#41 Smiercx

Smiercx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/0/0/2/0

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

I don't really care about stats anymore since the number differences are minimal. Get yourselves a holy pala for 2s / 3s so you can actually pull out shitloads of DMG during traps, it's amazing actually. I've just hit 2.5k on my 2nd hunter playing hpala junglecleave version in SV spec. And I'm still no expert @ the spec. People underestimate SV cus of only 1 trinket, but like I said, both AOE and single target DMG is so much higher in SV

#42 KILLATON

KILLATON
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1734
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

View PostSmiercx, on 17 June 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

I don't really care about stats anymore since the number differences are minimal. Get yourselves a holy pala for 2s / 3s so you can actually pull out shitloads of DMG during traps, it's amazing actually. I've just hit 2.5k on my 2nd hunter playing hpala junglecleave version in SV spec. And I'm still no expert @ the spec. People underestimate SV cus of only 1 trinket, but like I said, both AOE and single target DMG is so much higher in SV

Will try survival in some 3s games and see how it turns out,
critt over mastery still in surv? Was thinking of explo shot dmg during traps.
Posted Image

#43 amaixliu

amaixliu
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/1/1/0/2

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

View PostUdderly, on 09 June 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

I misspoke in my first post, because I was unaware at the time that Bad Manner had been lengthened in CD like the other pet cc.  Part of why I'm playing with a disarm pet now instead (or tongues pet if its a caster cleave)
yeah they forgot monkeys initially and then some nerd pointed it out to holinka

i'm looking at you bandet

#44 Smiercx

Smiercx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

View PostRaphner, on 17 June 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

Will try survival in some 3s games and see how it turns out,
critt over mastery still in surv? Was thinking of explo shot dmg during traps.
Yeah crit over mastery I guess, but it's not that big of a deal, really. Explo spam is pretty amazing indeed, however I use frost trap against castercleaves to drive them insane :D Freezing against cleave comps

#45 KILLATON

KILLATON
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1734
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

View PostSmiercx, on 17 June 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

Yeah crit over mastery I guess, but it's not that big of a deal, really. Explo spam is pretty amazing indeed, however I use frost trap against castercleaves to drive them insane :D Freezing against cleave comps
Did some 2s, the burst is _AMAZING_ during traps...
Posted Image

#46 Smiercx

Smiercx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:19 AM

View PostRaphner, on 17 June 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

Did some 2s, the burst is _AMAZING_ during traps...
Shhh don't tell anyone

#47 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:53 AM

So I'm struggling to decide which shit talent to take in tier 5.  I typically run TotH in 4, so I have plenty of focus for my burst, but never have enough for the garbage crows, and blink strike seems meh.  Are any of you running lynx rush, even though the burst was nerfed in teh ground?  It seems to be right for the spec, with the dot contributing to overall dmg.

#48 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:59 AM

I just go with blink strike so the few times my pet is actually attacking it does a bit more damage. Exception being Rogue teams since Crows are physical (undispellable) and lasts forever so its nice to keep them in check. Damage isn't noticable.

Never really played with Lynx Rush except at the begining of the xpack, don't see any situation where it could be good.

Edited by GrieverZ, 21 June 2013 - 07:01 AM.

#49 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

Lynx Rush is about double the damage of Crows with half the duration, but obviously it suffers from the Killing Spree drawback in that it's only useful if there is nothing within 10 yards of your target.

I specced Blink Strikes the moment it went passive and haven't changed it for any spec (except rogues occasionally - but even then not all the time). The constant damage is way more than any of the other options imo, and even in short burst windows it contributes comparable damage to the others.

Crow ticks are pathetic.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#50 atropin

atropin
  • Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

• Explosive Trap no longer shares a cooldown with Black Arrow but can no longer activate Lock and Load.

#51 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:25 AM

View Postfant0m8, on 21 June 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

Lynx Rush is about double the damage of Crows with half the duration, but obviously it suffers from the Killing Spree drawback in that it's only useful if there is nothing within 10 yards of your target.

I specced Blink Strikes the moment it went passive and haven't changed it for any spec (except rogues occasionally - but even then not all the time). The constant damage is way more than any of the other options imo, and even in short burst windows it contributes comparable damage to the others.

Crow ticks are pathetic.

@grieverz and russet

My thought process was that lynx rush could be good vs. melee teams or hunter comps (pet kills), since you'll be spreading pressure around with serpent sting and hitting both targets with lynx rush (and if it only hits one, all the better).  I don't really like any of them, and figure blink strike isn't really doing shit for damage, but I guess the utility of him being able to blink to a target is pretty good.  Thanks for the feedback dudes!

I didn't realize crows were physical, but don't you find those few times you use them Grieverz that you don't have the focus because they are insanely expensive?

#52 amaixliu

amaixliu
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:11 AM

if i use crows, i always take fervor too, and that makes it tolerable

#53 meshu

meshu
  • Djliquidnb
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1
  • RBG: 2582

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

You can't play survival, don't you all know taht hunters real niche is having 3 trinkets? Spec BM you faithless bastards

View PostAcerMVP, on 06 August 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

You're a RBG hero, you have no say in Arenas. You only say this because you can kill some one with one button in RBG's and not be killed, sorry buddy, but RBGS =/= Arenas.
Please review signature rules: http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#54 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2027
  • 3v3: 2831
  • 5v5: 1534
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

Have been enjoying survival for majority of 5.3 now. Love facing actual opponents and having them respond with "What survival is real?" or "Wtf we just lost to a survival Hunter"

Damage is great and its getting even better with 5.4. With the Item lvl bump and arcane shot going up to 165% wep dmg it hits 70-80k Crits without Procs up on the PTR currently...... Burst from survival will most likely be the largest out of any of the three specs next patch.

I'm running full mastery reforge due to small differences from testing both crit and mastery and I believe that mastery will still be best next patch because of how well it will scale with the arcane shot buff and new item levels.
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#55 amaixliu

amaixliu
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

yeah stacking survival mastery + arcane shot buff = huge arcane shots lol

MM damage is pretty decent too with the increased wep dmg

#56 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostPouncedd, on 23 June 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

Have been enjoying survival for majority of 5.3 now. Love facing actual opponents and having them respond with "What survival is real?" or "Wtf we just lost to a survival Hunter"

Damage is great and its getting even better with 5.4. With the Item lvl bump and arcane shot going up to 165% wep dmg it hits 70-80k Crits without Procs up on the PTR currently...... Burst from survival will most likely be the largest out of any of the three specs next patch.

I'm running full mastery reforge due to small differences from testing both crit and mastery and I believe that mastery will still be best next patch because of how well it will scale with the arcane shot buff and new item levels.

What comps are you stacking mastery for?  I think this makes sense if you're playing the pressure role, but I would think going with a crit build in something like HLD would make sense, since we need to get the kill during trap while the lock plays more of the pressure role.  I'm really glad to hear that you're still feeling strong on the PTR, though, even while losing silencing shot.  =)

#57 Dravern

Dravern
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1642
  • 3v3: 2285
  • 5v5: 672

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:16 AM

blizz should give silence shot to sv spec too, I enjoy much more playing sv that playing mm atm :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<