Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

5.4 PvP Changes


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 626
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

The big unannounced feature will have a cool impact on the game and is something they have been talking about for a long time.
Patch 5.4 should be on the PTR fairly soon, so we will know what it is soon!
The team is looking at ways to make getting in to PvP easier, similar to how LFR made getting in to PvE easier. One of the changes made towards this goal was the PvP gear and stat changes in Patch 5.3.


Any speculations on what these changes might be? I'm more interested in the first bullet, hoping they are combining BGs or something to decrease que times.

#2 stillermeister

stillermeister

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

Inb4 people can solo que for RBGs.

#3

  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

View PostFilthpig, on 02 June 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

The big unannounced feature will have a cool impact on the game and is something they have been talking about for a long time.
Patch 5.4 should be on the PTR fairly soon, so we will know what it is soon!
The team is looking at ways to make getting in to PvP easier, similar to how LFR made getting in to PvE easier. One of the changes made towards this goal was the PvP gear and stat changes in Patch 5.3.


Any speculations on what these changes might be? I'm more interested in the first bullet, hoping they are combining BGs or something to decrease que times.

gladiator now requires 1550 arena achievement to be earned as a title, the rank 1 titles have been removed, now gladiator(old) has been reworked to reward the titles similar to rank 1, for furious season, gladiator will be replaced for furious gladiator and so on, also gear now gets stats boost just like guild wars 2 wvwvw.

and Rbgs will now be the main focous of PVP, blizzard will host a rbg tournament in the upcoming future, and new season rewards has been added for rbgs (glad mounts & new titles for season finalé) coming soon!

Edited by Zerlog, 02 June 2013 - 06:33 PM.


#4 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 626
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

View PostZerlog, on 02 June 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:



gladiator now requires 1550 arena achievement to be earned as a title, the rank 1 titles have been removed, now gladiator(old) has been reworked to reward the titles similar to rank 1, for furious season, gladiator will be replaced for furious gladiator and so on, also gear now gets stats boost just like guild wars 2 wvwvw.

and Rbgs will now be the main focous of PVP, blizzard will host a rbg tournament in the upcoming future, and new season rewards has been added for rbgs (glad mounts & new titles for season finalé) coming soon!


At this point would not be surprised.

#5 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 4336
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

Wet dream: "Training mode" Arenas.

A solo queue that puts you into controlled situations (not even against players most of the time, just NPCs) where you need to practice a certain aspect of your class, or react to an important ability of another class. You get graded on your performance and can repeat the arena as many times as you want to improve/get a better score.

As you progress the situations get more and more complex and involve more people/abilities at once. Eventually you graduate to the real Arena.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#6 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 1037
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

Probably something around the lines of:
"You get a ribbon every hundred rating after 2200."

#7 Jeffisnumberone

Jeffisnumberone
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 87
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationRwanda

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

Spectator mode for arenas would be sick
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 mirox

mirox
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 553
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1990
  • 3v3: 2782

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

I am expecting hunter buffs in 5.4

#9 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 864
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

What a dumb thread.

#10 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Posts: 975
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

Would be really sick to get back skirmishes & old wow armory being able to view team history on who played who. Also wanna add bring back THE FLAWLESS VICTOR title please!

Edited by Icekingx, 03 June 2013 - 02:56 AM.

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#11 dominera

dominera
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 218
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2055
  • 3v3: 2256
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 1684
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

View Postfant0m8, on 02 June 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

Wet dream: "Training mode" Arenas.

A solo queue that puts you into controlled situations (not even against players most of the time, just NPCs) where you need to practice a certain aspect of your class, or react to an important ability of another class. You get graded on your performance and can repeat the arena as many times as you want to improve/get a better score.

As you progress the situations get more and more complex and involve more people/abilities at once. Eventually you graduate to the real Arena.

That would be so sick. I really want to see something like that, being able to practice arena towards more specific things and aspects would be so nice

#12 Drizlet

Drizlet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Antonidas
  • Emberstorm
  • Posts: 60
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2409

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

the ability to duel in ironforge again

#13 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 626
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

View Postdominera, on 02 June 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:



That would be so sick. I really want to see something like that, being able to practice arena towards more specific things and aspects would be so nice


They should add a function where you can play in a paid bracket to make gold too. Like wager on practice matches etc.

#14 Fizion

Fizion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 447
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

No gear and you have played naked IRL.

#15 kazuhmeer

kazuhmeer
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 258
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2148
  • RBG: 1849

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:11 PM

pet battles now award gladiator titles

#16 Moshe

Moshe
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 258
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1707
  • 3v3: 2354
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:11 PM

Dance Studio, finally!

#17 Structural

Structural
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 396
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

why do people care about a gay ass dance studio?

#18 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 704
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:55 PM

Pet Battle RBG's which grant r1 title for entering for the first time, just for the commitment. This will also mean Blizzard hosted Pet Battle RBG tournaments with millions in prize pool, cuz.. Let's face it, Pokemons are fuckin awesome!
www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#19 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 626
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:55 PM

View PostStructural, on 02 June 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

why do people care about a gay ass dance studio?

You don't care because you're not fab.





I'm fab.

#20 Oldog

Oldog
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 82
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2335

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:07 AM

only change that will matter is a battlegroup merge




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<