• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

Because every post is 100% serious and never created as sarcasm or just to have a laugh.

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#42 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostGalaleo, on 12 June 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

I am a reasonable person I really am. I have played a few classes to high ratings including priest and agreed when they took life swap. I bitched a little when they took mass dispel at the same time as life swap because why completely ruin TWO major cooldowns at once, but I dealt with it. When I read the nerf to damage reduction I literally shook my head. Its almost like there was some weird drunken bet to see which class got completely gutted. This doesnt even make an ounce of sense.

Same here,

I've played lock, druid, and sham to glad.  Also played pally, mage, hunter, and priest to reasonable levels.

Although I've only been reasonably active with druid, mage, and hunter for Cata/mop but these changes are beyond ridiculous.  I can't even comprehend the removal of damage mitigation with the current state of the game.  

On a different note,

People seem to give all the credit/blame to Holinka but he seems to be the customer interface for the pvp community.  Who does he REALLY listen to when it comes to class changes/mechanics.  Who's behind the scenes responsible for balancing specific classes and specs.  Does has assign one person per class or one person per spec?  Does he have one people reasonable for balancing healers, one for melee, and one for ranged?  How he has set-up his brain trust can have a lot to do with current balance issues.

#43 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

It's actually rather funny how they removed passive dmg reduction from every class that had it except hunters where it was only nerfed.

Can't nerf hunters too much I guess, they really are underpowered atm.

:rolleyes:
Posted Image

#44 Galaleo

Galaleo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

View PostGrieverZ, on 12 June 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

Yeah, he dropped his Warlock main he's been playing from S1 to S11 (outside a little hiatus in S5 to try out the new DKs) to roll a Hunter.

Spoiler

hunter class post, cant take srs sorry

#45 frigidclam

frigidclam
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

I can't read :(

Edited by frigidclam, 12 June 2013 - 06:27 PM.

#46 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

View Postfrigidclam, on 12 June 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

First off hunters have ZERO passive damage reduction. Learn about a class before you cry about it and look like a fool. Second the talent they have which reduces damage was nerfed.
  • Aspect of the Iron Hawk The Hunter takes on the aspects of an iron hawk, increasing ranged attack power by 25%, and reducing all damage taken by 15% 10%. Only one Aspect can be active at a time. Replaces Aspect of the Hawk. Hunter - LvL 45 Talent. Instant. 1 sec cooldown.
Do you even attempt to read or just cry like 95% of people on these forums?

View PostVirent, on 12 June 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

It's actually rather funny how they removed passive dmg reduction from every class that had it except hunters where it was only nerfed.

Can't nerf hunters too much I guess, they really are underpowered atm.

:rolleyes:

And not to mention that a 5% nerf is barely anything compared to completely removing it.

Edited by Virent, 12 June 2013 - 06:26 PM.

Posted Image

#47 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

View Postfrigidclam, on 12 June 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

I can't read :(

Sorry nvm,

You caught the mistake.  Bow down to hunter overlords.

Edited by Hackattack3, 12 June 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#48 Ruddx

Ruddx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 1/1/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1922
  • 3v3: 2263
  • RBG: 2152

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

Unlike other classes Hunters have to specc it tho... and considering the Spirit Bond buff it should bring Iron Hawk on pair with the other two defensive Talents in that Tree.

#49 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostGalaleo, on 12 June 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

hunter class post, cant take srs sorry

Its fine, i couldn't take you seriously for the past 3 expansions either.

#50 Arandan

Arandan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Jaedenar
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/2/1/1/.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:43 AM

passive damage reduction removal is obviously part of some bigger change down the line.
maybe, just maybe, they want to balance damage output separately in PvP and PvE (something that should've been done to this game a long time ago) and some antics need to go for it to work.

so yeah, if I were you, muppets, I'd wait a few weeks before raging.

#51 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 1936
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

View PostArandan, on 14 June 2013 - 03:43 AM, said:

passive damage reduction removal is obviously part of some bigger change down the line.

I'm pretty sure it's because ranged specs are wanted much more than melee specs in PvE encounters currently.

Posted Image

#52 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

I really liked afflic locks in cata so hope we can see instant cast shadowbolts make a return and regular deathcoil again would be pretty nice. I feel the baseline howl is a great change to helping the locks out. Now only if we could get rid BM...

Edited by Icekingx, 14 June 2013 - 09:06 PM.

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#53 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

Cant take anything srsly from an anime fan srry
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#54 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

View PostDeeklol, on 14 June 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

Cant take anything srsly from an anime fan srry
|: How goes working @ the Sushi shop? You gonna be running the place soon?

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#55 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

View PostVirent, on 12 June 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

And not to mention that a 5% nerf is barely anything compared to completely removing it.

Confirmation that this was a PVE change, as some of us speculated:

http://eu.battle.net...54860?page=4#63

Official Blizzard Quote:

We removed these because they were causing a lot of problems in PvE situations. Don't fret though as we intend to balance around this change as we can adjust the damage in PvP to compensate for this in many different ways, such as resilience.

To those wondering why Aspect of the Iron Hawk was only reduced in damage reduction rather than removed, this is because it's a talent and it still needs to have a purpose.

Edited by fant0m8, 14 June 2013 - 10:12 PM.

Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#56 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:07 AM

View Postfant0m8, on 14 June 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

Confirmation that this was a PVE change, as some of us speculated:

http://eu.battle.net...54860?page=4#63

Official Blizzard Quote:

We removed these because they were causing a lot of problems in PvE situations. Don't fret though as we intend to balance around this change as we can adjust the damage in PvP to compensate for this in many different ways, such as resilience.

To those wondering why Aspect of the Iron Hawk was only reduced in damage reduction rather than removed, this is because it's a talent and it still needs to have a purpose.

Posted Image

Because spriests, boomkins and warlocks are not suspectible enough to being trained, right?

I've no words. I've actually no words. That must be the most retarded ever reason I've heard in my life for such a change. Not only did nobody ever complain about that in PvE, but spriests for example were not even that amazing in PvE and need buffs in PvE.

So again, are they actually serious or is this just a massive troll?

Edited by Virent, 15 June 2013 - 01:10 AM.

Posted Image

#57 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostVirent, on 15 June 2013 - 01:07 AM, said:

Posted Image

Because spriests, boomkins and warlocks are not suspectible enough to being trained, right?

I've no words. I've actually no words. That must be the most retarded ever reason I've heard in my life for such a change. Not only did nobody ever complain about that in PvE, but spriests for example were not even that amazing in PvE and need buffs in PvE.

So again, are they actually serious or is this just a massive troll?

What the hell are you talking about? Blizzard doesn't like damage reduction in PVE because it imbalances raid damage and leads to class stacking. It has nothing to do with players complaining. Ghostcrawler has talked multiple times about this dynamic and how they don't like it.

READ what I posted, please. This was not a PVP change, and they aren't going to leave the affected classes nerfed in PVP. Expect Spriests/Moonkins/Locks/etc to get more resilience (or something similar) in an upcoming PTR patch.

You're WAY overreacting to this.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#58 Athená

Athená
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Ревущий фьорд
  • Вихрь
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2281
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

Love the guardian change
2.5 bubble and 30 wall is over the top but I wouldn't mind the buff
You have to remember that turn evil is 20 yards and not like blood fear which was 40. I would definitely justify it having a shorter cast time/ instant for just 20 yards. Or simply use the same range and cast time as repentance.
Still don't see hand of purity being worth it over the other choices on that tier.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

#59 Isumi

Isumi

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

View Postfant0m8, on 15 June 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

What the hell are you talking about? Blizzard doesn't like damage reduction in PVE because it imbalances raid damage and leads to class stacking. It has nothing to do with players complaining. Ghostcrawler has talked multiple times about this dynamic and how they don't like it.

READ what I posted, please. This was not a PVP change, and they aren't going to leave the affected classes nerfed in PVP. Expect Spriests/Moonkins/Locks/etc to get more resilience (or something similar) in an upcoming PTR patch.

You're WAY overreacting to this.

of course it's a nerf for these 3 specs if they don't compensate it with some similiar dmg reduction.

and nerfing overall dmg, that these 3 specs don't need the reduction anymore ist the worst argument ever, because it's still a nerf for these classes compared to all other classes

#60 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

View PostIsumi, on 15 June 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

of course it's a nerf for these 3 specs if they don't compensate it with some similiar dmg reduction.

and nerfing overall dmg, that these 3 specs don't need the reduction anymore ist the worst argument ever, because it's still a nerf for these classes compared to all other classes

THEY ARE COMPENSATING WITH SIMILAR DAMAGE REDUCTION FOR THE AFFECTED CLASSES. Please READ the blue post that I quoted and linked to.

Holy shit why do I have to keep saying this. Stop treating data mining of the very first PTR patch as gospel and indicative of Blizzard's intentions.

Edited by fant0m8, 15 June 2013 - 02:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<