Photo

Updated Guide @ (How to Walk With the Wind) http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/238945-how-to-walk-with-the-wind/

monk guide gem reforge macros

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/1/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2735
  • 3v3: 3041
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 768

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

I'm a little confused by Storm, Earth, and Fire. Is this something i would use to say put on a hunter pet while im on the hunter or his partner to try and make his healer decide who to heal, or something i just ignore and never really use?

The biggest purpose for Storm, Earth, and Fire isn't that big anymore. Since 5.3 rogue nerfs rogues appearance in arena has drastically dropped, but when you do see a rogue they are CONSTANTLY going for restealths, this is like the 2nd best ability to stop restealths following faerie fire.

I might make a complete guide on monks abilities like some of the other class guides we've seen on this sight, very in-depth and such.

And Hid got most of the other points although most of them you shouldn't do. Using a clone on gateway is the biggest waste of damage you could do, at any time in the game a lock can just get another since the cast time is so short so you'd just be gimping yourself. In 2v2 it can be useful if the team is dumb, anything with a fear or root and just fear/root it and it fades. Stopping drinks is good, before the Blood Horror buff I used to it get rid of that but it doesn't work with pets anymore so that made it pointless, using it on a pet is a bad idea because if you haven't noticed yet pets parry chance is stupid so it would be very easy to keep the pet up. A hunter could probably mend pet through clone damage on it tbh. Hope that clears things up :)

#22 hid

hid
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1934

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:24 AM

The biggest purpose for Storm, Earth, and Fire isn't that big anymore. Since 5.3 rogue nerfs rogues appearance in arena has drastically dropped, but when you do see a rogue they are CONSTANTLY going for restealths, this is like the 2nd best ability to stop restealths following faerie fire.

I might make a complete guide on monks abilities like some of the other class guides we've seen on this sight, very in-depth and such.

And Hid got most of the other points although most of them you shouldn't do. Using a clone on gateway is the biggest waste of damage you could do, at any time in the game a lock can just get another since the cast time is so short so you'd just be gimping yourself. In 2v2 it can be useful if the team is dumb, anything with a fear or root and just fear/root it and it fades. Stopping drinks is good, before the Blood Horror buff I used to it get rid of that but it doesn't work with pets anymore so that made it pointless, using it on a pet is a bad idea because if you haven't noticed yet pets parry chance is stupid so it would be very easy to keep the pet up. A hunter could probably mend pet through clone damage on it tbh. Hope that clears things up :)

I disagree about the gateway point. depending on the comps ofc, it is usually easy to prevent a recast on the gateway for quite some time, in my experience the split damage for 20 sec or so is worth it for a (temporary) gateway kill.

What you miss here about SE&F is that it's free to cast (technically you do waste a GCD, but during that gcd you regen more energy than the clone took to cast), so it is useful in those situations even if they decide to waste a fear cd on it, or even if they just smack it a few times to kill it, they spent more globals doing that than you spent creating the problem for them in the first place. It is minor, but it certainly isn't something you should advise against.

Using it vs rogues to prevent restealths isn't really a big thing, not even when rogues were popular. Can't cast SE&F on targets OOLOS, and they're really easy to kill, so every time the rogue wants a restealth he'll just tab to it, instagib it as he goes oolos and chances are high you won't have time to react to recast it before he's away. But hey, if the rogue is terrible maybe it works sometimes.

Ofc the hunter pet part I completely agree with, that's just a complete waste (outside of -possibly- sending a clone just to get the MS effect up if pet is far away with lock dots up on low hp, but really, that's just such an inconsequential thing)

edit:
Also a small point in response to:

..., and since we're talking about 2s its important to know that against teams like UA locks or unh dk healer teams I will take healing elixirs even though they are magic damage, if you die when your healer isn't cc'd or oom then someone messed up. They are drain comps and healing elixirs will take some pressure off.

Keep in mind that there is an alternative; diffuse magic as the offensive option, using it to reflect dots back for more counterpressure during dark soul for example, or simply using it on regular dots for your 10stack TEB burst, it really adds up, especially if you can time it with a ToK if they're going for you for even more dmg. Somewhat gimmicky yes, and obviously only works if your healer can keep up without healing elixirs but I thought I'd mention it at least!

Edited by hid, 19 June 2013 - 12:29 AM.

#23 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:26 AM

maybe, depends on situations, I still think its not worth it, takes well over 30s to kill it from clone alone because it's not like your pveing you dont have 100% uptime and all it takes to get one back is a fear really, not to mention teammates peeling etc etc. I agree that without a gate it would be worth it but if they can just get one back in like 30s-1 minute unless you have all the cool downs chances are you won't end up getting a kill before there is another up. That's just my experience, all games are completely situational however, for the rogue part, most of the time when they go for re-stealths is super obvious and you can throw one OR if you're on a rogue and they pull back behind a pillar instead of chasing back like a derp you can just throw a clone and that will refresh cb for another 6-10s however long it is and if they kill it big deal for them to target it and get it down with it scaling with resil that's going to be like 15-30s just for a restealth, worth it imo.

Edited by BalanceRexxar, 19 June 2013 - 01:27 AM.

#24 hid

hid
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:07 AM

The clones have 40k hp, so even with resil they're really really easy to kill. It's a one time thing vs any rogue team, first time you do it they will be suprised and mess up the restealth, but second game they usually don't if they're decent, fearie fire is orders of magnitude more annoying >.<

Anyways, minor thing. Also, I'd suggest just putting your portal on top of the locks portal, if you manage it right and rotate interrupts if he starts trying to get another gateway you should be able to prevent it going up for at least a minute (just manage fear breaks well in addition to rotating interrupts.) It's a powerful strategy if done right. Really takes some locks by suprise.

I've actually had several locks stop bothering getting a new gateway if you're on him because every time he gets a new one even if it takes me 20-30 sec to kill it, it still always dies eventually, without any loss of peel on anyone since I'm still on lock. Nothing else to do while building TEB stacks anyways, so why not put a clone on the gateway?

Edited by hid, 19 June 2013 - 02:10 AM.

#25 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:44 AM

Well if you play monk like that then ya I suppose you have nothing better to do, I don't really save stacks up really high I play "pressure monk" if you read my post at all. I agree might as well do it if you're going after a 8-12 stack I suppose.

#26 hid

hid
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:59 AM

I play the 2 different styles depending on what team we're up against as well as based on what team I'm playing in. I see no reason for limiting yourself to 1 style, they have different strengths/weaknesses.

#27 Machmaplatz

Machmaplatz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1462

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

I noticed all you guys have some RBG rating ... how do you get teams ? I never get a spot as DPS
What role do WW Monks fill that make them good in RBG ? ( beside healer )

#28 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

I noticed all you guys have some RBG rating ... how do you get teams ? I never get a spot as DPS
What role do WW Monks fill that make them good in RBG ? ( beside healer )

Well when I got like 2150ish in rbgs I had friends on my server who took me. Monks can be very useful in RBG's but goes unnoticed, or used to at least, we took my monk to a lot of games because of flying serpent kick from the rock in EoTS to flag and get it before anyone can stop you so you get a free flag. Another bonus is if you're horde on WSG or Twin Peaks I would always FC for the first cap if it's a quick cap. We had a rogue slow their EFC while me (monk) and our mage would go to get flag, I'd get slow fall and flying serpant kick across and like 9/10 times we'd get the first cap. And in B4G at WW spinning crane kick is easily the best spinning ability in the game. No pun intended. In AB monks are average, you can flying serpant kick w/ slowfall to mines from LM if you get it right, and you can 1v1 almost anything so going GM at the beginning is really effective. But all that was 5.2, in 5.3 where you can't do the EoTS strat which is most effective they aren't as good, most groups that will take you will want you to FC as WW because of our mobility. Not many people do RBG's anymore since you can just get tyrannical w/ honor.

#29 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:35 AM

Please look at my new guide @ http://www.arenajunk...-with-the-wind/

#30 classics

classics
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2079

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:40 AM

Great guide. + rep

#31 Donie

Donie
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2098
  • 3v3: 2015
  • RBG: 1939

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

any1 else having problems against hunter teams in 2s? im eating traps and shit.. just having issues actually sticking to the target.. and the damn pet always messes up FoF :(

#32 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

any1 else having problems against hunter teams in 2s? im eating traps and shit.. just having issues actually sticking to the target.. and the damn pet always messes up FoF :(

Yeah, hunter teams can prove difficult, almost any class with a pet is going to not take a lot of damage from FoF so your best bet is to try to kill the pets by taunting it behind a pillar and using all your damage on it but if that doesn't work you can just train the healer, monks can kill just about any healer after enough time.

#33 Donie

Donie
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2098
  • 3v3: 2015
  • RBG: 1939

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

Yeah, hunter teams can prove difficult, almost any class with a pet is going to not take a lot of damage from FoF so your best bet is to try to kill the pets by taunting it behind a pillar and using all your damage on it but if that doesn't work you can just train the healer, monks can kill just about any healer after enough time.

FML played ww up to 2.3k mmr in 3s and 2.1k in 2s.. and after almost a full season u remind of ability i dont even have bound.. fuckin taunt :D cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<