Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

5.4 warlock changes


  • Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#101 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 4336
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

View PostTattertotts, on 20 June 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

You run oom pretty quickly spamming fel flame, or atleast I do as destro.  You end up with 3 seconds or so of waiting for enough mana to cast then next fel flame.  I have no idea what the mana cost will be for destro after the patch though, could be different.

It's going down by 40%. 5% of base mana to 3%.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#102 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 135
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1637
  • 3v3: 2409
  • RBG: 576

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:50 AM

Posted Image Warlock

General

  • [color=#FF4040 !important]The debuff from using a Demonic Gateway has been increased to 60 seconds (up from 15 seconds).[/color]


#103 KnnadRa

KnnadRa
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 51
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/1
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

Why the fuck wouldn't shadowflame be baseline? The KJC change seems fine though, I also like the changes to howl.

#104 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 896
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2567
  • 3v3: 3226
  • 5v5: 2495
  • RBG: 2592

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

howl baseline is cool, but the shadowflame thing is severely underwhelming, absolutely super trash compared to shadowfury/coil lol

#105 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 342
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

Spriests and moonkins lost their passive damage reduction, but instead they get a +60% armor buff to compensate vs physical. Warlocks? Fuck all. Hope that's an oversight cause we're the class that easily takes the most damage from melee.

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#106 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 298
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 3v3: 2182
  • RBG: 192

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

A blue posted and said they are not done with the warlock survival buff. It will show up in a future PTR build.

#107 KnnadRa

KnnadRa
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 51
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/1
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostPrimius, on 21 June 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

A blue posted and said they are not done with the warlock survival buff. It will show up in a future PTR build.


luv u blizz

#108 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 793
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

View PostPersephones, on 21 June 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

Spriests and moonkins lost their passive damage reduction, but instead they get a +60% armor buff to compensate vs physical. Warlocks? Fuck all. Hope that's an oversight cause we're the class that easily takes the most damage from melee.

Where did you see info about Moonkins getting this?  Only saw Spriest

#109 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

i hope they don't touch blood horror :D
twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#110 Chillywillyx

Chillywillyx
  • Chillywilly
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 16
  • Talents: Guardian 2/0/0/1/2/1
  • RBG: 960

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

Tis ya boi fluttershyxo i feel like da warloks r inz a gud place ryte abut now if ya feel me cuhz i meenz like real talk doe dem ferals and stuff needz a cyclone buff or sumthing doe
Tswizzle4Lyf3

#111 NiNLeX

NiNLeX
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 272
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/2/0/0/0

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

Warriors getting some damage & mobility buffs is gonna be bad for locks as well. I feel that they are really trying lots of different stuff for this patch so we are definitely not yet where we will be when the patch hits in 2-3 months.

As for lock changes, I like the gateway change so now you actually can't port from one end to another when enemy team finally manages to catch up to you. The way they worked their way around KJC is also pretty good for destro, but not really sure if I like it for affliction, since our "best rotation" benefits from it quite much. What I mean is that when you get all dots up and fear a target, we can just go behind boxes and channel MG. Same goes if we are chasing a target with dots, we just need to get it running first, then we can actually keep running after our target while we channel MG or DS. Of course this doesn't happen all the time, but still I think it's worthy to point out. But definitely a better change for my taste in the end.

However, they were talking about maybe tweaking Archimonde's vengeance somehow, I want to see how that turns out. I remember when S12 started and I was facing warrior / hunter teams, I just popped AmV and watched how another one of them melted when they didn't know what was going on. Could be fun talent, but it's pretty useless atm.

#112 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3540
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

View PostNiNLeX, on 21 June 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

Warriors getting some damage & mobility buffs is gonna be bad for locks as well. I feel that they are really trying lots of different stuff for this patch so we are definitely not yet where we will be when the patch hits in 2-3 months.

As for lock changes, I like the gateway change so now you actually can't port from one end to another when enemy team finally manages to catch up to you. The way they worked their way around KJC is also pretty good for destro, but not really sure if I like it for affliction, since our "best rotation" benefits from it quite much. What I mean is that when you get all dots up and fear a target, we can just go behind boxes and channel MG. Same goes if we are chasing a target with dots, we just need to get it running first, then we can actually keep running after our target while we channel MG or DS. Of course this doesn't happen all the time, but still I think it's worthy to point out. But definitely a better change for my taste in the end.

However, they were talking about maybe tweaking Archimonde's vengeance somehow, I want to see how that turns out. I remember when S12 started and I was facing warrior / hunter teams, I just popped AmV and watched how another one of them melted when they didn't know what was going on. Could be fun talent, but it's pretty useless atm.
Please point me to the mobility and damage buffs.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#113 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 342
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:49 PM

View PostUdderly, on 21 June 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

Where did you see info about Moonkins getting this?  Only saw Spriest
  • Balance
    • Moonkin Form now increases the Druid's armor by 60%, but no longer reduces all damage taken by 15%.

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#114 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 342
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

View PostBraindance, on 21 June 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

Please point me to the mobility and damage buffs.

the fact that warriors can go full retard now like dks etc (not requiring a shield to go defensive) is a big damage increase

you dont need actual damage numbers to increase in order to "do more damage"

Edited by Persephones, 21 June 2013 - 09:52 PM.

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#115 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3540
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

View PostPersephones, on 21 June 2013 - 09:52 PM, said:

the fact that warriors can go full retard now like dks etc (not requiring a shield to go defensive) is a big damage increase

you dont need actual damage numbers to increase in order to "do more damage"
Why should warriors be the only class that can't go full retard during def cds? I don't see you popping unending resolve and running around the pillars right?

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#116 dreschnuu99

dreschnuu99
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 229
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2346

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

i feel like not going oom as destro at all..  atleast in a duel setting
Posted Image

#117 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 896
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2567
  • 3v3: 3226
  • 5v5: 2495
  • RBG: 2592

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostBraindance, on 21 June 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

Please point me to the mobility and damage buffs.

you could argue that hamstring not being on gcd is a dmg buff!

#118 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3540
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

View PostWallirik, on 21 June 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

you could argue that hamstring not being on gcd is a dmg buff!
You have a point, but with how rage works now it's still hard. It's likely one more overpower per every 8 seconds or so.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#119 Tattertotts

Tattertotts
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Silvermoon
  • Reckoning
  • Posts: 314
  • Talents:

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:32 PM

View Postfant0m8, on 20 June 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

It's going down by 40%. 5% of base mana to 3%.

For destro the mana cost has always been a lot higher, since it functions more like energy than anything.  It's 60,000 on live, 36,000 on the PTR, so ya, it's a LOT lower

Yes, 40%, I was just curious about what the actual numbers, I don't remember the mana cost for fel flame off the top of my head.

#120 Toitles

Toitles
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Wyrmrest Accord
  • Emberstorm
  • Posts: 677
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1748
  • 3v3: 2115
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 1754
  • LocationOAKLAND CITY REPRESENT

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:45 AM

By 40%, one could say.

affix said:

The #1 sign that your thread was unnecessary is if the you can copy+paste the thread title in to google, hit 'I'm feeling lucky', and get your answer




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<