• Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

View PostProtosnake, on 18 June 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

They say KJC wasnt supposed to the core design of warlock, but the core of lock gameplay was the tanking caster, and they just removed all our passive mitigation

Look like they are trying to remake the class to scrap in the middle of an xpac, bringing Cata style back without the passive mitigation, and I dont like it, they are just being greedy and gambling at this point, and the felflame change seems to point that they dont really know where they are going right now

I dont think there's a future for the immobile, heavy weapon class in MoP, just try to PvP in mop for 5 sec without KJC, instant-ranged CC fly everywhere around your head and you happen to be the only dumbass standing in the middle, hard-casting your dispellable 30y CC with your main school while healer hardly ever cast or cast while moving

They "can" balance it by making the dot hit for insane damage, and giving us a retarded number of active mitigation, but will they do it ? even if we happen to be good after, do we even WANT that ? I really dont

Fel flame change was scrapped already. GC announced on twitter that they are making it instant again, increasing the dmg slightly, but making it not refresh dots anymore.

#82 ajc1981

ajc1981
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2001
  • 3v3: 2305
  • RBG: 1867

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:30 PM

the change would have hurt us tbh what else we got to kill "totems!! with still it's not on ptr yet since I last checked it it was still refreshing dots

#83 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

Seems they already reverted the Fel Flame change, however it still wont refresh dots, but will be able to be used as a totem-killer, which is good.

KJC is 1 min cd/10 sec duration - Still seems pretty sick.

And as expected, with the removal of KJC being a passive, we're getting a damage buff on our dots.

I'm pretty sure we'll see a resilience buff after the removal of passive damage reduction, perhaps across the board or simply for a few select class that lost their damage reduction.

Edited by Persephones, 19 June 2013 - 01:01 PM.

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#84 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

Hopefully they re-work soul link to the way it was in previous expansions, perhaps compensating this buff by nerfing healing cooldowns and/or wall.

Would like siphon life passive to come back as well with haunt.
twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#85 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

The worry I have for Soul Link is that GC said they want to have more active mitigation over passive; i.E. why we lost the mitigation aspect of Fel Armor. Soul Link could very well become a cooldown based form of damage mitigation.

Although, the old version is certainly welcome over the current one. (Even if it ruins our solo capabilities.)

#86 dreschnuu99

dreschnuu99
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2346

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

what about destro? :'(
Posted Image

#87 Exephia

Exephia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2039
  • 3v3: 2327
  • RBG: 576

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

In a future PTR build, Kil'Jaeden's Cunning will once again be a passive effect. Selecting it will allow the Warlock to cast Malefic Grasp, Shadow Bolt, and Incinerate while moving. There is no penalty, so you'll be able to move at full speed.

Source : http://blue.mmo-cham...cunning-update/

#88 Anlore

Anlore
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 384

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:58 AM

View PostExephia, on 19 June 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

In a future PTR build, Kil'Jaeden's Cunning will once again be a passive effect. Selecting it will allow the Warlock to cast Malefic Grasp, Shadow Bolt, and Incinerate while moving. There is no penalty, so you'll be able to move at full speed.

Source : http://blue.mmo-cham...cunning-update/

Anyone know if this means the damage shift from MG to dots will be reverted?

#89 Mitoo

Mitoo
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/1/1/0/2
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationZagreb

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:01 AM

View PostAnlore, on 20 June 2013 - 12:58 AM, said:

Anyone know if this means the damage shift from MG to dots will be reverted?

Dont think so, this is just a move that was expected, to have "filler" spell cast on move, like for example Shaman LB

And on top we have more dmg less mana cost on Fel Flame. Locks looking good for 5.4., all that is left is bump resilience to 70% base and all will be fine :)

#90 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

Well warlocks are around the middle of the pack, so depending on how much they calculate losing UA/Haunt on the move, I don't know if we'll receive any damage buffs. Perhaps they'll just shift damage from MG and into dots but maintain same pve dps.

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#91 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447
  • RBG: 960

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

source: http://blue.mmo-cham...cunning-update/
Posted Image

#92 Kroyfel

Kroyfel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

Now if they make Fel Armor give some resilience to make up for the lost 10% damage reduction, locks are looking good next patch

#93 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

It's always the way with patches.

Step 1: Make some massive, crazy, sweeping nerf to half the class.
Step 2: Revert or lessen 1-2 of those nerfs so that people stop whining.

We're losing;
10% damage reduction
Ability to cast Haunt, >>>pets<<<, Immolate etc while moving.
Fel flame dot refresh

We're gaining;
Free howl

Overall still feels like a heavy nerf while core class problems are pretty much untouched. I wouldn't care one bit about being nerfed, buffed or whatever if they just made affliction fun again and diminished our reliance on DS.
<Memorable quote>

#94 Kroyfel

Kroyfel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

Locks are also getting a damage buff to dots and a buff to haunt. We still don't know the numbers to this though.

#95 ticktickboom

ticktickboom
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2036

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

My thoughts:

There will be many, many forum tears if they buff dot damage with the current Dark Soul --> SB -- > SS mechanic. Unless they put a CD on SB-->SS we're bound to get a nerf because of our spread pressure.

I'd rather they nipped that in the bud before we have to contend with every child in the game complaining about our overall damage 24/7.

Although fel flame not refreshing dots (i'd call that a nerf even with the FF dmg increase) and the KJC nerf is actually going to be a pretty big playstyle change for a lot of us.

I can see us being in a better, more classic affliction playstyle, but will we do any better than now? not so sure, fears are already a nightmare to use effectively with the 34sec tremor, and without KJC it will be even harder to land them.

#96 Polygonzz

Polygonzz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1467
  • 3v3: 2192
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1994

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

View Postticktickboom, on 20 June 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

My thoughts:

There will be many, many forum tears if they buff dot damage with the current Dark Soul --> SB -- > SS mechanic. Unless they put a CD on SB-->SS we're bound to get a nerf because of our spread pressure.

I'd rather they nipped that in the bud before we have to contend with every child in the game complaining about our overall damage 24/7.

Although fel flame not refreshing dots (i'd call that a nerf even with the FF dmg increase) and the KJC nerf is actually going to be a pretty big playstyle change for a lot of us.

I can see us being in a better, more classic affliction playstyle, but will we do any better than now? not so sure, fears are already a nightmare to use effectively with the 34sec tremor, and without KJC it will be even harder to land them.

well, now you can shadowfury (or coil) into fear as well as run up to healers for a howl

#97 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2039
  • 3v3: 2519
  • 5v5: 1150
  • RBG: 959

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

Wouldn't it take a massive dot buff to make up for the fact that Fel Flame will no longer extend dot duration?

#98 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostKroyfel, on 20 June 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

Locks are also getting a damage buff to dots and a buff to haunt. We still don't know the numbers to this though.

There is no way in hell that any dot/haunt buff would be significant.

Raiders whine constantly about warlocks in PvE. It's the reason behind the KJC nerf and removing the 10% damage reduction.
<Memorable quote>

#99 Spitaka

Spitaka
  • Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

I'm curious how the damage buff to FelFlame with movement will compare to Incinerate with with KJC.  Possible they could be close in damage.

#100 Tattertotts

Tattertotts
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Silvermoon
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:32 PM

View PostSpitaka, on 20 June 2013 - 10:23 PM, said:

I'm curious how the damage buff to FelFlame with movement will compare to Incinerate with with KJC.  Possible they could be close in damage.

You run oom pretty quickly spamming fel flame, or atleast I do as destro.  You end up with 3 seconds or so of waiting for enough mana to cast then next fel flame.  I have no idea what the mana cost will be for destro after the patch though, could be different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<