• Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1612

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

Hello everybody,

I have been lurking on this website eversince i started playing arenas in season 2, and it has always helped me alot with class guides, macros, and just general gameplay tips etc. But unfortunately the amount of negativity on AJ has increased alot over the years. Sometimes even to the point that it completely shuts down any discussion and turns the whole topic into a flame war. I personally think this i a shame because this is a great website with alot of great ppl on it.

So i came up with 2 idea's to reduce the negativity. They are both fairly familliar with the 2nd one giving a bit more options then the first.

1st: After getting the rating requirement to make post, or after getting gladiator title your only allowed to make posts and reply to posts on the class forum that u got the rating on.

For example a gladiator mage would only be allowed to post/reply on the mage forums, and wont be able to troll in other class forums. To me this makes alot of sence. Why should the mage be allowed to post in the warlock forums when he/she might never have played the warlock class before? I think this alone will reduce alot of trolling and opens up the possibility for a class to have a discussion with ppl from the same class.

2nd: When u create a topic you can choose wich classes are allowed to make posts in that topic.

This 2nd idea is based on the first but it allows ppl to have a discussion between multiple classess. For example a shaman wants to make a topic about tremor totem and wants to hear the opionion from Warlocks or priests.

These are just idea's out of the top of my head and can be improved upon and i would like to hear other ppls opinions about them. As i said before, im just trying to help improve the quality of topics and bring the former glory back to AJ! Thanks for reading and let me hear what you ppl think.

#2 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

General chat can the be the cesspit it always was. Class forums should be clean.

'We don't promise; we implement'

Braindance for warrior forum moderator 2013

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#3 Askin

Askin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 2233

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

I think there wouldn't be a problem if users would get their access removed properly when acting against the forum rules.

I reported one guy multiple times last month, because his posts were against the rules. His threads/posts got deleted after the report.

The forum rules say:

Warning Levels

1 pt: Warning
2 pts: One Day Ban + Access Removal
3 pts: Three Day Ban + Access Removal
4 pts: One Week Ban + Access Removal
5+ pts: Permanent Ban

Since i saw at least 2 posts getting deleted (because of "Insulting Posts", "Spamming", "Whine threads" & "Posting to incite arguments or increase their post count"), he should not have access any longer, but he still has...

Edited by Askin, 03 June 2013 - 03:26 PM.

#4 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1338
  • LocationRussia

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

If I followed the rules to the letter, there would be more banned than active users, including a lot of users who post useful and valid things. 100% strict policy wouldn't work on a community like AJ and I believe this is fairly obvious.

If memory serves me right, the user you're hinting at is permabanned now.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#5 Askin

Askin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 2233

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

If I followed the rules to the letter, there would be more banned than active users, including a lot of users who post useful and valid things. 100% strict policy wouldn't work on a community like AJ and I believe this is fairly obvious.

No he isn't, but nvm then, good to know that someone took at least a look at it.

#6 Galaleo

Galaleo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

It is the internet so unfortunately you will always have loose filters and idiots. I myself have been nabbed by the AJ mods a couple times but I never disagreed with it. I was just trolling people and got what I had deserved. From what I have seen some of the people who were just constant assholes did indeed get perma banned.

#7 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

What about actually getting class specific moderators? Not only could they try to get the class sections going again, but they could also update some threads etc.

#8 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1338
  • LocationRussia

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

What about actually getting class specific moderators? Not only could they try to get the class sections going again, but they could also update some threads etc.

This is up to admins.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#9 xandek

xandek
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection 0/1/2/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1493
  • 3v3: 2545
  • RBG: 384

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

General chat can the be the cesspit it always was. Class forums should be clean.

'We don't promise; we implement'

Braindance for warrior forum moderator 2013

+1

#10 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

The moderating is far better then before but I think you need more people being active on the website for the them to be more strict with the rules, if you would ban everyone who breaks the rules you would have a dead website,

#11 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 959
  • 3v3: 2168
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

Maybe for the first couple of days or weeks. Once people learned their lessons and understood their boundaries they wouldn't cross them.

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#12 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

Give Breakstick all the power.

Best signatures on entire website.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Tibzdtf

Tibzdtf
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nazjatar
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/2/2/.

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

Hello everybody,

I have been lurking on this website eversince i started playing arenas in season 2, and it has always helped me alot with class guides,

This is all I read.

And you still havent gotten Glad 1 time? Yikes.

Plz dont bann me for telling you that you are shit.

"\_( シ)_/"
"\_( シ)_/"Posted Image"\_( シ)_/"

Twitch.tv/tibzngr

#14 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

This is all I read.

And you still havent gotten Glad 1 time? Yikes.

Plz dont bann me for telling you that you are shit.

"\_( シ)_/"

So what you drooling retard? Glad is:
  • 60% politics
  • 20% skill
  • 20% sniping/luck
Now get the fuck out

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

#15 Tibzdtf

Tibzdtf
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nazjatar
  • Shadowburn

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

So what you drooling retard? Glad is:

• 60% politics
  • 20% skill
  • 20% sniping/luck
Now get the fuck out

ROFL, you post on this forum constantly, and everybody knows you are dogshit. Glad means nothing yes, hasnt since s3, which makes it funnier idiots like yourself that post on this forum constantly cant achieve it. Never try to get big with me again you fucking vegan, I will ruin you.

Twitch.tv/tibzngr

#16 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

ROFL, you post on this forum constantly, and everybody knows you are dogshit. Glad means nothing yes, hasnt since s3, which makes it funnier idiots like yourself that post on this forum constantly cant achieve it. Never try to get big with me again you fucking vegan, I will ruin you.

I can take you any time, any place you piece o shit.

In fact, I have like 300 more rating exp than you had in your lifetime. So shut the fuck up and take your "never try to get big with me" to some kid that might be intimidated.

Fucktard

#17 Tibzdtf

Tibzdtf
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nazjatar
  • Shadowburn

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

I can take you any time, any place you piece o shit.

In fact, I have like 300 more rating exp than you had in your lifetime. So shut the fuck up and take your "never try to get big with me" to some kid that might be intimidated.

Fucktard

You are actually the worst. And No you havent. You are nothing, duelists trying to act hard really isnt impressive especially in season 13, but do what you wish, its embarassing for somebody like me to respond to somebody like you. Good byeeeee sexy

[10:06:55 AM] Aubri: rofl that faggot on the forums trying to shit talk you when hes a 1 time glad, IM A FEMALE AND IVE GOTTEN RANK 1, ITS 13 SEASONS INTO THE FUCKING GAME ROFLLL

edit: sorry aubri

Edited by Tibzdtf, 03 June 2013 - 05:17 PM.

Twitch.tv/tibzngr

#18 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

You are actually the worst. And No you havent. You are nothing, duelists trying to act hard really isnt impressive especially in season 13, but do what you wish, its embarassing for somebody like me to respond to somebody like you. Good byeeeee sexy

[10:06:55 AM] Aubri: rofl that faggot on the forums trying to shit talk you when hes a 1 time glad, IM A FEMALE AND IVE GOTTEN RANK 1, ITS 13 SEASONS INTO THE FUCKING GAME ROFLLL

Drbraindance on tich wargame anytime homeboy. Take that bitch with you as well.

Play or shut the fuck up.

#19 Ansi

Ansi
  • Premium Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1027
  • RBG: 1708
  • LocationCold North

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:17 PM