Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

if they nerf hunters without also nerfing elemental shamans then 3s will remain just as silly as it is right now

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#22 Contrololold

Contrololold
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

I understand scatter trapping is one of the things that makes hunter fun, but I think it should be reexamined. Their damage seems manageable to me, it's the 30 seconds of instant CC (when coupled with teammates ofc) that make it troublesome.
A couple of suggestions:

-Change Freezing Trap to Freezing Shot
  • 15 second cooldown
  • 1.5 second cast
  • groundable, interruptable, magic immunable, useable on all creatures (no lichborning)
  • DR with Scatter Shot
Tweak Scatter Shot so that it returns to original purpose: self-peels
  • 3 second disorient
  • 10-20 sec CD
  • No longer breaks on DoT damage (remove from glyph)
  • Suppresses snares for 2 seconds

twitch.tv/xrags -- streaming boomkin PoV: dk/boom/rsham, mage/boom/rsham, rogue/boom/rsham, etc.

Sometimes resto / Mistweaver

#23 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

lol everyone knew that already, the changes i mentioned have little to no impact on the dps meter. In fact id be surprised if they had an impact even in pvp. It would just tune down the crazy pressure you can feel at times against a hunter

if you really want to discuss damage, possibly removing the front loaded damage on focus abilities and pets and put more into cobra/steady as well as auto attacks. Someone discussed a 3 stack buff system like other melee possess, maybe thats the answer.

Of the changes you recommended:

1. ICD - silence shot & scatter

Would definitely help pvp but casuals who have trouble CCing in 5 mans or raids will cry.

2. BW doesn't break crowd control

Absolutely, #1 change they have to make, I'm in full agreement.

3. Additional glyph to break cc.

I don't agree, 3 trinkets is too much for any class to havve.

4. Blink strikes change.

This will have a large effect on pve. Nuff said.

5. Stampede 15% less damage

This damage adds up more than you think in pve when you combine is with boss debuffs + bloodlust i.e. Horridon mechanic. Personally I think stampede shouldn't be useable in arenas.

6. Trample change

There are several pets with high uptime on casting reduction.

7. Readiness change

If readiness does not reset BW or rapid fire, that's a significant pve dps change.

#24 Moreudirl

Moreudirl
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2481

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

Of the changes you recommended:

1. ICD - silence shot & scatter

Would definitely help pvp but casuals who have trouble CCing in 5 mans or raids will cry.

2. BW doesn't break crowd control

Absolutely, #1 change they have to make, I'm in full agreement.

3. Additional glyph to break cc.

I don't agree, 3 trinkets is too much for any class to havve.

4. Blink strikes change.

This will have a large effect on pve. Nuff said.

5. Stampede 15% less damage

This damage adds up more than you think in pve when you combine is with boss debuffs + bloodlust i.e. Horridon mechanic. Personally I think stampede shouldn't be useable in arenas.

6. Trample change

There are several pets with high uptime on casting reduction.

7. Readiness change

If readiness does not reset BW or rapid fire, that's a significant pve dps change.

thats why several of my suggestions say "PVP ZONES" such as the way collo/FW work on enemy players

#25 Axalmar

Axalmar
  • Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

-scatter and silencing shot now share a 15 second ICD (if damage is to remain so absurdly high)

- BM no longer breaks you out of crowd controlling effects

-new glyph added glyph of wild beast or something, your BM no longer increases you or your pets damage, but now removes crowd control effects

-stampede deals 15% less damage

-blink strikes now has a 20 second cooldown, but now removes any root or snare from your pet. (the teleport) (maybe reduce the passive dmg boost to 25 or 35% down from 50%)

-trample now has a 30 second cooldown in a pvp zone (still applies AOE 10 yards)

-readiness no longer resets the cooldown of chim shot, glaive toss, power shot, aimed shot, silencing shot, binding shot, scatter shot or BM, ETC. Now only applies to traps, deterrence and disengage. (applies only to PVP zones)

-disengage web looked at somehow, lower duration?

Have you lost your mind ? Were supposed to be balancing the spec not completely destroy the class. Minor changes people, minor changes. BM trinket and perhaps some LoS pet damage at first. See where that gets us to.

Most importantly if you do that to readiness you completely destroy MM/SV and no hunter likes playing BM.

#26 Moreudirl

Moreudirl
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

i havent lost my mind, ive only lost my will to fight hunters in 3v3 in 99% of the games

Edited by Moreudirl, 09 June 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#27 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

nothing against reckful but watching his stream and basing anything off it other than rogue related issues and "possibly" warrior related issues is silly.

if youve watched him play his feral you would assume feral druids are garbage atm lol, he has fun playing new classes and people enjoy watching him do it. It does not mean he has a remote clue what hes doing yet.

Very true,

He was playing feral the other day without a power shift macro getting caught in caster form shifting out of roots. He was also eating full deep freezes w/o using barkskin. Watching his stream would make you think mages are god mode and ferals need help w/ mobility.

#28 Axalmar

Axalmar
  • Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

how do you even have acces? you actually have down syndrome.... PVE doesn't matter

Anyways, Readiness should only reset defensive CDs( IE: disengage, deterance) not scatter or silence shot
Stempede damage should be nerfed by 15% or reduce the amounts of pets from 5 to 3.
Kill command by 10-20%
Pet claw by 10-20% since thats what fucks everyone

Which one do you think comes first, PvP or PvE ? Incase you havent noticed 5.3 feral damage was buffed due to PvE problems. This game revolves around PvE and PvP comes 2nd. Should know that by now.

#29 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

I understand scatter trapping is one of the things that makes hunter fun, but I think it should be reexamined. Their damage seems manageable to me, it's the 30 seconds of instant CC (when coupled with teammates ofc) that make it troublesome.
A couple of suggestions:

What a lot of people fail to realize is that the long cc chains hunters can put out are a result of the 3xtrinkets. When is the last time a BM hunter sat in a full CC? This has been a problem since 5.2.

If a priest fears me, pally hammers/repent, monk stun, whatever, I can just pop BW and scatter them b/c they are now within range. I traded a 1 min CD to be able to scatter/trap/stun/silence a healer and that "trinket" will be back up again in 40ish seconds. The 3xtrinkets is what helps hunter win the cc trading game.

#30 zajklon

zajklon
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Destruction 1/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

maybe they should make readyness dispel CC instead of bw. makes them waste alot of major cooldowns if they want to break CC. that will also make it so that i dont have to wait till they pop TBW to start CCing a hunter or else you are stuck with half dr'ed cc after they pop their cds..

#31 Moreudirl

Moreudirl
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

What a lot of people fail to realize is that the long cc chains hunters can put out are a result of the 3xtrinkets. When is the last time a BM hunter sat in a full CC? This has been a problem since 5.2.

If a priest fears me, pally hammers/repent, monk stun, whatever, I can just pop BW and scatter them b/c they are now within range. I traded a 1 min CD to be able to scatter/trap/stun/silence a healer and that "trinket" will be back up again in 40ish seconds. The 3xtrinkets is what helps hunter win the cc trading game.

even marks hunters are strong right now lol, in fact i find marks hunters just as hard if not harder to deal with when playing with a warlock at times. (at 2400-2600 MMR)

hard hitting shots on cloth, same CC capabilities added with binding shot stun.

Edited by Moreudirl, 09 June 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#32 Phillol

Phillol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2278

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

Which one do you think comes first, PvP or PvE ? Incase you havent noticed 5.3 feral damage was buffed due to PvE problems. This game revolves around PvE and PvP comes 2nd. Should know that by now.

As far as I know this isn't WoW general forums, it's a pvp forum and im simply discussing pvp related changes,

You should know that by now.

#33 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

How do you feel about those marks hunters? Are they good players? Or do they mongo abilities like BM hunters?

I'm assuming those marks hunters are smarter about positioning and setting up burst b/c they don't have BW get out of jail free cards.

#34 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

As far as I know this isn't WoW general forums, it's a pvp forum and im simply discussing pvp related changes,

Holinka has mentioned in the past that they will browse AJ for some ideas & brainstorming.

If you want to provide constructive feedback you need to understand that in the overall scheme of things pve is much more important to blizz/wow's survivability than pvp.

Edited by Hackattack3, 09 June 2013 - 05:11 PM.

#35 Moreudirl

Moreudirl
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

marks:
mongo abilities, everything hits harder, pet isnt as important so simply howling the pet off or killing it does not help very much. Its the same thing with more CC. The only difference is the hunter needs to rely on his healer to dispel him to win in the first 2 minutes. If he sits triple DR CC, when its done they can still do the same unstoppable CC rotation as BM, longer with aoe stun binding shot. (bind--->typhoon or explosive trap)

powershot+chim shot is pretty solid.

obviously BM is better still, but the marks hunters are definitely harder to deal with at times, especially when coupled with a feral while a cloth is on your team (mage/lock/spriest)

Edited by Moreudirl, 09 June 2013 - 05:13 PM.

#36 Phillol

Phillol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2278

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

Holinka has mentioned in the past that they will browse AJ for some ideas & brainstorming.

If you want to provide constructive feedback you need to understand that in the overall scheme of things pve is much more important to blizz/wow's survivability than pvp.

He's a PVP devv

#37 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

I'm sure the BM hunters would like to see this change:

Bestial wrath redigned:

-No longer usable in cc
-Bit longer CD
-Readiness doesn't reset it anymore
-It now makes you immune to cc for 10-12sec (This is how it used to be, before some novice class designer decided to turn it into a pvp trinket)

This change would solve the problem of BM hunters having 3 pvp trinkets. BM hunters would be happy with it and so would others. In addition this change would have no effect on pve.

#38 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

He's a PVP devv

Backs up my point even more,

He wouldn't have the authority to make ANY change that could effect pve w/o the other dev's approval.

#39 Senaa

Senaa
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/1/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2341

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

I've played the game for a while but never played it really competitively. I don't intend to do so either until something is done about Priest/Hunter/X. Perhaps Readiness could be removed. That way their very long strong openers with CD's lasting forever could be prevented. Hunters force everyone to play like a retard becuase otherwise you'll die to the enemy Hunter if he is to be alive for more than 60 sec...

#40 Rockyson

Rockyson
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Survival
  • RBG: 1489

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

I'm sure the BM hunters would like to see this change:

Bestial wrath redigned:

-No longer usable in cc
-Bit longer CD
-Readiness doesn't reset it anymore
-It now makes you immune to cc for 10-12sec (This is how it used to be, before some novice class designer decided to turn it into a pvp trinket)

This change would solve the problem of BM hunters having 3 pvp trinkets. BM hunters would be happy with it and so would others. In addition this change would have no effect on pve.

yeah no. you do realize that 10-12 sec cc immunity is way more mongo then what we have now. they would pop all cds in the opener and be like lol cant cc me trololo
I

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<