Photo

Updated Guide @ (How to Walk With the Wind) http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/238945-how-to-walk-with-the-wind/

monk guide gem reforge macros

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/1/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2735
  • 3v3: 3041
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 768

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:16 AM

Updated Guide @ http://www.arenajunk...the-wind/������ thanks

Edited by BalanceRexxar, 21 June 2013 - 11:02 PM.

#2 Birn18

Birn18
  • Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:53 AM

One of the best monks i have played with. Really Good Forum with a lot of good advice.

#3 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:54 AM

great guide +rep!

#4 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:05 AM

thanks yo

#5 augiddin

augiddin
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1724
  • 3v3: 2352
  • 5v5: 1152
  • RBG: 1915

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

Just to clarify the meta doesn't give 3% crit it increases the damage of your crits by 3% so 203% instead of 200%. Good guide though I'd suggest looking into agi/hit gems in blue sockets if it will save you a reforge or let you use a diff piece since the pvp power is pretty marginal.

#6 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

I checked it out and you can put 2 160 agil gems w/ 160 hit and get the non-hit bracers then it is slightly better but if you put 160 agil and hit in all 3 blues then you're over.

Thanks Augidiin.

#7 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:23 AM

Also another good tip that I left out:

It is important to have 2 weapons with the Dancing Steel enchant for teams you face that have no disarms, if there is even 1 disarm it is worth taking the weapon chain / 2.2k weapon chain.

#8 Ðravus1296683947

Ðravus1296683947
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/0/0/1
  • RBG: 576

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Really great guide man. Thank you. Was just curious what is up with most monks using a fist weapon, and axe/sword?

Some people have told me just cosmetic.. but I've seen A LOT of players doing that. Anything special?

What is your take on tailoring? The proc is really nice for pressure monk
“Some say it's better to think before you act. While those people are considering all the options, that's usually when I kill them.”—Dravus, Lava Mage (Sudden Impact Card, Magic the Gathering)

#9 augiddin

augiddin
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1724
  • 3v3: 2352
  • 5v5: 1152
  • RBG: 1915

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

Really great guide man. Thank you. Was just curious what is up with most monks using a fist weapon, and axe/sword?

Some people have told me just cosmetic.. but I've seen A LOT of players doing that. Anything special?

If they are orc its because axe and fists give expertise, if not its purely cosmetic but if you play horde you prob want to stick with them anyways incase you chose to race change or swords on alliance incase you go human ect. Tailoring is decent but personally I'm not a big fan of procs myself seeing as you end up kiting a lot as a monk.

#10 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:18 AM

Since I'm a blood elf I have no bonuses from types of weapons so I use an fist weapon and a axe because I only want 1 sword on my back instead of 2, and it's an axe because I used to be orc but when we got 2nd trinket I found that the stun reduction wasn't as good. And as far as tailoring goes I haven't tried it myself but it looks good, engineering + tailoring would be a good combo.

#11 Catalystics

Catalystics
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/1/1/1/1

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:42 AM

Good Guide. Good Monk. Bad Feral Druid.

#12 Roffejow

Roffejow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2258

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:47 AM

Good guide overall, thumbs up!

#13 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2263
  • 3v3: 2361
  • RBG: 1831

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:21 PM

I'm a little confused by Storm, Earth, and Fire. Is this something i would use to say put on a hunter pet while im on the hunter or his partner to try and make his healer decide who to heal, or something i just ignore and never really use?
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#14 hid

hid
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1934

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

I'm a little confused by Storm, Earth, and Fire. Is this something i would use to say put on a hunter pet while im on the hunter or his partner to try and make his healer decide who to heal, or something i just ignore and never really use?

It has its uses, for example you can send it on a warlock gateway to let it chip away at it. Also useful to keep healers in combat if you see them going for a drink (forces them to spend time to kill it at the very least). Outside of that there aren't many uses for it outside of 2v2.

Could possibly use it as an aoe pressure tool in certain comps, but I haven't really tried that out much yet (tried it as affliction/ww/sham and saw some success with it vs certain comps. It will keep the MS effect up on all targets.)

#15 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2263
  • 3v3: 2361
  • RBG: 1831

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

It has its uses, for example you can send it on a warlock gateway to let it chip away at it. Also useful to keep healers in combat if you see them going for a drink (forces them to spend time to kill it at the very least). Outside of that there aren't many uses for it outside of 2v2.

Could possibly use it as an aoe pressure tool in certain comps, but I haven't really tried that out much yet (tried it as affliction/ww/sham and saw some success with it vs certain comps. It will keep the MS effect up on all targets.)

Ty sir, this is what i thought the uses were for as well.
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#16 Machmaplatz

Machmaplatz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1462

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

Hey,

first of all thx for the guide !!

i checked your armory and got some questions
Is leg sweep > rop ?
diffuse magic < healing elixier ?

why you only got 4% expertise ?

what are some good 2v2 comps for WW monk and how to play against popular enemy comps would be nice :) I cant realy figure out myself becaus its hard to get m8ts and if you get someone to play with you and you screw up becaus you dunno what to do well ... **** has left the party :( :unsure:

#17 hid

hid
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

Hey,

Is leg sweep > rop ?

what are some good 2v2 comps for WW monk and how to play against popular enemy comps would be nice :) I cant realy figure out myself becaus its hard to get m8ts and if you get someone to play with you and you screw up becaus you dunno what to do well ... **** has left the party :( :unsure:

RoP is pretty terrible since the nerf, Leg Sweep is better vs virtually any team. RoP might be better vs something silly like double dk, but that's pretty much how bad it is right now.

You take diffuse magic vs any comp with magical dmg, healing elixirs vs comps without burst but heavy physical pressure, mainly hunter teams. And you take dampen harm vs physical burst comps, like rogue+other melee(very rare, but there you go.)

What expertise you go for is a matter of taste, 3-6% being the most common, some go up to like 8% but personally I feel it's a huge waste to ever go above 6%, and even 6% has some drawbacks. (optimal thing is to pick up alternate items to allow you to have two different sets of low and high expertise gear so you can swap to the 3% set vs wizcleaves for example.)

monk+any healer is great in 2s, especially druid and priest, but anything works. Monk isn't a good class for 2dps comps in 2s, but can work decently with a feral or rogue. There's also a few other random comps, but nothing else is as good as ww+healer.

Edited by hid, 18 June 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#18 Machmaplatz

Machmaplatz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1462

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

RoP is pretty terri......

wow that was fast :) thx

another question i have is I see alot of monks only gemming agi ... is that better than getting the socket bonuses ?

#19 hid

hid
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

wow that was fast :) thx

another question i have is I see alot of monks only gemming agi ... is that better than getting the socket bonuses ?

Depends I guess, maybe it ends up being more potential burst(it does), maybe viable for humans with double trinket or something, but overall I think going for socket bonuses is better. I view full agi gemming as gimmicky.

Edited by hid, 18 June 2013 - 01:02 PM.

#20 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:49 PM

Hey,

Is leg sweep > rop ?

Unless you're going for a 2.2k achievement for 2v2 I don't suggest in playing healer dps 2v2 comps, if you aren't able to get a kill it becomes very boring and frustrating. But if you do want a achievement then WW Monk Rdruid is the best healer dps comp there is, I managed to go somewhere around 120-5 to get my 2.2k achieve then proceeded to play with friends for fun / cap.

If you play a double dps twos comp E.G. Destro lock WW monk, you will take healing elixlirs vs ANYTHING,
If you have a healer on your team E.G. Rsham WW monk, you'll take diffuse magic against a team even with 1 caster, (rogue mage for example)
Some goes for 3v3, if you face KFC, healing elixirs, RPS, Diffuse magic, Godcomp, diffuse magic, etc.

My expertise is where I want it, I don't get dodged or parried too much, and since we're talking about 2s its important to know that against teams like UA locks or unh dk healer teams I will take healing elixirs even though they are magic damage, if you die when your healer isn't cc'd or oom then someone messed up. They are drain comps and healing elixirs will take some pressure off.

2s comps I have tried as WW or I believe to be good are here:
Healer Comps:
Disc WW Monk (played to 2-2.2)
Rsham WW monk (played to 2.2)
rdruid ww monk (never played rdruids are best healers because of clones and HotW)
hpal ww monk (2k, not very good, no purge, DR cc, trainable)

DPS Comps:
Destro WW Monk, got that to 2.1, VERY fun.
spriest ww monk, 2k, could go higher just for cap, it was viable w/ swap not sure how it does anymore
DK ww monk, 2k, not much cc hard to beat disc hunter teams, do not recommend.
Rogue ww monk, 2k, (very fun and lots of survivability)

Ones i haven't played but I think would do 2k+:
Boomy ww monk
feral ww monk
hunter ww monk

hope that helps.

edit: leg sweep 100% games

Edited by BalanceRexxar, 18 June 2013 - 10:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<