Smygenv
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodhoof
  • Blackout
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2253

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

So the other night i got myself http://www.wowhead.com/item=96171 Gaze of the Twins.
Atm the proc you get lasts for 2 minutes and every time you get a new proc you reset the time so its close to a 100% uptime on it.  

I haven't bothered with figuring out how much crit i get when its fully stacked yet but it seems abit broken to have over 1k str + the proc constantly.

Posted Image without checking i think it should be around 2500-3000 crit constantly up.
Posted Image

#2 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

Well it says it should last for 20 seconds, so it seems to be a bug.

#3 Smygenv

Smygenv
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodhoof
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

Im sure that with 5.3 all trinkets from raids that proc shit had its duration tuned up by 50% i think . I don't think 2 minutes is the intended time for this one
Posted Image

#4 Bamflol

Bamflol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2493
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

I noticed this as well actually on my ret, it lasts about 2 minutes, and it scales to roughly 2240 ish crit per stack. It's basically BiS for warriors so this on a warrior will probably be up a lot. What probably happened was they doubled the duration for it but it doubled for each stack meaning 40(20 second original duration doubled) seconds x 3 stacks = 120 seconds, which is my guess.

edit: also the spark of zandalari or w.e, the troll 7k str proc thing, lasts for 40 seconds in pvp as well, so i'm just assuming gaze is bugged due to having 3 stacks on the proc.

Edited by Bamflol, 29 May 2013 - 02:16 PM.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

View PostSmygenv, on 29 May 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

Im sure that with 5.3 all trinkets from raids that proc shit had its duration tuned up by 50% i think . I don't think 2 minutes is the intended time for this one

its a bug, if ity were to last longer it wouldnt be 3min, since the reporc does not refresh the duration but the buff with higher stat.

#6 Smygenv

Smygenv
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodhoof
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

View PostZerlog, on 29 May 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

its a bug, if ity were to last longer it wouldnt be 3min, since the reporc does not refresh the duration but the buff with higher stat.

Might be me not understanding that sentence but every time you get a new stack the timer on the buff is refreshed.
Posted Image

#7 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1875
  • 3v3: 2674
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

if you are reading the tooltip then it is wrong, 1785 is what crit you are actually getting when fully stacked due to the 75% nerf. If you can ss your crit chance when fully stacked inside a wargame then u can prove its worth it. But im pretty sure you are just reading the tooltip from the buff which for most pve trinkets is bugged and not accurate.

My bad juju on hunter when tested said 6k agi for 40 secs but on my character sheet was infact only the 34XX like intended
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

• The following trinkets have on-use effects reduced by 75%, but have a 400% increase to duration when used in a Battleground or Arena.
    • Delicate Vial of the Sanguinaire
    • Gaze of the Twins
    • Primordius’ Talisman of Rage
    • Talisman of Bloodlust

#9 Wutangrza

Wutangrza
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Dark Iron
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 384

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:30 AM

That trinket is really crap in arena. Relic of Xuen is a ton better.

The only PvE trinkets I would consider using as a ret are Relic of Xuen, Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun, and possibly Spark of Zandalar (though that thing takes a long ass time to build up sparks).

#10 Vynieh

Vynieh
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2124

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:52 PM

As a human I obviously use Relic of Xuen 2/2 but what would you suggest to use as a 2nd trinket? A PvE on or a PvP one?
Viable PvE trinkets imo are:
*Helmbreaker Medallion http://www.wowhead.com/item=93261
*Darkmist Vortex http://www.wowhead.com/item=86336
*Gaze of the Twins http://www.wowhead.com/item=95799
----
Viable PvP trinkets are obviously either the proc or on-use

So which one would you pick and why?

#11 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

I'd go with the pvp power / on proc 4000 strength one. When it procs together with your Relic, it will be a massive damage boost. Just make sure you track their CD so you know aprox when they are about to proc.

Otherwise use the darkmist vortex. The others have been nerfed and +crit is way inferior to haste.

#12 Proxeneta

Proxeneta
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

For Belf, is Relic of Xuen + PvP trinket + Engineering gloves better than on use PvP trinket/normal glove enchant?

#13 Wutangrza

Wutangrza
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Dark Iron
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 384

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:46 AM

Posting to let other rets know that the only PvE trinket worth using is probably the relic. I picked up Fabled Feather and it's trash in PvP.

After doing LFR every week and spending all 3 coins on Ji-Kun every single week, I finally got my fabled feather of Ji-Kun. I was quite excited to try it out in PvP, since being a human, it meant I could run relic + feather and walk around with a trillion strength.

Turns out, fabled feather is complete garbage and the patch notes were not accurate (it's nerfed SIGNIFICANTLY more than 33%.

At ilvl 496 (what it gets scaled down to inside instanced PvP), the tooltip text says it will increase str by 1047 every 2 seconds for 20 seconds. According to the PTR patch notes, this increase is supposed to be reduced by 33%, but the duration is supposed to be increased by 100%.

The mechanics of the 100% duration increase aren't immediately apparent. I wasn't sure if I would gain a stack every 2 seconds for 40 seconds (20 stacks in total, didn't think this would be the case as it would be extremely overpowered), or a stack every 4 seconds for 40 seconds. It turns out, what happens, is you gain a stack every 2 seconds for 20 seconds, and then after 20 seconds you stay at 10 stacks for another 20 seconds.

This originally made me super excited, as 1047 * .67 = 701.49 str every 2 seconds which would mean at second 20 I would gain 7015 str for a whopping 20 seconds. Unfortunately (or, in the spirit of balance, fortunately), the trinket is nerfed even harder in PvP (stealth nerf that I haven't seen documented anywhere).

Here's what the Fabled Feather really does.

It increases your strength by 461.5 every 2 seconds for 20 seconds. Which means you're only getting 461.55 str every 2 seconds for 20 seconds, and then after second 20 you are only getting 4615 str for 20 seconds.

This means the Fabled Feather did not have its power reduced by 33% as listed in the patch notes, but rather it had its power reduced by 55.92%.

TL;DR: Fabled Feather and presumably Renataki's are a lot worse in PvP than the patch notes said. I don't plan on using my Fabled Feather over my PvP proc trinket as a human ret paladin because the uptime is extremely low and the proc is more nerfed than the patch notes said it was.

#14 originalret

originalret
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1851
  • LocationAus

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:39 AM

View PostProxeneta, on 07 June 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

For Belf, is Relic of Xuen + PvP trinket + Engineering gloves better than on use PvP trinket/normal glove enchant?
engineer gloves (aka synapse springs) will put on-use trinks on CD for 10 seconds. you are better off getting a proc trink as your offensive trinket so it all fires at once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<