• Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

Hard to judge how good the guides are but from a first look they are solid. EJ hasn't done good rogue guides for quite some time. It's either read the threads constantly or search through endless posts.

From initial testing I like Toss + Glyph of Redirect a lot for 5.4 Mutilate, probably even with Shadow Focus instead of Subterfuge. RLS or looks strong and the main point in favor of Shaman instead of druid is the mastery buff. I think the playstyle will be with a lot slower opener and I can see all three T5 talents being viable for Mutilate.

The main issue I still have with Mutilate is the lack of a strong opener sequence because of no Premeditation and the lack of Wound Poison.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 23 July 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

The main issue I still have with Mutilate is the lack of a strong opener sequence because of no Premeditation and the lack of Wound Poison.

/agree

Also, having a 55 energy combo point builder feels clunky as fuck and makes the spec boring.

#83 Lifeslayer

Lifeslayer
  • Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

View PostFlanktwo2, on 13 June 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

Ah I wasn't aware wound poison proccs Venomous Wounds

Deadly does so much more damage, I don't see a reason to use Wound.

#84 Akriosdisciple

Akriosdisciple
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1409
  • 3v3: 1242
  • LocationEast coast USA

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

will have to try this, multi rupturing and using cnd as mut. Ive been using the new BOS which i find great for escape and reseting fights and it makes for good catching up to your target too cheap and no cd.

feels kind of wierd using step as mutilate cus for years we didnt have it available to us. If i do use cnd ill def use toss not anticipation though.

/agree

Also, having a 55 energy combo point builder feels clunky as fuck and makes the spec boring.

well whats different between using an expensive combo builder dumping energy quickly for 2-3 pts vs a cheap combo builder you have to spam and get 1 pt at a time?

2 back stabs at 35 energy is 70 energy. 2 hemos is 60 e

and it has the luxury of no positional requirement and sometimes generates 3 combo pts with seal fate.

Now not being able to use wound is a big reason why mut cant be on par with sub. they should make it so we still get the healing debuff somehow as mutilate which relies on the use of deadly poison.

#85 Fernseh3r

Fernseh3r
  • Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

I have a quick question regarding the opener. I first gotta say i returned to wow after 4 yeards so im not entirely up to date. It seems to me that opening with  Garrote > SnD > Cheapshot > Ambush/Mutilate  > Envenom to refresh SnD up to max is ideal.

My point is that Garrote gives you the energy boost, and you instantly have a max duration of SnD. Then you can apply Rupture in one of the next finishers to keep the Energy flow going.

I might be totally wrong on this one but i would like to hear some feedback on that.

#86 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

It's about Preference and situation. The sequence you mentioned above is a common one and viable of that. You may also use Cheap Shot + Rupture for early Mutialte.

If you happen to run with Paralytic Poison (wich talent is stronger as mut), I recommend to use Envenom as first finisher for faster Paralytic application.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mutilate, rogue, switch, from, sub

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<