Help

First time DK

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Cloysterz

Cloysterz
  • Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

hello, first i want to said my english is not very well. i have some questions about DKs.
what rotation? i know in pvp is no rotation like in pve but u know what i mean
what presence i have to use? im playing unholy
and if u know any helpful tricks/suggestions would be good
thanks

#2 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

I have the same questions - I'm too used to warrior.

Btw unholy frenzy is used the same time with garg or..?

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#3 Nerdstomperr

Nerdstomperr
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1493
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 2141
  • RBG: 1896

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

reroll ele fotm only way to go why play a dk?

#4 Neosaurfang

Neosaurfang
  • Asparagus
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Blood 2/1/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1656
  • 3v3: 2418
  • 5v5: 2203
  • RBG: 1
  • LocationGoldshire

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

Plague strike to apply diseases, when you use CD's use Outbreak. Festering * 2 for 4 Death runes. If you use chains of ice and fail to get 4 runes, use Blood Boil (Also use Blood boil pest spread talent - First tier) Blood boil also hits harder then blood strike so even if you dont have it, use blood boil. With all death runes Necrotic strike. Unholy runes plague strike/scourge depending on needs for diseases/damage. Always try to keep dots on everyone for more preasure (most people can dispell them when applying CC so it doesn't matter aslong as you dont re apply them after they have cc'ed them.

Presences, Use Unholy/Blood. this is very important as it makes up for alot of damage, whenever youre not targetted switch to Unholy but if they are on you stay blood presence. Use conversion for defense Heal ignore other talents use !cast conversion and spam if it needed (Double heal) if not then use it once and it will keep ticking untill runic power runs out or cancelled. Also, if youre not taking alot of damage cancel it again so it wont sit on draining your Runic power and prevent you from doing damage.

My reforge priorities are Mastery/Haste/Critt. I just prefer mastery for Gargoyle damage and dot ticks/death coil damage. Some goes critt or haste, but i prefer mastery and always have.
Gems - Red Strength - Blue - PvP power/Strength (I have done some testing and i actually believe PvP power does more necrotic absorb then strength in a 1:1 ratio but damage hits less like plague etc, but its worth it especially in those sockets that gives 60+ Strength bonuses because you gain 80 Strength + 80 PvP power, so you only lose 20 Strength but gain 80 PvP power.) Yellow - Strength/Mastery

My armory is also here if youre interested. THanks all
also if you want to be nice to your pet make a good macro like /cast [@pet] Death Coil and /Cast huddle if youre ghoul is enraged you cna safely use huddle and it wont be affected. in normal mode it will sit still and channel it, but enraged its a buff that stops damage. so keep that in mind when using it.

THANKS ALL

EDIT: Frenzy + Gargoyle = True, Same CD you can't use it to break people out of CC anymore so yeah.
Also blood tap for another 2 Necrotics, when you have used your 3minute cooldown and if youre using your 1 Min  strength trinket then wait for 10 charges, then use your Outbreak + Necro + necro + Double necro with charges including youre trinket. Also if youre interested in waiting for Unholy strength before using your CDs with gargoyle + frenzy that's also a good thing to do. thanks all
Posted Image

#5 Capers

Capers
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination 0/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1509
  • LocationFlorida, U.S

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

View PostBraindance, on 08 June 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

I have the same questions - I'm too used to warrior.

Btw unholy frenzy is used the same time with garg or..?

Neo covered most of the stuff, but as for unholy frenzy, yeah you use it with garg pretty much. It used to break your healer out of CCs for like 30 seconds if not dispelled, but they changed it to not break CC, so it's just used as a haste buff now. If you think your partner could use it more, then use it on them. But overall, I just use it on myself.
Please review signature rules at: http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#6 Cloysterz

Cloysterz
  • Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

thank you favoured... btw why all orcs dks have eng and no insignia? engineers have something like human racial/insignia?

#7 freshfreefly

freshfreefly
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 1995
  • 3v3: 2209
  • 5v5: 1247
  • RBG: 1944
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostNerdstomperr, on 08 June 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

reroll ele fotm only way to go why play a dk?

because PHD

#8 freshfreefly

freshfreefly
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 1995
  • 3v3: 2209
  • 5v5: 1247
  • RBG: 1944
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

View PostCloysterz, on 09 June 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

thank you favoured... btw why all orcs dks have eng and no insignia? engineers have something like human racial/insignia?

I don't actually play a DK, but since i play a mage i'm pretty sure i can answer this accurately.

Several mages are doing the same. We decide to play without Insignia, and play with gear that ends up in a higher damage output, Mages have several ways to get out of CC: we never need to trinket a full stun because of blink, and if we are silenced usually the healer can dispell it or ultimately we can block. Basically we're trading some survivability for a lot more damage.

Some people do this in different ways: Some go human, thus still having the extra damage but with a trinket, and some go orc. Those people will then have 2 offensive trinkets as well as the orc racial, which grants lots of spell power / AP, to increase your burst even further.

DKs can do the same: You have other ways to get out of CC, such as descecrated ground or icebound fortitude :)

#9 jLn

jLn
  • Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

Important is also the blood tap handling for maximum necrotics.
If you have enough time to prepare your burst i.e. when waiting for procc icds to come up, you can pool runic power with 4 deathrunes and 12 charges of blood tap. then spend the two unholy runes, use blood tab, burn cds with proccs up, spam necrotics, wait for the likely peel, spend runic power on deathcoils, blood tab again and continue spamming necros.

#10 Cloysterz

Cloysterz
  • Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

View Postfreshfreefly, on 09 June 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

I don't actually play a DK, but since i play a mage i'm pretty sure i can answer this accurately.

Several mages are doing the same. We decide to play without Insignia, and play with gear that ends up in a higher damage output, Mages have several ways to get out of CC: we never need to trinket a full stun because of blink, and if we are silenced usually the healer can dispell it or ultimately we can block. Basically we're trading some survivability for a lot more damage.

Some people do this in different ways: Some go human, thus still having the extra damage but with a trinket, and some go orc. Those people will then have 2 offensive trinkets as well as the orc racial, which grants lots of spell power / AP, to increase your burst even further.

DKs can do the same: You have other ways to get out of CC, such as descecrated ground or icebound fortitude :)
but why is there engineering?

#11 Neosaurfang

Neosaurfang
  • Asparagus
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationGoldshire

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

I use 2 ON proc trinkets, they usually proc together in the start. together with my 15% Strength and Engineering i get alot of Strength /Damage. I guess they dont play with trinket becuase they can Desecrate and IBF out of anything but Disarm. And its alot more damage then human can get becuase of the Racial.
Posted Image

#12 Vynieh

Vynieh
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2124

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

View PostCloysterz, on 09 June 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

but why is there engineering?
After they nerfed (re-designed) how the on-use trinket works it now gives 2.8k STR on-use while the proc trinket gives around 4k STR iirc. After this people started to use the proc trinket and Relic of Xuen which also is a proc trinket, therefore, you don't have any on-demand STR bonus and this is where the engineering gloves comes in handy. They are on a 1 min CD so you will just want to use them when you have other STR procs such as trinkets and/or Unholy Strength.

Hope this helped!

#13 Cloysterz

Cloysterz
  • Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

but they have super str on hands, nothing with engineering

#14 Maso-eu

Maso-eu
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

I'm curious. Is there any spells that is useless to even have on the bar for a DK ? Is Blood Boil prefered over pestilence and if so. Is there any situations where you use Pesti over blood boil ? that sort of stuff

#15 Neosaurfang

Neosaurfang
  • Asparagus
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationGoldshire

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

Blood boil takes over Pestilence when you pick the tier 1 blood boil spread. Blood boil hits harder then Blood strike 1v1, but if youre next to someone who is trapped, and youre going to use the blood rune to Blood boil, id recomend using blood strike instead. Useless abilities would be path of frost, gateway and other stuff like that.
Posted Image

#16 Aspira

Aspira
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Moonglade
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 576

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:20 AM

View PostCloysterz, on 09 June 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

but they have super str on hands, nothing with engineering

Engineering doesn't replace glove enchant.

#17 Cloysterz

Cloysterz
  • Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

what about some DKs macros guys?

#18 Bracketx

Bracketx
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/0/0/0/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:26 AM

No one in this thread mentioned Empower Rune Weapon (DeathKnight version of Preparation/Cold Snap/Readiness etc.)....

#19 hary86

hary86
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1928

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

OMFG, how can you even comapre ERW to stuff like Readiness/Preparation?.. -.-' It doesnt reset cd od your: Piilar of frost/IBF/Lichbourne/AMZ/AMS/Strangulate etc. so what is your point? Almost all classes that have resouce system different from mana, have skill like ERW, that generates extra rage/energy, so its nothing special, realy.

#20 Calixia

Calixia
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/1/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2277

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

View PostCloysterz, on 12 June 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

what about some DKs macros guys?

I'll just mention some of those that i use

Pet leap
/petautocastoff Claw
/cast Leap

Pet Stun
/petautocastoff Claw
/cast Gnaw

Coil
/petautocaston Claw
/cast Death Coil

Conversion
/cast !Conversion

Necrotic
/cast blood tap

/cast necrotic strike

Presences
/cast blood presence
/cast unholy presence

Lichborne heal
/cast Blood Tap

/cast Lichborne
/target player
/cast Death Coil
/targetlasttarget

Now from those you will need also some focus
Strangulate
Death Grip
Dark Simulacrum
Pet Leap
Pet Stun
Chains of ice
Mind Freeze

Also dont forget your cancelauras since you will want to instantly remove any block/bubbles/bops etc from dark sim, along with lichborne/unholy blight in order to avoid getting cced or breaking ccs respectively.

Also you will need a pet coil macro
/cast [@pet] Death Coil

And a pet huddle
/cast Huddle

Dont forget Pet follow and pet attack

Remember to macro your gargoyle with trinkets and unholy frenzy.
I prefer to wait for my pve/pvp trinket proc along with weapon proc and then use frenzy & engineering gloves along with gargoyle
then spam the heck out of necrotic, once new clean runes are up festering them till u get 4 death runes loading. Then empower rune, and throw another 4 globals of necrotics.

You have just forced basically all their defensive cooldowns
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<