• Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:30 PM

Yesterday during the podcast I asked Bludz and Woundman if they think they would be able to find team mates without achievements and telling who they are. Both said they did not think that would be possible and Bludz even tried it without success. If some of the best players in this game cannot find partners without achievements or a huge reputation something is wrong.

This thread should be a discussion on how to improve that, to share tipps on how to find and keep team mates.

#2 emerald

emerald
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

Guess what, people lie on the internet.

#3 Doulol

Doulol
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 2116
  • LocationEU

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

well I guess you need to have a guild to find partners if you are a "virgin". On my alt dps monk I was only able to find 3s because I had bored guild members online :P

Posted Image

#4 Friedkitteh

Friedkitteh
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

I guess it's possible, but you would have to prove your skill with streams, videos, duels or something like that.

#5 Drye

Drye
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2176

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

back in bc, it was like: duel all day in durotar and find your teammates and work your way up
Posted Image

#6 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/0/1/1/1
  • RBG: 768

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

View PostDrye, on 11 June 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

back in bc, it was like: duel all day in durotar and find your teammates and work your way up

this, and 3 more reasons

1 - Ego, most people think a r1 player is shit because another r1 player said so when they're flamming each other (so the guy put on his mind that hes better than that r1 player) and because people think someone is high rated only because of FOTM (half true hehe)

2 - Lack of information, people used to use armory / AJ and talked more about the game with other people, so when i play with/or against someone good, i used to tell this to my friends, and i also used to check ladder / AJ more frequently

3 - Lack of interest, i dont see much people trying to achieve something in this game anymore, of course everyone play to win, but they also dont care when losing, and when you play with "famous" people, they tend to get mad and blame the unknown guy for every loss

Edited by dionim, 11 June 2013 - 01:11 PM.

#7 ScHniPPaH

ScHniPPaH
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1610
  • 3v3: 1678
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

everyone is 3k rated these days, paired with this "i'm too good for everyone"-attitude (e.g. blaming you, your dog, your mother and your mothers dog for losing no matter what actually happened), dunno if i just played on the wrong realms or had bad luck. if i wasnt idling on my season 3 drake 24/7 i would never had any partners back in the days after all mates quit the game i guess. it is wrong, but thats how it is.

#8 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

There's three things I require when I play with people:

A: Synergy: Try playing a few games with out skype. See how far you can go without using skype. I've hit 2400 with out using skype and when we started to use skype, the synergy felt like it was there, because of how well we knew each others play style. We eventually hit 2783 back in s7. Remember synergy requires you to be focused as well. Play with out addons telling you what to do every second. Watch the game, see when the person uses their trinket. Watch your team mate and peel for them when it's needed. This way you learn how to play with a partner you haven't even talked to yet.

B: Communication: Now that you guys know you have a nice a synergy going, learn to communicate. Do a few bgs before you join an arena. Talk to each other, find out a little more about your partner. See how well he communicates with you and try to adjust to each others voice and learn to listen/speak.

This is something that I still love about this game. The social aspect of it. I've met some really cool people in the past that I still keep up with till this day. My very first partner from S1, I still talk to him till this day and we still play together from time to time. We're actually great friends now.

C: Don't care about winning. The more you care about winning, the less fun it is. If you win great! Be happy, rejoice, but never let that be the motivation to playing a video game. The motivation should always be to have fun. When you have fun with the game, it brings positive thoughts. Positive thoughts mean positive results.

And that's how I find partners.

Edited by AcerMVP, 11 June 2013 - 01:45 PM.

#9 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

I honestly would like to see how Bludz approached people. I migrated my alt to Al'Akir, all he had was a S2 drake and 2300 high in 2's. I managed to get to know most of the decent players on Al'Akir, without namedropping or linking feats from my main. The thing is, you have to be patient and come with a nice attitude. To begin with some players were just ignorant, but you just have to ask for the reason, as to why they are giving you an attitude. Further more, most high rated players are really nice guys, they just require you to establish a relationship first. Most of them have alts, they are willing to play with almost anyone who say they have decent experience. After a while, they get to know you (and who you are) and there's no problem. Trying too hard is probably what fucks people over mostly. It's not something you try for 1 evening Hildegaard. You talk to them a few times, get to know if they are jackasses or not.

Another fun fact is I got my first r1 title with a priest from trade chat, he turned out to be really amazing.

#10 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostScHniPPaH, on 11 June 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

everyone is 3k rated these days, paired with this "i'm too good for everyone"-attitude (e.g. blaming you, your dog, your mother and your mothers dog for losing no matter what actually happened), dunno if i just played on the wrong realms or had bad luck. if i wasnt idling on my season 3 drake 24/7 i would never had any partners back in the days after all mates quit the game i guess. it is wrong, but thats how it is.

Pretty much this. Reason why people wouldn't play with people without achievements is because they think they're too good for that. It's just rather disgusting how high of an ego some people have started to have about this stupid game. In the end, it's exactly that, a game. Not a reason to ruin your principals for.

I've personally played with people who haven't even touched arena but improved rapidly when they actually started playing it.
Posted Image

#11 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

Oh, and also I'm a fucking nobody these days anyway, so if I can do it, so can you.

(Inbefore Shawir or Krobuluz says it)

Edited by Feliclandelo, 11 June 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#12 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

A lot of people play just for the rewards and success. A lot of people don't want to play with strangers and just play in their own social network. A lot of people hate losing. These and other personal/social reasons are obvious, and this isn't something that can be changed or positively affected. Everyone has his own personal experience and this is down to individuals.

Instead of simply posting cool stories, we could give Blizzard suggestions on how to improve this. A little brainstorm maybe. They do read AJ.

1) I think that 2v2 has a huge role here. Judging by myself, I would not invite somebody new and unreliable into a 3v3 team, and then convince my other partner to play with him. I always take responsibility in this case, and remembering my first paragraph in this post... well, you get it. It's also much easier to get to know someone talking one on one than it is having a stranger in your skype call when you're talking/playing with someone you knew for a long time; also depends on the individuals, but I think this is generally true.

2) Premade skirmishes/non-rated mode I talked about long ago, or even just normal skirmishes. People are much easier about these things when nothing is at stake.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#13 Razorx

Razorx
  • Content Editors
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2495

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

I met almost all my partners through dueling / skirmishes / TR (mostly TR).

I honestly would like to see how Bludz approached people.

I was on a mage with, no achievements, no statistics etc, and told them i was a high rated player with no success.

Blizzard really need to start removing achievements / statistics at the start of each season to be able to start helping players find it easier to get partners, most people have the achievements / stats in seasons where its totally irreverent and almost a different game.
www.athenelive.com/bludz

www.skill-capped.com/#1050

Blud 1 - 2900+ Multi Comp : http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=196599

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Bludtv

[20:54:44] Alexis Jagger: they'll just laugh at me in lfr
[20:54:45] Alexis Jagger: i don't even know

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostRazorx, on 11 June 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

I met almost all my partners through dueling / skirmishes / TR (mostly TR).

I was on a mage with, no achievements, no statistics etc, and told them i was a high rated player with no success.

Blizzard really need to start removing achievements / statistics at the start of each season to be able to start helping players find it easier to get partners, most people have the achievements / stats in seasons where its totally irreverent and almost a different game.

This is actually one of the best ideas sofar, i dont know if you guys play sc2, but they award Feats for "top 50 bronze/top 50 silver / top 100 bronze/top 100 silver, top 10 gold etc etc every bracket", could be something similar with wow? like top 1550 statistic or somthing? could be pretty neat

#15 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

In my thread about PvP systems, an idea people talked about was adding more achievements like Arena Master that reset per season. Imagine if there were more achievements like 1550/1700/2400, but they also granted titles. Or achievements like the good ol' winstreak (can't remember the title).

But while rewards are cool and all, I don't believe that will solve this particular problem (I do think they need to rework the entire PvP reward system from the ground up, as the Gladiator/season concept is just outdated by now). Giving everyone a completely fresh start would actually be cool - two birds with one stone - as it also destroys the current reward systems, as previous-season-titles work against the idea. I think this is slightly too radical though, because then all performance-based rewards must be temporary. That's a very limited design.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#16 Snackumz

Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2455

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

if i have never even heard of/seen the person asking me to play i probably won't play with them. seeing them even extends as far to playing against my alts. if they can't even get to my shitty alt mmr, they probably will waste my limited time to playing the game.

#17 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 11 June 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

I honestly would like to see how Bludz approached people. I migrated my alt to Al'Akir, all he had was a S2 drake and 2300 high in 2's. I managed to get to know most of the decent players on Al'Akir, without namedropping or linking feats from my main. The thing is, you have to be patient and come with a nice attitude. To begin with some players were just ignorant, but you just have to ask for the reason, as to why they are giving you an attitude. Further more, most high rated players are really nice guys, they just require you to establish a relationship first. Most of them have alts, they are willing to play with almost anyone who say they have decent experience. After a while, they get to know you (and who you are) and there's no problem. Trying too hard is probably what fucks people over mostly. It's not something you try for 1 evening Hildegaard. You talk to them a few times, get to know if they are jackasses or not.

Another fun fact is I got my first r1 title with a priest from trade chat, he turned out to be really amazing.
AhaHAHAahaHahahahaahahhAahaHaHAhaaHaHahahaAHaHahahaaHaHaH

HAAHaHahahahaahAHaH

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#18 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2228
  • 3v3: 2702
  • RBG: 2159
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

View PostBraindance, on 11 June 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

AhaHAHAahaHahahahaahahhAahaHaHAhaaHaHahahaAHaHahahaaHaHaH

HAAHaHahahahaahAHaH
Does not often happen that I agree with Braindance but yeah, that is definitely hilarious to say. Just take a look at the players that represent us on twitch. For the EU part I have to say that 90% of them are complete douchebags and so is their attitude. Sadly a lot of people take over that attitude in this game. Of course there are a LOT of exceptions but far away from being the majority.

Edited by TteSPORTSDoomsen, 11 June 2013 - 04:55 PM.

#19 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostTteSPORTSDoomsen, on 11 June 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

Does not often happen that I agree with Braindance but yeah, that is definitely hilarious to say. Just take a look at the players that represent us on twitch. For the EU part I have to say that 90% of them are complete douchebags and so is their attitude. Sadly a lot of people take over that attitude in this game. Of course there are a LOT of exceptions but far away from being the majority.
most friendly german eu =)

Hakfu said:

My personal opinion about why PHD/ATC/Beastcleave are not being that succesful on Tournaments is that in many cases it relies on the enemy making an error...In a sense, that makes them the underdog...Hunter's have never really been that OP. People just have the image that hunters should be something to be stomped over

#20 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostTteSPORTSDoomsen, on 11 June 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

On my many journeys, when I wasn't called Braindance, I played with many players. I have thousands of games with low caliber players that I picked from trade, helped them gear up, teach them the basics, get them to low glad range, only to be ditched because they decided that they are worth more than that and they deserve "better" rating. I even helped them get their cap by playing their characters when they couldn't play.  All that because I considered it my obligation to a fellow man. I was a nice guy.

Being a nice guy in this game gets you nowhere. It's all about being in a clique and being a douche. You can ask your friends, the braxyn brothers and icynoise about that Felic. Or bludz you can ask your friend Shezze.

I have met only ONE player that was both very good as a player and as a guy. A paladin named cleaveburger. I convinced him quit the game to get his life shorted out; that's how devoted I anyone that proves to me that he is a nice guy.

In a game where there is no sense of punishment or reward don't expect anyone to be nice. Hit them before they hit you.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<