Photo

WW monk not able to get teams?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 coolguymonk

coolguymonk
  • Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

So I have played my monk to 2k+ and I just cant find any new 3v3 teams the one I had rage quited the game because we played a bad comp, bad comp as in not fotm... I think that if monks got a little buff we might actually be noticeable ? ww monk doesnt even have a burst cd(XUen BLOWS dont mention him)

so I think that blizz should give monks a proper burst CD such as 10 stack teb on a 2min CD so we can burst when needed.

maybe 10% passive damage reduction? why not?

I realize ww isnt unplayable, but sadly people in this game only wants FOTM.. I dont want monks to become that, but we need buffs imo.

#2 Enyalius

Enyalius
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Executus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

Monks are fine, you know?

Played some Monk Hunt Rdroo and it works totally fine @ 2k'ish mmr (my hunt has mmr that is like more dog than supapala).

It's like with warriors - find a good ranged (ele / mage / hunt) and win.

Pls

More

Nerfs

<3

#3 Enim

Enim
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance
  • RBG: 1835

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

so I think that blizz should give monks a proper burst CD such as 10 stack teb on a 2min CD so we can burst when needed.

I think our current burst CD is more than fine, but when you zone into arena you should gain 5-10 stacks seeing how "popallcdsfirstsecondsofthegame" is now the normal playstyle.

#4 coolguymonk

coolguymonk
  • Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

Monks are fine, you know?

Played some Monk Hunt Rdroo and it works totally fine @ 2k'ish mmr (my hunt has mmr that is like more dog than supapala).

It's like with warriors - find a good ranged (ele / mage / hunt) and win.

Yeah I know monks are fine, I just think we need a swifty CD :).

I think our current burst CD is more than fine, but when you zone into arena you should gain 5-10 stacks seeing how "popallcdsfirstsecondsofthegame" is now the normal playstyle.

Indeed. :)

#5 Roffejow

Roffejow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2258

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

I think ww monks are actually one of the best classes at the moment, the problem is like mentioned above. Pop big cds and end game in seconds, and in this regard ww monks are too weak.

Monks cater more to the tbc playstyle, of longer games and less insta gibbs. If they can tone down damage and burst, ww monks will rise to the top I'm sure. I'm sure a comp like rshaman, warlock and ww monk could be insanely good if they change burst.

#6 Syia

Syia
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arcane
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

Monk/Warlock and Monk/Spriest have potentially great synergy, but the lock/spriest is currently getting globald by hunters. If the game slows down on the instagibs in the opener, you'll see ww monks climbing higher.

#7 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/1/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2735
  • 3v3: 3041
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 768

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

monks dont need buffs, other classes just needs nerfed, and tbh monk damage is a little high.

#8 Xyllian

Xyllian
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 384

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

Well the damage of Monks is quit high indeed , So its either have some nice steady dps , or some sick amounts of burst CDS to really set up kills Like Rogue's used to do, I prefer this way to play my monk I love it and they are very viable
First look at yourself then someone else! Thats the way to victory

#9 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

It's actually the opposite of this - they need more specs like WW/Balance/sub that require at least some setup for damage, unlike BM that can pop everything on the first global if they choose. I know this isn't really a viable choice with the current meta game, but would be better for the game.

monks dont need buffs, other classes just needs nerfed, and tbh monk damage is a little high.

This is very true. It isn't uncommon for me to accidentally kill someone with RSK, before I even have a chance to use execute. I've gotten 130k RSKs with no cds popped - that's plenty of burst IMO, coupled with a good punch setup (obviously harder vs melee cleaves or lots o' pets for split dmg)

#10 Bullylol

Bullylol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1681

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

I think people hit the nail on the head.

Monks are actually in a good place, unfortunately a lot of the meta is not in that same location ...

Speeding up DPS classes to catch up with the silly burst of hunters / dps shamas / ret / feral is not the answer for other dps classes, but vice versa, slow their pace down to the war / monk / rogues pace (or closer). We all now the deal wit these classes so theres no need to overstate it.

I actually really disliked monks for a while, but I think it was kind of a case of I hadn't played one and almost a fear of the unknown, and now I kind of like where they are at - as long as other things get calmed (which we can just hope to happen in 5.4).

TBC was a good description.

#11 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2016
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

ww monks are actually pretty retarded in good hands, i am surprised you can't find a team, but maybe it is because ferals and DKs are just so silly atm so people would rather play with those classes

i think the other problem with monks in general is that class was created for niches that were already filled, this game didn't really need monks (don't hate :/ )
shut up pvp guy

#12 Bullylol

Bullylol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1681

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

ww monks are actually pretty retarded in good hands, i am surprised you can't find a team, but maybe it is because ferals and DKs are just so silly atm so people would rather play with those classes

i think the other problem with monks in general is that class was created for niches that were already filled, this game didn't really need monks (don't hate :/ )

I think thats its - people "would rather".

Its that classic why take X when Y is doing the same role but better.

While there is some element of bring the player not the class, it really isn't all that much of a factor, certainly if you have the right contacts/friends/team mates wth the "right" classes looking for the same goal.

#13 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

I disagree about other classes being better choices. As someone who plays monk quite regularly, the big difference is that monks are the 'unknown', as Bullylol put it well. Most people have no idea what they play well with, how they play, or what to do to synergize with them. As a monk, I beat the living shit outta dks without any issue - their main defensive of slow kiting and AMS don't do a single thing to stop my damage (we have sick mobility and all physical damage). Even Remorseless Winter is completely useless, since you can roll at 4 stacks to drop stacks and it never stuns you. So ultimately, once people figure out how to play with them Monks will find quite a few places where they are preferred - how many other classes can kill someone with a single 6 sec cd move that accidentally crits for 120k without cds up =p

#14 Qtinha

Qtinha
  • Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

I generally don't struggle finding teams, but it helps when people know who you are. Whether they've seen you in arena prior to that, or outside your main city.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<