• Curse Sites
Help

Are ret paladins S5-S6 op or are people just exagerating?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 hirtqt

hirtqt
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline 2/0/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 732

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

ret hunter priest lol
Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 Cptparasret

Cptparasret
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • LocationFinland

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostMirionx, on 27 May 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

Yeah you're class must be viable with any class like S11 warlocks to be good right?
nop not rly they work good with hunter and okay with mage and feral ret might work too havent tryed yet in this patch. Not saying ret must be viable with any class. Works good with those 2 classes tho

#43 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostPersephones, on 27 May 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

Why do people keep saying "but we're vulnerable to wizards!" as if it's something special? Any fucking class is.

Huh? we're being demolished by melee's. A feral can take me down to bubble in the opener. They can barely touch fucking priest. It makes zero sense that a plate user goes down that fast. Train the ret mate, try it.

#44 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostCptparasret, on 27 May 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

nop not rly they work good with hunter and okay with mage and feral ret might work too havent tryed yet in this patch. Not saying ret must be viable with any class. Works good with those 2 classes tho

Enhs, feral and DKs to some extent work together with rets too

#45 moistlol

moistlol
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Moonrunner
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/1/1/0/0

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 27 May 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

Huh? we're being demolished by melee's. A feral can take me down to bubble in the opener. They can barely touch fucking priest. It makes zero sense that a plate user goes down that fast. Train the ret mate, try it.

The fact that you can deny a full 8 second cc twice with the press of a button is retarded and that alone makes up for the fact that "u get gloaballed".. Newsflash, everyone globals and gets globalled, yourself included. You can keep some of ur dmg, maybe u can have some surv buffs, but for the love of god, pls get rid of the mindless ret Sac. At least make it so you have to precast it before CC actually lands because right now it is retarded.

#46 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2448
  • 3v3: 3009
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

View Postmoistlol, on 27 May 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

The fact that you can deny a full 8 second cc twice with the press of a button is retarded and that alone makes up for the fact that "u get gloaballed".. Newsflash, everyone globals and gets globalled, yourself included. You can keep some of ur dmg, maybe u can have some surv buffs, but for the love of god, pls get rid of the mindless ret Sac. At least make it so you have to precast it before CC actually lands because right now it is retarded.

If you play at any sort of high level it's incredibly easy to cross CC the Ret so he cant sac. I've had 1750 teams figure it out honestly, and this is a Resto sham bitching about ret? LOL
http://www.twitch.tv/avengtv -- Follow for Ret 3v3 Arenas on Live and Beta!

View Postgravyrainbow, on 08 October 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

#47 Bamflol

Bamflol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2493
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

this just in, ret pallies confirmed for being "support class". PS if you cc the pally while you have your partner cc someone else, he can't sac. omgz leet cross cc too stronk.

#48 Matduke

Matduke
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Balance 2/2/2/2/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2314
  • 3v3: 2876
  • 5v5: 1533
  • RBG: 960

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

View PostBraindance, on 27 May 2013 - 04:56 AM, said:

ahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahaha

a ) They reduced all your stats by 15% including stamina
b ) They could chain crit for 5-6k
c ) They could go through damage reduction effects with wings, rendering many defensive cooldowns useless
d ) They were the only melee class on par with dks in s5 and one of the best in s6, on par with dks and warriors

So they were quite op

It's OP to be on par with other melee classes?

#49 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostMatduke, on 27 May 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

It's OP to be on par with other melee classes?
Yes cause in s5 dks were super op, and in s6 both dks and warriors were op.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#50 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

Who said anything about globalling people? I didn't?

Deny a 8 second cc? You mean by using divine shield? Most people have an ability to escape CC, just on much lower cd and way better.
Tremor totem, fear ward, sw:d, beast within (twice), iceblocks (twice), DK's with their talent. You make it sound like it is better than it is. Divine shield is used defensively, and is unable to be used offensively (atleast if you do not cancel it, making you easily CC'able again.)

Sac was fine the way it was, there was no need for us to be able to dispel our partners. All we need is some defensive play style that comprises our damage output. I think we are fairly ok vs. casters already, but we do lack something against melee's. As I said before, a pirest in cloth is able to tank melee's better than we are in plate. Makes little sense (due to cloth + inner will being more reduction than plate).

Put more thought into your posts next time. You come off as a really dumb kid with your "you deserve to be globalled" remark.

Edited by Feliclandelo, 27 May 2013 - 10:33 PM.

#51 Enim

Enim
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance
  • RBG: 1835

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

View Postsarma, on 27 May 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

They could do 25+k dmg in 1 gcd. People had 25ish +k hp in that season

Judgement+melle hit+2sob procs+trinket proc = 25+k dmg in 1 gcd if everything crits
I had a ss globaling rubido 100-0 in 1 gcd :P

pls link me that for nostalgia <3

#52 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 27 May 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

Who said anything about globalling people? I didn't?

Deny a 8 second cc? You mean by using divine shield? Most people have an ability to escape CC, just on much lower cd and way better.
Tremor totem, fear ward, sw:d, beast within (twice), iceblocks (twice), DK's with their talent. You make it sound like it is better than it is. Divine shield is used defensively, and is unable to be used offensively (atleast if you do not cancel it, making you easily CC'able again.)

Sac was fine the way it was, there was no need for us to be able to dispel our partners. All we need is some defensive play style that comprises our damage output. I think we are fairly ok vs. casters already, but we do lack something against melee's. As I said before, a pirest in cloth is able to tank melee's better than we are in plate. Makes little sense (due to cloth + inner will being more reduction than plate).

Put more thought into your posts next time. You come off as a really dumb kid with your "you deserve to be globalled" remark.
he meant sac removing cc on others, lol

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#53 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:52 AM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 27 May 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

Please just stop. A feral can make me blow every cd in the book as well if he decides to use CDs. You're making it sound like ret paladins take extradonary damage compared to everyone, they're really not. You might not have as many defensive CDs, but the rest of us are still getting killed in a deep etc.

Predict the cc and sac prior to the enemy team landing, the next level of ret yo.

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#54 Luminant

Luminant
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1778
  • 3v3: 2550
  • RBG: 768

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:33 AM

View PostPersephones, on 28 May 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

Please just stop. A feral can make me blow every cd in the book as well if he decides to use CDs. You're making it sound like ret paladins take extradonary damage compared to everyone, they're really not. You might not have as many defensive CDs, but the rest of us are still getting killed in a deep etc.

Predict the cc and sac prior to the enemy team landing, the next level of ret yo.

Are you fucking stupid? Every class in the fucking game has a version of shadowform besides ret. Ret IS the squishiest class in the game. The only thing that keeps us alive are our own self heals and ability to kite and LoS. Last patch if a ret didn't prewall a deep frozen orb they died, end of story. Do you know how many crutches every other class has? What are you a warlock? Complaining about survivability? LOL

#55 Jeffisnumberone

Jeffisnumberone
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationRwanda

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:01 AM

View PostLuminant, on 28 May 2013 - 05:33 AM, said:

Are you fucking stupid? Every class in the fucking game has a version of shadowform besides ret. Ret IS the squishiest class in the game. The only thing that keeps us alive are our own self heals and ability to kite and LoS. Last patch if a ret didn't prewall a deep frozen orb they died, end of story. Do you know how many crutches every other class has? What are you a warlock? Complaining about survivability? LOL
can we agree that elemental needs a buff atm
Posted ImagePosted Image

#56 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

View PostPersephones, on 28 May 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

That is not true though. There is a reason they made divine protection able to be used while stunned. Because Mages were and have always been the overlords of paladins, holy or ret. Most classes can survive a deep n a real 3v3 environment these days, if their partner is peeled. This is because of the passive and healing most classes have, except paladins.

About the feral statement, that is not true either. The only mitigation we have is our armor. Priests have inner will and shields, making them take less damage effectively. Druids can barkskin, and surprisingly enough on tank ferals a lot easier (atleast I can on my rdruid). I can't comment on monks and rshamans though. I was not talking about ferals using cd's. I was litterally talking about a ferals, before mop and after, that forces divine shield with full bleeds in a punce.

Now we can finally use divine protection though, which is rather equal to barkskin and probably is a huge gamebreaker for some openers.

View PostEnim, on 27 May 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

pls link me that for nostalgia <3

Not quite s5-s6, but was made early s8 as protret, which was equally dumb if you ask me. First song is in Danish, it really was meant as a troll video. First game is long.

http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=145235

Edited by Feliclandelo, 28 May 2013 - 07:24 AM.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 28 May 2013 - 07:22 AM, said:

Not quite s5-s6, but was made early s8 as protret, which was equally dumb if you ask me. First song is in Danish, it really was meant as a troll video. First game is long.

http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=145235

HAHAHAHA ADDONS EVERYWERE LOL, Do you even game awarness? xd

#58 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

View PostZerlog, on 28 May 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

HAHAHAHA ADDONS EVERYWERE LOL, Do you even game awarness? xd

No, but I got a total of 8 gladiator titles.

You?

#59 creamsx

creamsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/1/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2023
  • 3v3: 2751
  • RBG: 2070

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 28 May 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

No, but I got a total of 8 gladiator titles.

You?

Posted Image
ouch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<