Jump to content

Patch 5.3: One shots!


  • Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#21 myboomstick

myboomstick
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 68
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostDreamex, on 29 May 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

The fact that zilea talason and veevs hunter are almost rank 1 on BG9 when veev has close to zero experience on a hunter just shows how much of a joke these classes are. The way they play is even more of a joke, pop every CD (including BW for the damage) in the opener and spam damage, rarely landing traps, not that they are needed. Nothing against them, this is sadly the best way to play. Though it does make me laugh when they complain on stream about casters occasionally globaling them when most games they're usually just tunnelling unhealable damage into the casters.

On other BGs, there really aren't many caster cleaves at all, everything consists of hunters and melee  who mongo everything in the opener and make the game awful to play. Bloodlust seems to have slightly more non melee since there's a small group of casters there who just que into each other on stream every single day.

If hunter + feral + enhance + ret (with cds) + ele got toned down slightly this patch would be a lot better.

This. LIstening to Zilea in some of those games is a challenge, his opinions are so biased it's disgusting...

#22 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 617
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

View PostGsgsgsgsgs, on 29 May 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

Posted Image

I just got outplayed.

best part about that one is you died before the stormblast off-hand could do damage to you,  So add another 30-50k to that

#23 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 706
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

Got hit by a Lavaburst for 256k. Or there was only one cast seen, 1.2sec after that first Lavaburst I died. 4 Lavaburst was seen on Combat log tho, no idea how many Mastery + Talent procs one cast can give them? Seems reasonable, I mean he did get a cast off, without CD's or even On-Use trinket used.
www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#24 Galaleo

Galaleo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 274
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

Hunter comps are the only things needing nerfs IMO. You can mitigate damage from all other classes for the most part. The fact you play with feral hunter you should just be happy about the easy ladder climb.

#25 Flabbert

Flabbert
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 124
  • Talents: Elemental 0/0/1/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2460

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

Elemental is so ridiculous fun atm! Start casting lava burst, get proc on cast and see the bursts flying with people dying
Posted Image

#26 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 2131
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/1/1/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1815
  • 3v3: 2135
  • RBG: 1332
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

veev was also struggling when playing with a blizzcon winning dk and fuzions. Hunters are brainless and mongo but i think the issue with veevs comp is talason going ham with veevs help not the other way around
Posted Image

#27 wodeta

wodeta

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostDreamex, on 29 May 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

The fact that zilea talason and veevs hunter are almost rank 1 on BG9 when veev has close to zero experience on a hunter just shows how much of a joke these classes are. The way they play is even more of a joke, pop every CD (including BW for the damage) in the opener and spam damage, rarely landing traps, not that they are needed. Nothing against them, this is sadly the best way to play. Though it does make me laugh when they complain on stream about casters occasionally globaling them when most games they're usually just tunnelling unhealable damage into the casters.

On other BGs, there really aren't many caster cleaves at all, everything consists of hunters and melee  who mongo everything in the opener and make the game awful to play. Bloodlust seems to have slightly more non melee since there's a small group of casters there who just que into each other on stream every single day.

If hunter + feral + enhance + ret (with cds) + ele got toned down slightly this patch would be a lot better.

Couldn't agree more.
Posted Image

#28 Snackumz

Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 420
  • Talents: Destruction 2/1/2/2/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2233
  • 3v3: 2970
  • 5v5: 1248
  • RBG: 2289

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

pretty funny seeing zilea whine about one shots when veev just swapped to a hunter and went up 300 rating or so from his warlock/warrior.

#29 frigidclam

frigidclam
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 63
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

View PostMattadoro, on 29 May 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

veev was also struggling when playing with a blizzcon winning dk and fuzions. Hunters are brainless and mongo but i think the issue with veevs comp is talason going ham with veevs help not the other way around

Atleast someone pays attention. Watching those games with him/fuzion/dk were painful. Pets die way to easy, AMS is gone from one mage,ele,destro,boomie cast. People dont realize the unpeelable feral is whats constantly putting out pressure in veevs comp so its makes it much easier.

Veev spends the first minute of a match killing a gateway while talason solos the warlock.

#30 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 506
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

View Postfrigidclam, on 29 May 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

Veev spends the first minute of a match killing a gateway while talason solos the warlock.

Teamplay

#31 Aldrainíl

Aldrainíl
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 120
  • Talents: Fire 1/1/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 1901

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

ya i think feral hunter is an issue

#32 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 4336
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

I think the biggest issue with Hunters is that BM has no setup to its damage at all. First global you can go in and be doing full damage.

Most other classes are not like that, and have to put up some sort of bleed/self buff/get a proc before they can do their unhealable damage combo.

There are plenty of other classes that can do the same raw numbers as BM, but not as early in the match. I would like to see BM forced to wait a few globals before it can do full damage. For example, maybe shift some real damage (as in % damage done) to Focus Fire, not just haste? If BM had to wait until they got a 5 stack of Focus Fire before they were doing their current level of damage, they would be a lot easier to deal with.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#33 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 651
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

View Postfant0m8, on 29 May 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

I think the biggest issue with Hunters is that BM has no setup to its damage at all. First global you can go in and be doing full damage.

Most other classes are not like that, and have to put up some sort of bleed/self buff/get a proc before they can do their unhealable damage combo.

There are plenty of other classes that can do the same raw numbers as BM, but not as early in the match. I would like to see BM forced to wait a few globals before it can do full damage. For example, maybe shift some real damage (as in % damage done) to Focus Fire, not just haste? If BM had to wait until they got a 5 stack of Focus Fire before they were doing their current level of damage, they would be a lot easier to deal with.

I think damage levels across the board are just entirely too high. Burst cooldowns should be just that, something you can pop with a relatively long cooldown that spikes your damage up for a few seconds. Bestial Wrath could be nerfed to a 10/10% split instead of a 10/20% split, that would be a good start on that, and stampede doesn't do that much damage considering it's a 5 minute cooldown.  

I think the biggest overall issue of the game is extremely overlooked. Defensive cooldowns are all copouts for most classes these days.
Blizzard: OH THIS CLASS HAS SHITTY DEFENSIVES JUST GIVE THEM GOOD SELF HEALING.

As everyone has been saying, classes need higher sustain and less burst. They also needed real defensive cooldowns.. I'm talking something tangible that can turn the match around if used correctly instead of a shitty heal that just prolongs your death for a second while they land another CC on your healer.

#34 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1508
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

Yeah the best part about watching veev stream was when he would kill gate with his pet and the lock would be dead almost dead  while talason wasn't dying 3v1. tehehe....
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#35 Pitiless

Pitiless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1410
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2204

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

Blizz will add another minute to hunter pet CC in 5.4, then add another minute in 5.5, then realize hunters need actual nerfs in 5.6.

#36 Violatrix

Violatrix
  • Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 127
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 1130
  • LocationLos Angeles, California, USA

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

View PostBraindance, on 29 May 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

  
  • Dk pressure

I would love to see double grip go the way of the dinosaur OR allow casters to continue casting while gripped.
Lightweight Chastise CD tracker:

http://www.curse.com...ixchastisetimer

#37 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Posts: 526
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 2776

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:46 AM

View Postpyrellael_3428244, on 29 May 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

Now if only every cleave didn't kill me through all my defensives stacked while i'm in spirit link totem I'd agree

If you are dying through "every defensive" in a link then your team is fucking garbage, has nothing to do with the balance of the game.  I've yet to die to a cleave in under 2 minutes, space your cooldowns and get slight peels and you can kite.  Dk/UA/healer kills me/pressures me faster than any cleave in the game.

Kitty cleave is the only comp that should realistically be able to tunnel you into the floor in under 1 minute, depending on your comp.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#38 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Posts: 526
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 2776

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

View PostZilea, on 29 May 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Wanted to ask what everyone's experience has been so far in patch 5.3 and what class do you think is over the top?

I'll start it off with a nice video to get it rolling! EDIT: don't forget to change the video quality to 720p!



You enter every game and press every CD in the game and win a majority in under 1 minute.

The ele looked like he Lava Fulminated, both crit
Khryl Mind blast DPd and both crit, one for "110k"

After what was minutes of tunneling, you randomly die.  Not sure how this is a video at all lol.  It would however, have been entertaining to piece together fraps of all the games you won before Zoo ended against real players.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#39 Shouri

Shouri
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1295
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:21 AM

Man it's depressing how you get cheated out of your hard fought and well deserved win!

#40 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Posts: 566
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:51 AM

feral/hunter doing unhealable damage into a target looooool

Edited by Deeklol, 30 May 2013 - 02:51 AM.

Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<