Braindeadly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

View PostLiveFreeOrDie, on 30 July 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

they systematically removed anything that made the class interesting and fun...

yea

#282 Slavens

Slavens
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2367
  • 3v3: 2947
  • RBG: 960

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostGrieverZ, on 24 July 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

• Disengage You attempt to leap backwards. Can only be used while in combat. Unlimited range. Instant. 20 sec cooldown.
Disengage usable out of combat seems to be intended.

Yeeeeeessssss

#283 nXile

nXile
  • Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostLiveFreeOrDie, on 30 July 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

they systematically removed anything that made the class interesting and fun...

The same can be said for a lot of classes.

I think that recently blizzard has been designing the game with the following assumptions in mind:
1.  Players like to see big numbers... so every expansion we'll unnecessarily increase everything by a factor of 10.
2.  Players have short attention spans... so every fight should end in ~3 seconds.
3.  Players don't like to think... so all abilities, talent trees, stats, content, ect.  should be watered down to the point where an average  3   year old could fully understand the game.

Whether or not their assumptions are accurate is hard to say...

#284 LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie
  • Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

Hunter Spec Identity
Long-term (ie: not for 5.4), we will be making some bigger changes to the Hunter class. It may not be a full class revamp (like the Warlock revamp in 5.0), but we do want to give the class a full once-over and make sure that the specs feel different and unique. We are not planning any further, class-wide mechanical changes for 5.4.

Maybe one day Survival will actually be about... you know... SURVIVAL... and not just a "dot spec"...

Maybe Marksmanship will actually be about... you know... MARKSMANSHIP ie aimed SINGLE shots that require some form of set up... and not just a passive/dull sustained machine gun spec with 2 kinds of auto-shots and arcane shot spam...

And maybe, just maybe... BM will actually be about THE PLAYER's active damage limited by LoS who merely shares some kind of symbiotic relationship with his pet...

The MM self-heal actually fits the survival spec... while MM should get the old Chimera Shot serpent sting proc and a new mastery which increases overall (weapon) damage or whatever...

Ofc the mongo devs will still claim it would be "too bursty" even without readiness, yet elemental shamans are fine in PvP and should be able to kill anything in 1-2 globals with a very similar mechanic...

Kill Command should be some sort of shot yet still somehow related to the pet... not just a pathetic hand (caster) animation that enables you to hit targets behind a pillar...
Warlords of Down Syndrome.

#285 nXile

nXile
  • Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

View PostLiveFreeOrDie, on 06 August 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

Maybe one day Survival will actually be about... you know... SURVIVAL... and not just a "dot spec"...

Maybe Marksmanship will actually be about... you know... MARKSMANSHIP ie aimed SINGLE shots that require some form of set up... and not just a passive/dull sustained machine gun spec with 2 kinds of auto-shots and arcane shot spam...

And maybe, just maybe... BM will actually be about THE PLAYER's active damage limited by LoS who merely shares some kind of symbiotic relationship with his pet...

The MM self-heal actually fits the survival spec... while MM should get the old Chimera Shot serpent sting proc and a new mastery which increases overall (weapon) damage or whatever...

Ofc the mongo devs will still claim it would be "too bursty" even without readiness, yet elemental shamans are fine in PvP and should be able to kill anything in 1-2 globals with a very similar mechanic...

Kill Command should be some sort of shot yet still somehow related to the pet... not just a pathetic hand (caster) animation that enables you to hit targets behind a pillar...

I really liked survival back in Vanilla/BC.  It was always a janky spec, but it was fun to play. If they brought it back with that sort of a flavor again, I might be tempted to play my hunter. And if not all of the specs, at least survival should be able to use melee weapons...

#286 Snakus

Snakus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

I've been thinking about how to make MM more interesting, since right now it's not much different than BM other than for the fact that you can't deal damage through pillars. I find both MM and BM super boring in MoP (survival too, it's just different than the two other) and since they mentioned trying to make the specs seem different in the future I thought this would be a good time to come up with ideas.

Thinking about Master Marksman and MM mastery I thought it would be cool if Master Marksman would stack up to 5-10 but gain stacks from both auto shots and wild quiver procs. Stacks wouldn't make Aimed Shot instant but rather increase it's damage by 5-10% per stack to give MM some of it's burst back (Aimed Shot damage should obviously be tuned accordingly). Also it would be cool if firing that casted Aimed Shot would increase the crit chance of your next Chimera Shot so you could actually set up some burst rather than spam Arcane Shots all day, because that has really made the class boring. Change like this would make both haste and mastery more appealing as right now they are really boring stats.

Fishing for those big Aimed+Chimera combos should be fun and rewarding rather than just dealing X% more damage than spamming Arcane Shots all day. Right now both of those MM exclusive signature shots seem to be weak since they cost a lot of focus, have cast time/cooldown and deal only marginally more damage than arcane shot.

PS. Haven't really played arenas since S6 other than capping alts in 2's so I only base my ideas off watching streams and reading forums. Also I hate BM, I only play it when I'm soloing old content for epic transmogs. BM should also be redesigned because ever since the start of TBC it has been super mongo friendly and only viable when it's over the top.

#287 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2027
  • 3v3: 2831
  • 5v5: 1534
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

New blue on MMO saying they are planning a overhaul of the 3 specs to represent their "Identity" better before 5.4 ships =) Yay
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#288 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:47 PM

View PostPouncedd, on 06 August 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

New blue on MMO saying they are planning a overhaul of the 3 specs to represent their "Identity" better before 5.4 ships =) Yay

Pretty sure it said not for 5.4
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#289 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:11 AM

MM needs to use Aimed Shot more, without a doubt. That's how you get them back to feeling unique.

First step is 100% chance on master marksman. Second is to nerf arcane shot, add back chimera - serpent proc, and buff the other signature shot damage too.

I might even go so far as to increase the focus cost and damage of Chimera, similar to what they want to do with Arcane next patch. Marks should be about just a few shots at a time, with downtime in between. Bring back the real burst.

All this would actually bring us maybe back towards the old mana playstyle, which I loved. RIP in peace AotV. :(
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#290 LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie
  • Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

View Postfant0m8, on 11 August 2013 - 04:11 AM, said:

MM needs to use Aimed Shot more, without a doubt. That's how you get them back to feeling unique.

First step is 100% chance on master marksman. Second is to nerf arcane shot, add back chimera - serpent proc, and buff the other signature shot damage too.

I might even go so far as to increase the focus cost and damage of Chimera, similar to what they want to do with Arcane next patch. Marks should be about just a few shots at a time, with downtime in between. Bring back the real burst.

All this would actually bring us maybe back towards the old mana playstyle, which I loved. RIP in peace AotV. :(

Amen brother!

Bring back true MM burst with focus... and maybe some form of aspect dancing, even if it's just a defensive iron hawk style aspect... blizzard has removed everything fun/challenging without any compensation whatsoever! It's boring to play yet another stupid "caster" class which only spams mediocre instant shots...

Dear Blizzard Entertainment: Please buff Aimed Shot!

#291 LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie
  • Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

Arcane Shot An instant shot that causes 165% weapon damage plus 4,184 125% weapon damage plus 2,378 as Arcane damage. Requires Ranged Weapon. 30 Focus. 40 yd range.

Marksmanship
Aimed Shot A powerful aimed shot that deals 350% ranged weapon damage plus 9,597 400% ranged weapon damage plus 12,612. Requires Ranged Weapon.

Okaaay :rolleyes:  ... so the arcane shot change was just a nerf after all...

#292 Dravern

Dravern
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1642
  • 3v3: 2285
  • 5v5: 672

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

nice buff to sv, i love playing it

#293 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447
  • RBG: 960

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

#neverforget

Posted Image

#294 amaixliu

amaixliu
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/1/1/0/2

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

haha bandet

Kill Command (Marksmanship, Survival) Give the command to kill, causing your pet to instantly inflict [ 1,047 + 105% 120.8% of RAP ] damage to its target and apply the Hunter's Mark effect.

wat is this, is this bad datamining or do mm/sv have kill command now

#295 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2818

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

nerf hunter to ground scum class

#296 LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie
  • Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:11 PM

View Postamaixliu, on 13 August 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

haha bandet

Kill Command (Marksmanship, Survival) Give the command to kill, causing your pet to instantly inflict [ 1,047 + 105% 120.8% of RAP ] damage to its target and apply the Hunter's Mark effect.

wat is this, is this bad datamining or do mm/sv have kill command now

Bad datamining... it's still BM only...

And aimed shot now does about the same damage as chimera shot... ~25-28k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<