• Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/2/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1988
  • 3v3: 2212
  • RBG: 958

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:59 AM

Recently re rolled warlock after 3 expansions as warrior. Really liking affliction but I'm having trouble keeping my dps pressure up. In 3s this isn't so bad as I can rely on my teammate and focus on control, but in 2s I have trouble if I play with a healer. So much of my damage seems reliant on malefic grasp and in 2s I'm just constantly getting spell locked, which really brings my dps pressure down. Any tips to combat this? Also, which healer works best with an aff in 2s, and is any double dps 2s team with an aff viable for 1.9?

#2 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:10 AM

No matter what you're doing, DoT everything before you malefic grasp, andkeep it up pets included.

As for getting interupted just download interupt bar or juked so you can watch the cds of their interupts to know when you're good to cast and when you need to fake.

2v2 is also very bleh, aff doesn't solo healer/dps very well.. if you're just looking for a quick cap play demo or destro with a healer orplay with a mage as aff.

#3 Exephia

Exephia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2039
  • 3v3: 2327
  • RBG: 576

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

Imo as affliction shard management is key, if you can cast it, cast. It allows the shard you save on soulburn ss to use haunt instead, which is increased dmg so you have a bit more pressure like that and yeah as it says above, keep dots up as much as possible.

#4 Twochainz

Twochainz

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

To maximize damage as affliction, you need to know when to soulburn soul swap, and when to cast. I usually soulburn soul swap for most all healers unless their positioning is terrible. For example, against MLS or any spell cleave, you shouldnt have to soulburn soul swap either of the DPS, just the healer. That means that you should be using haunt a lot more. However, if your playing against something like kitty cleave or jungle cleave, you will find yourself soulburn soul swapping a bit more then normal. I just read that this was about 2s. . .ughh. . .who cares about 2s? If your looking to get high in 2s, you should go demo and play demo resto druid. However, 2s is lame and no body cares about 2s :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: warlock, affliction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<