest) takes less damage than a plate class .. youre mistaken by a huge margin - granted sure they may have more armor but who exactly is taking more damage and dying first?

i see an on going thing too .. since when did Deep freeze have anything to do with armor? nothing. never has .. never will.

dont encourage this idiot into thinking hes correct.

Dying first=/=takes more damage. Just because an sp melts vs hunter cleaves, doesn't mean that a melee dps can tank them for much longer. An sp for example takes less physical dmg than a paladin without cds, but a ret can survive longer because he has better off heals and def cds.

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture... 

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#56 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

Dying first=/=takes more damage. Just because an sp melts vs hunter cleaves, doesn't mean that a melee dps can tank them for much longer. An sp for example takes less physical dmg than a paladin without cds, but a ret can survive longer because he has better off heals and def cds.

from what he mentioned is a spriest lasts longer due to tanking more damage which is not true by any means.. in fact according to him cloth classes tank more.. when we're talking about warriors sure that may be the case since warriors die in any stun / cc / small tropical storm .. but hes making it seem like oh woe is me spriests can take way more damage than i can.. then randomly blurts out OH YOURE A MAGE YOU KILL THINGS IN A DEEP FREEZE like every other idiot does on this forum when they cant seem to win an argument.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

#57 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:10 AM

from what he mentioned is a spriest lasts longer due to tanking more damage which is not true by any means.. in fact according to him cloth classes tank more.. when we're talking about warriors sure that may be the case since warriors die in any stun / cc / small tropical storm .. but hes making it seem like oh woe is me spriests can take way more damage than i can.. then randomly blurts out OH YOURE A MAGE YOU KILL THINGS IN A DEEP FREEZE like every other idiot does on this forum when they cant seem to win an argument.

Hit for hit, sps take less damage yes. However, sps have shit mobility and one def cd. In other words, they don't have the tools mages or locks have for example to create gaps/kiting distance to live longer, and therefore they are one of the easiest casters to train.

The answer to that is not passive reduction; it's mobility, a def cd or a root/slow. Passive damage reduction is bad for the game

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture... 

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#58 Aspegic

Aspegic
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • LocationSomewhere in Azeroth

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:30 AM

How many of you plays Priest? There is more melees comenting on this tread, instead of priest. So go comment on your foruns please, with all due respect to all leet players that have responded on this tread :)

/Salute

#59 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:24 AM

How many of you plays Priest? There is more melees comenting on this tread, instead of priest. So go comment on your foruns please, with all due respect to all leet players that have responded on this tread :)

/Salute

idk if you know how class forums work but ... ya.

i assume there is some change coming due to them getting rid of all damage reduction (afaik?) for classes.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

#60 Flöt

Flöt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:37 AM

Would giving shadow Focused Will be too much? The idea of a set bonus for reductions sounds good too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users