• Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:45 PM

View PostThaya, on 12 June 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

I edited and expanded that post compared to the quote, re read.

Yes, I do get it. I'm not in a position to judge your friends, they might well be cunts. That's really not what this is about. What I'm arguing against is the perception, the focus on the bad outcome instead of the good action, advertising "I was nice, but this is where it got me, don't be nice". Keeping a safe distance from douchebags is a different thing, and isn't something I saw explicitly implied.
When I said I was nice I meant indiscriminately - even with people that were not nice. Being nice itself gets you nowhere-being nice and careful on the other hand does.  I don't see why it's bad to be polite to nice people and relentless to scum. Perhaps, now that the old players have matured after years of playing the situation is better.

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#82 Aniroxlol

Aniroxlol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1858
  • 3v3: 2007
  • RBG: 1923

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

On a new account with no achievements just duel the person you are trying to play with, duels can definately tell somebody if your a random baddie or somebody who actually knows how to play, 2v2 as well. Also I agree they should be adding more achievements and titles that come with arena, a very big percentage of the wow population plays this game for comsetic rewards alone, adding more of these to arena will no doubt increase arena participation. Bring back flawless victor title as well

#83 Z4muZ

Z4muZ
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1/.
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostThaya, on 12 June 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

I edited and expanded that post compared to the quote, re read.

Yes, I do get it. I'm not in a position to judge your friends, they might well be cunts. That's really not what this is about. What I'm arguing against is the perception, the focus on the bad outcome instead of the good action, advertising "I was nice, but this is where it got me, don't be nice". Keeping a safe distance from douchebags is a different thing, and isn't something I saw explicitly implied.

Don't delude yourself, my good chap. The average srs PvPer has little moral fiber left in him. As a consequence, adapting a rather misanthropic approach towards the game would in most cases be the correct thing to do.

P.S., if you're going to randomly delete posts you don't deem worthy, please be persistent and don't limit yourself to the posts which concern you, after all, this isn't soviet Russia, bratan ((

Edited by Z4muZ, 12 June 2013 - 07:56 PM.

Posted Image

#84 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

View PostBraindance, on 12 June 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

When I said I was nice I meant indiscriminately - even with people that were not nice. Being nice itself gets you nowhere-being nice and careful on the other hand does.  I don't see why it's bad to be polite to nice people and relentless to scum. Perhaps, now that the old players have matured after years of playing the situation is better.
That's being naive. Being naive will get you exploited and robbed. See? Consensus.

As for being relentless, it's just a philosophical difference. I seek to purge negative emotion, you cultivate it. (This doesn't mean I forgive and forget treason, I'm just not frustrated, angered, or otherwise emotionally affected.)

View PostZ4muZ, on 12 June 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

Don't delude yourself, my good chap. The average srs PvPer has little moral fiber left in him. As a consequence, adapting a rather misanthropic approach towards the game would in most cases be the correct thing to do.

P.S., if you're going to randomly delete posts you don't deem worthy, please be persistent and don't limit yourself to the posts which concern you, after all, this isn't soviet Russia, bratan ((
There's like 10 hidden posts in this thread, if that makes you feel any better.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#85 Z4muZ

Z4muZ
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1/.
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

View PostThaya, on 12 June 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

There's like 10 hidden posts in this thread, if that makes you feel any better.

Sure does!
Posted Image

#86 Phaelle

Phaelle
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

They could always break achievement linking and hide them. I can't think of too many uses for these features other than to promote e-peening, bragging, and "LF (RBG, ARENA) link X achievement or be ignored!!"

I always found achievements are best just for ones self to keep track of and look at.

• Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Shattrath
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:01 AM

ITT: Braindance, Thaya and missing tl;dr's

#88 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2643
  • 3v3: 3261
  • 5v5: 2737
  • RBG: 2654

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:44 AM

View PostBraindance, on 11 June 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

when we lost once to the pve hero zamos (who was also a pioneer because he was the only one to go mace in s6 making him an arp monster).
lol i remember that guy, never thought i'd see anyone else mention him.
oh my god the damage :(

Edited by Wallirik, 15 June 2013 - 05:44 AM.

#89 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:47 AM

View PostWallirik, on 15 June 2013 - 05:44 AM, said:

lol i remember that guy, never thought i'd see anyone else mention him.
oh my god the damage :(
He was a pioneer - I learned playing against him. His overall performance was somewhat lacking, but he was by far the best dps machine I have seen up till now (although I've learned well from him).

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#90 Fatbelly

Fatbelly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 2008
  • 3v3: 2579
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2091

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

I like how this post became mrbraindance vs the world but, right now in my arena ventures and the state of the game I cba to play with new players. Losing to shit hunter teams emo me out. I'd like to get to higher ratings, and I'd expect the same "skill / awareness" from a partner as of myself. Right now, just like what lord snackumz said I can really only stand playing with people I "know" by some means of name recognition or being a friend of my friend etc. So many people link fake achievements with that addon and what not so I cant really trust that and go off statistics / "knowing them"
www.twitch.tv/fatbellyx/old

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<