#1 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

I'm a big fan of this ability when it works. Only really done 2's with it so far, but I think it has a lot of cool uses and I really like it for peeling. With the current dispel system we have been pretty terrible at peeling, but with Binding Shot I feel like I can actually get cleaves off my healer.

It's also a good offensive tool, especially against teams that are overly aggressive on trying to each traps. Binding->Explosive (or even Explosive->Binding) is a lot of fun.

What do you think?

---------

On the negative side, has anyone else been having consistency issues? In particular I've had monks (DPS) and enhance shamans seemingly just walk out of the bind without getting stunned. And I could clearly see the binding link on their character to the arrow. Obviously there's the possibility of nimble brew with a monk, but he didn't even look like he got momentarily stunned.

Currently I think that freedom effects might be countering the whole effect? Anyone else tested this?
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#2 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/0/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1623

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

nah it sucks.

retarded idea

#3 Sabyth

Sabyth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Uldaman
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

We get it. You really like MM and want every Hunter to play it.

#4 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

We get it. You really like MM and want every Hunter to play it.

This is the Hunter forum. Can't discuss an ability that we've had for literally 1 day?

Why are you posting here?
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#5 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1056
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

I love that ability - you have so many ways of using it. You can use it to prevent traps being eaten , as a way to extend cc on hhealer and you can easily trap off it. It is not htat simple for people to eat your trap from it since they also get stunned most of the time. Good to peel aswell.
But mainly it is really nice to trap off(best way to use during fear for guaranteed proc or with exp trap). I often end up nearly not using my pet sleep for trapping since i get traps off cd anyway.
www.twitch.tv/hiddenstalkeeu

#6 Tibzdtf

Tibzdtf
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nazjatar
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/2/2/.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

Its actually pretty solid.
"\_( シ)_/"Posted Image"\_( シ)_/"

Twitch.tv/tibzngr

#7 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/1/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2090
  • 3v3: 2769
  • 5v5: 2517
  • RBG: 767
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

he's just pointing out that literally 40% + of your posts are declaring you are mm everyone should go mm or why u are different than other hunters.

it was easy to ignore the first 10 about it but i understand why he's pointing it out

Also.... MM
Posted Image

#8 ernest

ernest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 1634

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

I really love this ability. It's great for controlling melee. I love throwing it onto a trap when cc'ing a dps. even if they trinket the trap if they try to chase after trinket they get stunned.

combined with explosive trap it's a great 3 second CC.
or when dps'ing someone you can throw it up before you power shot and stun.
peeling around a pillar.

i'm creating new applications for this ability everyday now that i don't have to choose between silence and binding. i'm enjoying it.

and you SHOULD all go marksman.
Hunters, least represented for 4 seasons. Average for one. Here comes the 5th at the bottom, and we're worse than ever.

Blizz sure learns fast.

Posted Image

#9 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

he's just pointing out that literally 40% + of your posts are declaring you are mm everyone should go mm or why u are different than other hunters.

it was easy to ignore the first 10 about it but i understand why he's pointing it out

Also.... MM

If I don't then 90%+ of the time people will respond to my posts as if I'm BM, whining about my 30s stun or how my damage has 0 setup.

#10 GrieverXIII

GrieverXIII
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maelstrom
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1561
  • 3v3: 1958
  • 5v5: 862

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

Love it, was already using it in RBGs/Random BGs (actually gonna blow not having it as SV for RBGs anymore but meh). Having a reliable peel since the loss of entrapment is definitively noticable.

#11 Ponen

Ponen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 1936
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

Needs to be buffed to 4-5 sec stun or something else. MM still isn't very desirable because bm suits these cleave zerg style comps so well.

#12 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 1327
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

did like 6 random bgs as marks freaking fun not to mention i saw like 12 different comps since the patch hit in arena not just thug and mage spriest x now. shit is exciting now it seems.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#13 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/0/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1623

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

i actually dont like MM this patch for some reason..

Maybe i just like being hipster as fuck.

Time to play survival only. pce.

#14 ernest

ernest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

binding shot gives marksman hunters the potential to have the most cc in the entire game from 1 class.

it is relatively easy to get a stun to go off on someone if they're moving at all. they're stunned before you noticed you threw it.

stun 3 second trap off stun
trap 8 seconds silence
silence 3 seconds scatter
scatter 4 seconds pet cc
pet cc 4 seconds readiness trap
trap 8 seconds because dr has fallen off already scatter
scatter 3 dr'd
silence 3 seconds binding explosive trap
binding 3 seconds

assuming the hunter is unharrassed during this chain, i believe this is the longest cc chain any one class can conceivably pull of.

it's a 40 second cc chain. granted i didn't overlap any of these spells, but that would only shave off 8 seconds at most.
Hunters, least represented for 4 seasons. Average for one. Here comes the 5th at the bottom, and we're worse than ever.

Blizz sure learns fast.

Posted Image

#15 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 1327
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

Nerd
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#16 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

binding shot gives marksman hunters the potential to have the most cc in the entire game from 1 class.

it is relatively easy to get a stun to go off on someone if they're moving at all. they're stunned before you noticed you threw it.

stun 3 second trap off stun
trap 8 seconds silence
silence 3 seconds scatter
scatter 4 seconds pet cc
pet cc 4 seconds readiness trap
trap 8 seconds because dr has fallen off already scatter
scatter 3 dr'd
silence 3 seconds binding explosive trap
binding 3 seconds

assuming the hunter is unharrassed during this chain, i believe this is the longest cc chain any one class can conceivably pull of.

it's a 40 second cc chain. granted i didn't overlap any of these spells, but that would only shave off 8 seconds at most.

DR is approximately 17 seconds, there are only 12 seconds in that chain between trap ending and your 2nd trap. It would be a DR'd trap (4s).

Also each DR reduces the duration by 50%. It's a 2s scatter the 2nd time. And that makes it only 14 seconds of CC between silencing shots, so the 2nd one of those will be DRed as well (1.5s).

Also keep in mind that the monkey blind DRs with binding shot (they're both controlled stuns), so you'll have to use a crane. And any fear break will throw off this CC chain a lot (can't land the 2nd trap, nothing else will be off DR yet).

Other than that, looks about right. (I'd be careful about giving up your 2nd deterrence if you haven't used one yet though. And watch out for any type of disarm/stun/CC/even a silence when you're trying to throw the trap.)

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

Needs to be buffed to 4-5 sec stun or something else. MM still isn't very desirable because bm suits these cleave zerg style comps so well.

INb4 MM KFC op nerf plz blizz :)

#18 ernest

ernest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:17 AM

DR is approximately 17 seconds, there are only 12 seconds in that chain between trap ending and your 2nd trap. It would be a DR'd trap (4s).

Also each DR reduces the duration by 50%. It's a 2s scatter the 2nd time. And that makes it only 14 seconds of CC between silencing shots, so the 2nd one of those will be DRed as well (1.5s).

Also keep in mind that the monkey blind DRs with binding shot (they're both controlled stuns), so you'll have to use a crane. And any fear break will throw off this CC chain a lot (can't land the 2nd trap, nothing else will be off DR yet).

Other than that, looks about right. (I'd be careful about giving up your 2nd deterrence if you haven't used one yet though. And watch out for any type of disarm/stun/CC/even a silence when you're trying to throw the trap.)

dr starts winding down after the spell applies, not after it falls off i believe.

and crane is also on stun dr (i believe all pet ccs are on stun dr, even the cyclone like version of basilisk stun)

and i did say "unharassed"

just tested it and i think you're right about the dr

Edited by ernest, 24 May 2013 - 05:52 AM.

Blizz sure learns fast.

Posted Image

#19 Ruddx

Ruddx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

If theres a single comp with enough offheal/support so MM doesn't get oneshot in some Stunn people will actually have reason to complain about unavoidable hunter CC, unless they put Binding Shot on GCD atleast.

#20 Enyalius

Enyalius
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Executus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

So MM got a AP buff and an extra CC, and now u dont like MM o_o wat is dis

Pls

More

Nerfs

<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<