5.3 rmp 3v3 tips mage pvp

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dgil

dgil
  • Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

Junkies,

Have a few questions as far as RMP goes this season. My threes team (relatively new RMP) has been hovering at about 1750 and are having trouble getting much further. We are all new to our classes, with me playing a mage (having only been playing these classes for a few months), and have problems with certain comps. Also, any tips on what the classes should be doing (mage in particular, but other tips are welcome) is also greatly appreciated, because even though all players are experienced with arenas/pvp, we're new to these characters.

95% of the time I'm playing frost bomb, I can't post links yet so if anyone wants to see my armory it's Joeykarate on Arthas, Orc Mage.

Priest: Arnyjones on Arthas (UD)
Rogue: Cruentatur on Arthas (UD)

Warlock/Shaman/X: We have a very hard time keeping our healer out of LONG cc chains. With the Lock being able to run while casting, our priest LOS's him as best as possible but sometimes it gets tough, and the rogue and myself try to peel best as possible, but it's very hard for me to get casts on this and find myself getting locked out from the Shaman. Any general tips here? Should I be running NT against this comp to avoid lockouts?

FMP/Any Feral Comp: With Feral druids in particular, we have a very hard time. We know we have huge openers as RMP, and very hard swaps to switch kill targets, but most of the time we'll end up CC'ing the healer, trying to kill Mage, and because the Feral druid is not sheep-able, he ends up running free and raping my ass. I'll throw novas, try to ROF him, but it's hard to peel/control the Feral and he ends up going untouched and owning me or my Rogue. Should we try to kill Feral instead to put pressure on him so he can't just wtfpwn us?

DK/Shaman/X: I simply can't get any casts off in this game, and I hate playing NT. Should I stop being an idiot and play NT against this team, with Poly, and just not hard cast much to avoid being locked out? Or is there a way I can still play Frost Bomb against this comp?

Thugcleave: Help me. Any help, plox. We have a very hard time with this comp.

Any other general RMP tips in 5.3 is welcome. We're new to the comp, understand that our strengths are in our opener and swaps, but I think we're much more capable than 1700 and would love tips from the AJ community. Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5.3, rmp, 3v3, tips, mage, pvp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<