FuguFish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1870

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

Is it not ironic that some players often say that ratings, glad, and even r1 isn't particularly special anymore, yet this attitude is nowhere to be seen towards the end of a season?

#22 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2379
  • LocationYorkshire mates

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

If you're not in the "group" of high rated players it doesn't matter how good or better than people of your class are you won't get partners. There is pretty much nothing you could do nowadays to help people change that mindset it will never ever happen. The sad thing is the best way to get good partners is to FOTM/DDOS/Wintrade a rank 1 title in 5v5 from a shitty BG but atleast then you have the title which will attract partners. This is why you see alot of people doing such things to get rank 1 when in reality titles in world of warcraft mean nothing to them but most the time when you ask someone about it they just say "so it's easier to get partners".

I do remember though back in the day finding partners via dueling/2s hell one of the only people i have ever stayed with in 2s/3s and still play with today was someone i fought randomly in world pvp in durotar and i made a level 1 asking him in wotlk to come alliance lol.But tbh that sort of mentality changed because everyone hates losing and "looking" bad along with every single player being forced to pretty much roll a FOTM or dream on about finding people or playing high in 3v3.

Edited by Ayrasaurus, 11 June 2013 - 05:34 PM.

Posted Image

emotional

Posted Image

Thaya Ayra Omegatfwnogfboys2k15

#23 johnaggro

johnaggro
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/2/2/0/.
  • RBG: 1936

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

its u dont have them its gg u cant play arena,only way to find people with out it is if you no people and they want to help

#24 Cobeliany

Cobeliany
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline 2/0/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1588
  • 3v3: 672

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

I actually kind of like the process of finding good people to play with when you have no achievements/stats. My new account doesn't even have duelist but I've found other good people by either playing them in arena,playing with guildies,or stalking trade chat looking for people that post their credentials looking for teams. Ive burn't through a lot of shit teammates that I have found in trade but when you find no name players that are better than gladiators that you play with you feel rewarded for finding that unknown person

#25 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

From my point of view, players that want to improve play with players with similar skills as theirs.I wouldnt mind playing with 2.2 ppl just cuz i have nothing else to do but playing with 2k-1.8 rated players is making me emo for no reason for losing vs 2k players.When i started arenas(in s3)i picked up some random from trade , not a high rated player, because i wanted to improve just like he did , because if i had asked a high rated player to play with him, i would had felt like ''im getting carried so badly''.
I know many ppl that got many titles on this game and they still dont have a clue, just because they missed that part of improving with ppl that similar as them, not good players.

#26 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostYarmyxx, on 11 June 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

From my point of view, players that want to improve play with players with similar skills as theirs.I wouldnt mind playing with 2.2 ppl just cuz i have nothing else to do but playing with 2k-1.8 rated players is making me emo for no reason for losing vs 2k players.When i started arenas(in s3)i picked up some random from trade , not a high rated player, because i wanted to improve just like he did , because if i had asked a high rated player to play with him, i would had felt like ''im getting carried so badly''.
I know many ppl that got many titles on this game and they still dont have a clue, just because they missed that part of improving with ppl that similar as them, not good players.

hm? people who have many titles improved with other people that have many titles .. i dont think anyone missed that part of the game because lets face it nobody just comes into WoW having 0 clue as to whats going on and start racking up titles.. every one started some where..
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#27 Cakesz

Cakesz
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/0/.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

View Postemerald, on 11 June 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

Guess what, people lie on the internet.

So what? One of the dumbest ideas that achievements have brought in is this idea that people who don't have achievements are not good players.

I don't think there is a good way to fix this, achievements have caused this problem, but at the same time they also attract people to play PvP.

If they could make achievements that people wanted, which were not "1750", "2000", "2200", "2400", "2700" etc then I'd say do that, remove the old achievements, hide the statistics page and then let's see what happens, sure you'll get some people complaining but I think this would be much better for the game.

There are a lot of potentially good players out there without any achievement, the achievements never proved anything anyway, from Gladiator to 2700, none of those achievements ever proved someone was good (certainly not after how many were rating/title sales there have been), all they do is limit people in hiding potential partners.

Achievements in Arena did nothing but hurt the community.

Edited by Cakesz, 11 June 2013 - 06:46 PM.

#28 Cakesz

Cakesz
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/0/.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

View PostDrye, on 11 June 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

back in bc, it was like: duel all day in durotar and find your teammates and work your way up

Achievements never existed in BC, you can't use this as an example anymore, because people will always look at achievement/statistics now, regardless of anything else.

Although BC had it's own way of doing this anyway since weapon/shoulders had rating requirements, the community is fundamentally different now than it was, I don't think how things were back then would work now.

#29 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

I found my first real partners by dueling in the dalaran sewers queuing area in season 6, and I still play with them / talk with them to this day.  I'm not really sure how someone should go about finding partners in the current game, though.

#30 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

View PostAyrasaurus, on 11 June 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

If you're not in the "group" of high rated players it doesn't matter how good or better than people of your class are you won't get partners. There is pretty much nothing you could do nowadays to help people change that mindset it will never ever happen.
this. the people thinking its about whether or not you have the required achievements are cute but unfortunately deluded.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#31 Zub

Zub
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/1

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

View PostRazorx, on 11 June 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

Blizzard really need to start removing achievements / statistics at the start of each season to be able to start helping players find it easier to get partners, most people have the achievements / stats in seasons where its totally irreverent and almost a different game.

This would be a great change, a step in the right direction at least

#32 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostBraindance, on 11 June 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

On my many journeys, when I wasn't called Braindance, I played with many players. I have thousands of games with low caliber players that I picked from trade, helped them gear up, teach them the basics, get them to low glad range, only to be ditched because they decided that they are worth more than that and they deserve "better" rating. I even helped them get their cap by playing their characters when they couldn't play.  All that because I considered it my obligation to a fellow man. I was a nice guy.

Being a nice guy in this game gets you nowhere. It's all about being in a clique and being a douche. You can ask your friends, the braxyn brothers and icynoise about that Felic. Or bludz you can ask your friend Shezze.

I have met only ONE player that was both very good as a player and as a guy. A paladin named cleaveburger. I convinced him quit the game to get his life shorted out; that's how devoted I anyone that proves to me that he is a nice guy.

In a game where there is no sense of punishment or reward don't expect anyone to be nice. Hit them before they hit you.
Wow, this post is more arrogant than the US foreign policy.

You seem to consider yourself very important and proudly take all this credit for being kind. But that's not what being kind is about. An act of kindness is selfless, it doesn't imply benefit for yourself. What you describe is doing a favor, and it sounds like you were quite insistent about having those favors payed back. Maybe not while you had everything under your exclusive control, but soon as your servant did anything else, you'd remind them who's their benefactor, in this exact manner you displayed here. If that's true, maybe "chasing higher ratings" isn't really the reason people left you. Few things are more annoying than someone acting like he is a godsend to you, and nobody is going to tolerate control. But of course, you are the victim, unjustly getting ditched and mistreated by the world.

Punishment or reward wouldn't make anybody any nicer, just more polite and calculated. In fact, the greedy and weak would backstab you at any opportunity, making kindness a risky virtue. You'd see even less of it. Would make it easier to control and manipulate people though, just stab em when they disobey.

I honestly don't think there's a relation between your success in a game and attitude. That's common sense. It's easy to throw some wild generalizations, but they all look humorous. It's just prejudice, and mistreating someone just because of a statistic makes you look like a closed-minded fool.

I can't see how it's all about being a douchebag. Maybe because douchebags get more attention and/or are attention whoring themselves, so every time someone gets lucky, you hear about it. Don't really hear from the other side of the spectrum.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#33 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

View PostThaya, on 11 June 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

Wow, this post is more arrogant than US foreign policy.

You seem to consider yourself very important and proudly take all this credit for being kind. But that's not what being kind is about. An act of kindness is selfless, it doesn't imply benefit for yourself. That's doing a favor, and it sounds like you were quite insistent about having those favors payed back. Maybe not while you had everything under your exclusive control, but soon as your servant did anything else, you'd remind them who's their benefactor, in this exact manner you displayed here. If that's true, maybe "chasing higher ratings" isn't really the reason people left you. Few things are more annoying than someone acting like he is a godsend to you, and nobody is going to tolerate control. And of course, you are the victim, unjustly getting ditched and mistreated by the world.

Punishment or reward wouldn't make anybody any nicer, just more polite and calculated. In fact, the greedy and weak would backstab you at any opportunity, making kindness a risky virtue. You'd see even less of it. Would make it easier to control and manipulate people though, just stab em when they disobey.

I honestly don't think there's a relation between your success in a game and attitude. That's common sense. It's easy to throw some wild generalizations, but they all look humorous. It's just prejudice, and acting defensive with someone just because of a statistic makes you look like a closed-minded fool.

I can't see how it's all about being a douchebag. Maybe because douchebags get more attention and/or are attention whoring themselves, so every time someone gets lucky, you hear about it. Don't really hear from the other side of the spectrum.
Nothing in this life is selfless - even charity is not selfless. People gain satisfaction/happiness from seeing other people happy/at their debt.

I never reminded anyone of who's the benefactor or who's in control. On the  contrary, I was always on the defensive taking the blame for their actions, which inflated their ego and resulted in what I mentioned before.

You would do well to keep that tongue in your mouth when you don't know me or the circumstances. Keep your "judgement" to yourself.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#34 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2260
  • 3v3: 2754
  • 5v5: 1913
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

this game has always had a huge social aspect to success. i would rather be stuck at 2500 with 2 chill people that i have fun with in skype for extended periods of time than hit 3k rating with metaphorz raging even during victories.

I've seen a lot of people who think ppl dont want to play with them because of their class or that they were stuck at 2650 and cant link 2700 acheivement but if they heard themselves approach ppl or talk before and after games I think it would give them much more insight into why people arent playing with them.

tl:dr not being a huge douche/rager/raccoon will significantly increase your chances of finding partners

also dont start with "hey your partners are shit i'm better play with me instead" it will get you nowhere
Posted Image

#35 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

View PostRazorx, on 11 June 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

I met almost all my partners through dueling / skirmishes / TR (mostly TR).

I was on a mage with, no achievements, no statistics etc, and told them i was a high rated player with no success.

Blizzard really need to start removing achievements / statistics at the start of each season to be able to start helping players find it easier to get partners, most people have the achievements / stats in seasons where its totally irreverent and almost a different game.

Well there is your problem. You conducted your experiement for the course of a few hours? How did you approach them, and how did they react? There are plenty of good players out there, willing to play with most if you just present a nice attitude. But it doesn't happen over night. Why should it?

View PostBraindance, on 11 June 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Being a nice guy in this game gets you nowhere. It's all about being in a clique and being a douche. You can ask your friends, the braxyn brothers and icynoise about that Felic. Or bludz you can ask your friend Shezze.

Whats your point with this? You mean Icyflamez my mage partner? The Braxyn brothers? I didn't really know them. The majority of WoW players have grown older, meaning they are more mature. We were all dickheads back in the days, but it belongs in the past.

Ziqo and I had a huge beef going on for several seasons, now I'm moderator on his stream.

My point in this thread is that you expect it to come easily to you. If you are unknown, have no achievements, have no experience above xxxx rating, why are you not looking for people with similar stats? Why do you go ask the highest rated player you can find, and expect him to play with you? Also surely, if you come off as "I'm high rated" but you sound like a 13yearold who wants to prove something, why would they believe you? I never introduce myself with titles, I ask people what setup they ran, their age, what they are up to, and if they are nice, I stay in contact with them. By it ingame, Skype, or do some casual arena games with them from time to time.

tl;dr Don't try too hard and stop acting immature. Dont expect it will all come on its own.

#36 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

View PostBraindance, on 11 June 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

Nothing in this life is selfless - even charity is not selfless. People gain satisfaction/happiness from seeing other people happy/at their debt.

I never reminded anyone of who's the benefactor or who's in control. On the  contrary, I was always on the defensive taking the blame for their actions, which inflated their ego and resulted in what I mentioned before.

You would do well to keep that tongue in your mouth when you don't know me or the circumstances. Keep your "judgement" to yourself.
It's about motivation, not result. I'm pretty sure there are better ways to satisfy yourself than donating money, so the people donating to charities are doing it solely to help. You can't describe all interactions in life with just the ego.

I thought it's pretty obvious that I am just pondering. All the opinions stay even if you remove it, as they're directed at the post.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#37 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostThaya, on 11 June 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

It's about motivation, not result. I'm pretty sure there are better ways to satisfy yourself than donating money, so the people donating to charities are doing it solely to help. You can't describe all interactions in life with just the ego.

I thought it's pretty obvious that I am just pondering. All the opinions stay even if you remove it, as they're directed at the post.

View PostFeliclandelo, on 11 June 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

Whats your point with this? You mean Icyflamez my mage partner? The Braxyn brothers? I didn't really know them. The majority of WoW players have grown older, meaning they are more mature. We were all dickheads back in the days, but it belongs in the past.

View PostThaya, on 11 June 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

@Thaya - I am very, very bitter from my experiences in BC, WOTLK and Cata and my feelings towards most players that play this game won't change any time soon.
@Felic - You do know that both icy and the braxyns were mere rivals in BC that couldn't even get a brutal weapon yes? And out of the blue all 3 of em got rank one in s6 playing in your 5s. Especially for the druid brother that was a 2k player and got to 2.3k in 2 days from the moment s6 hit live, and then after he got his comfy achiev and weapon decided to rage on me and ditch me when we lost once to the pve hero zamos (who was also a pioneer because he was the only one to go mace in s6 making him an arp monster).

And no, we weren't all dickheads I wasn't and I paid for that. But I am a dickhead now and I'm having fun.

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

#38 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

View PostBraindance, on 11 June 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

@Thaya - I am very, very bitter from my experiences in BC, WOTLK and Cata and my feelings towards most players that play this game won't change any time soon.
@Felic - You do know that both icy and the braxyns were mere rivals in BC that couldn't even get a brutal weapon yes? And out of the blue all 3 of em got rank one in s6 playing in your 5s.

Ermm, people do get better? Especially in this game, where literally practice makes perfect. Because anyone can actually get good at this game. It's only about how much they play it.
Posted Image

#39 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostVirent, on 11 June 2013 - 10:23 PM, said:

Ermm, people do get better? Especially in this game, where literally practice makes perfect. Because anyone can actually get good at this game. It's only about how much they play it.
I know very well if they got better or not. I've said it before - politics make gladiators.

#40 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

View PostBraindance, on 11 June 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

@Felic - You do know that both icy and the braxyns were mere rivals in BC that couldn't even get a brutal weapon yes? And out of the blue all 3 of em got rank one in s6 playing in your 5s. Especially for the druid brother that was a 2k player and got to 2.3k in 2 days from the moment s6 hit live, and then after he got his comfy achiev and weapon decided to rage on me and ditch me when we lost once to the pve hero zamos (who was also a pioneer because he was the only one to go mace in s6 making him an arp monster).

And no, we weren't all dickheads I wasn't and I paid for that. But I am a dickhead now and I'm having fun.

Yeah well you are right, but I can't say how they were after obtaining their titles. I wasn't sure where you were heading. The druid however was called Nata, and wasnt one of the two brothers. He was awful though. The braxyn brothers were allright, but nothing top dollar. Stimulation the priest was also a duelist, and we ended up getting r2 in season5, then to get r1 in s6. It's all a bit blurry, but I remember some alliance chars too that we got to gladiator too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<